A Celebration in Chongshin U

Brainy Little Lady

 

LJoe's POV

 

"It is today." I talked to myself in the mirror.

 

"It'll be just as usual." I took a loose sweater out of my wardrobe. The weather seems pretty cold in this day. As usual, I'm going early to school. Prepare myself and get ready for this event again.

 

~ding dong… ding dong…~

 

"Who could it be?" I wondered and went to the door. It was Niel and Chunji and so I let them in.

 

"What is it hyung?" I asked Chunji.

 

"Wae? You don't want us to be here? Aigoo~ hyung, we just want to have breakfast with you and go to school together! We haven't done it for a long time now." Niel intervened.

 

"That's right! *sniffs* It smells nice! I don't recognize the aroma but it does smell good!" Chunji scented the food I cooked.

 

(while eating)

 

" *sips the soup* Hyung! What is this thing? I almost choke on it! Why is it sour?" Niel complained.

 

"Just eat! It's delicious once you get used to it anyway." I elucidated.

 

"I love the way the shrimp is added in it! It is indeed yummy!" Chunji said.

"Eat faster so that we can go to school now." I turned and washed my dishes.

 

"Why is he so impatient?" Niel was worried. He just ate his food as fast as he can and they went to school together.

 

____________________________

 

Chelsea's POV

 

~ding dong (2x) oi! ding dong (2x)~
(this is the sound of Chelsea's house doorbell)

 

" *yawns* Aish~ Disturbing my sleep" I said while stretching my arms. I still feel so sleepy and I could hardly move my body.

 

"Wait a moment please! *opens the door* Oh! Rischia-ah! Why so early? Are you in a hurry?"

 

"Mwo? You're still abed and thought it's still early? Yahh! Unnie, get your school uniform and get a hold of yourself! We need to be early today. Didn't you know? The early birdy catches the little wormy!" Rischia was in a rush.

 

Why hurry? I'm still so sleepy!I thought.

 

_____________________________

 

At Chongshin U

 

Narrator's POV

 

Chelsea was still sluggish when she and Rischia arrived in their school. The moment she stepped closer to the study rooms, she was surprised when she heard students' loud voices.

 

"Whoa! The nocturnal species are awake in the broad daylight?" Chelsea was suddenly electrified.

 

"See? These are the early birds! They're here to try and gain favor with the school staff who'll handle this event." Rischia told her.

 

"I never knew there'd be times like this. But, what favor? event?" Chelsea curiously asked when someone unexpectedly blindfolded her with bare hands.

 

"Ssshh" He told Rischia then she giggled and nodded.

 

"Yaahh! Who's this? Hey! Stop fooling around. I don't like surprises!" Chelsea held his hands away from her eyes.

 

"Noona, I was just kidding."

 

"Yah! Changjo oppa! Aish~ my eyes got blurry!" she was rubbing her eyes trying to regain its natural sight.

 

Changjo scratched his head sheepishly. "Mianhae noona. Kwaenchana?"

 

She was squinting into them and said, "Don't worry, it's getting better now. By the way, why is it that the world turned upside down? I mean, students became punctual in a short period of time. What's going on?"

 

"That's why I came here looking for you noona. Come! Let's talk about it at the garden." Changjo pulled them.

 

"So what is this all about?"

 

"It all happens every year, seven days before the celebration for Chongshin Universty's foundation day….."

 

__________________________

 

At SC2

 

"I still don't get it." Chelsea muttered.

 

"Pardon? Did you say something unnie?" Rischia asked.

 

"Oh, it's nothing. Don't mind me" she smiled.

 

"Gosh! I hope I get chosen this year! I really wanna try it! I did all my best a while ago at the music room." Rischia was excited at the same time, nervous.

 

"You're making me dizzy. Why don't you just stay still and gather your wits?"

 

"How could you be still when you're worried on the outcome? What if I get chosen? What if I don't? Aisshh~ michyeosseo!" Rischia just can't calm down.

 

One of their classmates came running in.
"Guys! They're here!"

 

"Chelsea unnie! This is it!"

 

"Good afternoon students. I know that you're already aware on why I'm here. Before I announce the person who'll represent your class in the upcoming search for this year's Chongshin Idol, I would like to inform you that we will be having two participants in each class."

 

"Yes! More chances!" Rischia brightened up.

 

"So, if you're called, kindly step forward. *opens the envelope* the first one is Lee MinKyung." he announced.

 

"Wow! It's MinKyung this time. She's really good in singing and dancing!"
"Congratulations MinKyung-ah!" everybody said.

 

"And the second one is….."

 

"Me! Me! Oh pick me!" Rischia prayed and prayed. The place was filled with silence.

 

"Chelsea Mabasa."

Everyone, including Chelsea herself was shocked when she was called. They all looked at her and wondered why she got qualified. Rischia felt sad for herself but she was happy for her bestfriend.

 

"What? Me?" Chelsea's eyes widened.

 

"Unnie! I'm so proud of you! Congratulations!" Rischia hugged her tight and pinched her cheeks.