CHAPTER 1

ETERNITY

 

CHAPTER 1



March 2010 – Tokyo, Japan

“NOONA! Noona, wake up!”

A young tall lanky man pats furiously on the petite young lady’s leg that’s lying on a lounge chair outside a balcony. Few minutes pass by and the young lady still continues to cringe and mumble words in her sleep. He continues to pat and shake the young lady to wake up. She starts to stir around and gain conscious. The young man messes her hair as she sits up.

“SANG HYUN!” Her small petite hands choke the living day light out of the young man. 

Sang Hyun coughs hard as he pries her hands off his neck. Sandara calms down. He rubs his neck and his worried eyes looks at his older sister, “Sandara noona, are you okay? Bad dream again huh?”

“I’m sorry Baby bro…” Sandara avoids his eyes and starts fiddling the tip of her pajama shirt. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I don’t like hurting you like this but you know I’m not a morning person. I’m a monster for hurting you…I’m really sorry…” She reaches her hand out and rubs his neck. She could see her reddish hand mark forming around his neck.

“I’m fine Noona. You didn’t hurt me at all with your small little hands.” Sang Hyun grabs both her hands and gently squeezes them. “You only choke me like this when you have your so called ‘Bad dreams’. I still don’t understand why you call them ‘Bad’… in my opinion I believe…” He pauses and sees his older sister giving him the evil eye to stop. “Noona, please listen to me and take my advice.”

Sandara pulls her hands back, “NO! Please Sang Hyun, I told you I don’t want to hear whatever advice you have for me. I’m fine! Leave my dreams alone…can we please drop this topic?” She looks away and stares at the busy street of Tokyo. It’s early dawn and there are so many cars out. She waits for him to speak. Silence grows out for minutes and guilt starts to feed in her system. She turns her head back. Sang Hyun is standing a foot away from her leaning over the railing of the balcony. He’s staring at the sun slowly rising. Sandara walks up behind and hug him. 

“Sorry, Noona. I just hate seeing you like that every time you dream….I won’t force you anymore to listen to my advice. I’m zipping my mouth about the ‘Bad dream’ topic starting today.” Sang Hyun playfully zips his mouth up and pretends to throw an imaginary key off the balcony.

Sandara laughs, “Thank you, Baby Bro…so what’s the agenda for today?”

“We’re going to see our grandparents!” Sang Hyun removes her arms and drags her back inside their condo unit. Sandara grunts and tries to pull her arms back.

“They’re not our grandparents, Sang Hyun.” She finally got her arms lose from his grip. He mischievously grins at her. She raises a brow, “What are you up to?”

“Nothing.” Sang Hyun shrugs his shoulders. 

Sandara grabs the collar of his shirt, “You’re up to something! I know that look! I’m not going!” She stubbornly pouts.

“Hahaha…Noona, you have no choice but to see our grandparents. It’s an order. You can’t deny it.” He drapes his shoulder over Sandara.

“Stop calling them our grandparents…” Sandara crosses her arms.

“Noona, they’re the only family we have left. Come on, we have to get ready! We’re meeting up with them in 2 hours.” He jokingly messes her hair. 

Sandara smacks his forearm, “Stop that! You better pray I don’t kill you after our meeting with them…” She angrily marches toward her room and stops in front of her door. “Sang Hyun, I’m warning you. You better not be up to something.”

She slams the door and Sang Hyun chuckles, “It’s for your own good. I’m sorry Noona…”