Yeollie

Falling Deep

 

Hey guys ! Sooo I FINALLY was able to update for the second time this week ! 

It's a little late, but I promise that I wrote this whole chapter a couple of days ago. But then my internet completely went crazy on me and I seriously freaked out T.T But I fixed it so here it is ! :D Yayyyy!

This past week really stressed me out so I hope it hasn't affected my brain enough for my writing to go way downhill. Haha.

Hope you enjoyyyy ^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

Sungyeol sighed while walking home from school. He was in deep thought and kept bumping into people. After the awkward incident during lunch, he face palmed himself every time he had eye contact with anyone from Infinite. He was really starting to regret ever leaving the table so… rudely. Of course the whole school heard about what happened within a couple of minutes. People either thought that he was crazy, or even “cool” for talking like that to kingkas. He knew that his plan to pass through high school with ease would be difficult. Especially when he found out that he already had a bunch of fangirls…

 

Back to Infinite

 

Naturally, Sungjong had told everyone he knew about the latest gossip, which happened to be about what happened at lunch. The members of Infinite were still shocked about how Sungyeol rejected Jong’s “unexpected invitation,” but they were not going to hold a grudge against him.

“Hyunggggggg. But us ice creammmm!” Woohyun said cutely to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu cringed “Ew stop it you NamGrease !”

“Hehe you know you love my greasy aegyo hyung !” Woohyun said as he went overboard on his bunny aegyo.

“Fine… okay guys, I’ll treat you to ice cream, but you have to stop that gross aegyo you stupid Namu.” Woohyun slightly pouted but then smiled again.

“Yayyy !! Hyung, don’t hide the fact that my aegyo is just too irresistible ^^”

They all went towards the store while Sungjong was jumping around from excitement.

“Hey… isn’t that the Sungyeol kid over there?” Dongwoo asked with his goofy smile still on his face.

“Let’s just leave him alone, he said he didn’t want to be a part of Infinite, so let the guy be.” Surprisingly, the one who said this was Myungsoo, who barely said anything the whole day.

Everyone shrugged and walked into the ice cream store. Sungjong smiled to himself and thought *don’t worry guys, I’ll get Sungyeol to come to our side*.

 

The Next Day (This part pretty much has Yeollie’s background info)

 

Sungyeol woke up while it was still dark outside and the sun hadn’t come up yet. He always woke up earlier than most students because he made breakfast for himself. Sungyeol lived by himself. This was because his mother had passed away from cancer when he was young. His father had abandoned him after her death. His father had asked his close friend and his wife to look after Sungyeol. His friend couldn’t refuse because apparently, their relationship was much too close, almost like brothers. So for six years, Sungyeol had lived with his biological father’s friend and his wife, but when he turned sixteen, Sungyeol had asked to live on his own. Of course at the time he was only sixteen, so his “parents” refused at first. And so Sungyeol had to be honest with them. He always thought that he didn’t have parents. Even with the people he lived with, his guardians, he never actually felt that they were his parents. He liked being alone and secluded. That’s just the way he was. After he had said that, they found him a place to live, close to them, paid the bills, and occasionally checked up on him.

He now lives in an apartment building that was coincidentally close to a bunch of schools. Sungyeol used to go to a public school closest to his apartment, but he applied for a scholarship to a private school, the one he goes to now, Woollim High. Actually, they didn’t give scholarships, but after his “dad” pulled a few strings, he got the opportunity to talk to the principal, and if the principal thought he wouldn’t bring the school’s reputation down, he would give him a scholarship. So after personally talking to the principal, the school gave him a full scholarship. His grades were usually perfect, his GPA was pretty much a perfect 4.0, and he tried extremely hard in his studies. But even if he slacked off a little, his grades were still perfect, but he didn’t want to risk anything.

 

While the sun was finally coming up, Sungyeol was ready for school and was eating his breakfast, Waffles with fresh fruit. He really didn’t want to go to school and risk bumping into anyone from Infinite, but of course, he would never miss school unless he was dying.

 

He walked to school at 7:30 and arrived there with 20 minutes until class started. He had always gone to school early, at his old school as well. People said that he was an ‘over achiever’ but they didn’t know how hard Sungyeol had to work when he was younger just to be considered ‘average’. So now, he was older and got in the habit of studying as a stress relief.

 

Sungyeol walked into the classroom, expecting no one to be there since the whole campus was pretty much empty as well. But to his surprise, the two kingkas in his class, Myungsoo and Sungjong, were there already doing homework. He stood at the doorway awkwardly and realized that they hadn’t noticed him yet. He quietly turned around to leave, praying in his mind that they would notice him. But all of a sudden Sungjong looked up after hearing a small noise and saw Sungyeol. “Wait ! Sungyeol hyung!” Sungyeol froze and turned around a little, his skin turning pale.

 

“heh… uhm… hello, Sungjong.” He facepalmed himself and put on an almost painful smile.

Myungsoo looked up from his only half done homework and saw an uncomfortable looking Sungyeol. He took out his earphones and said “Jong-ah, stop making him feel weird. Leave the poor guy alone.” *God, he’s always such an over dramatic diva*

 

“I’ll be back Myungie hyung.” Sungjong said with an almost sinister smile. Myungsoo just shrugged, not caring anymore, and went back to his music and his homework. The last thing he was Jong dragging Sungyeol into the hallway.