The beginning of Winter Break

Destiny has a weird way of showing itself

OMG! I'm so sorry I hit writers block bad and this summer has been one thing after another O.O but finally I have this written! Thank you all for reading this far I hope to update more often and thank you for being so patient ^_^ If you're new then please comment and subscribe I love new people and I always love knowing you're reading my story <3 Thank you and have fun reading!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finals week came as slowly as possible and the tests were long and hard. Glancing at Gongchan I could tell he was having troubles on the problems in front of him, Sandeul had problems in History (probably from sleeping too much in class and relying too much on my note taking skills), and even Alice had problems in math when she was taking her final. After our first class ended Baro and Sandeul instantly complained about the test, Gongchan just sighed and Jinyoung seemed confident in his abilities. I felt confident enough that I passed each final and it was finally the last day of school.

“I can’t wait to see the beach!” Sandeul beamed.

“It’s the middle of winter; don’t you think the beach wouldn’t be a good idea?” CNU commented with a chuckle.

“I just want to eat all that delicious food they have there!” Gongchan exclaimed.

“I just don’t want to get lost.” Jinyoung sighed.

“I want to go to Disneyland!” Baro shouted and I agreed along with him and we both smiled at each other before he turned red and looked away.

“Let’s all go to May’s house and play some video games!” Gongchan suggested and practically ran in the direction of my house while the rest of the members looked at each other, shrugged and took off at the same speed Gongchan had. CNU and I were the only ones who decided not to run and we continued to walk and thus the atmosphere became awkward.

I didn’t hate CNU but I really didn’t know him. He took different classes then the rest of the members and was usually the quiet one who just didn’t talk. He had a nice smile and he seemed really gentle, but I never really knew if my assumptions were right or not.

“I hope it snows there.” He sighed and I turned my attention to him. He was actually talking to me! That was a first!

“I don’t remember the last time I saw snow.” I agreed with him and sighed as well. Living in Florida meant no snow and living in California meant no snow. “It snowed once when I visited here as a kid, I don’t remember much from that day though.” I commented absently. All I remembered was it was in the winter of my second grade year and we had visited somewhere in California and it had snowed hard that winter. Everything else was a blur.

“I’ve seen snow back in South Korea but I was too young to really enjoy it.” CNU added; I had forgotten all five of them had come from South Korea. It must have been nice to have friends from the same country as you. That also reminded me of the fact that the five boys I’ve gotten so close to were leaving for South Korea once they graduate.

My house soon came into view and my awkward chat was interrupted by Sandeul and Baro waving at me from the front door, Jinyoung standing beside them with a smile on his lips and Gongchan running at me to give me a hug. Once Gongchan stopped hugging me we all walked into my house and headed for my room. I told Gongchan to get things set up since he knew my layout of the room better than any of my other friends and I walked into the kitchen to tell my parents that they were over.

“I can hear them from across the house honey; of course I knew they were here.” My mom replied and rocked Ashton in her arms as she spoke. My father was sitting at the table eating some sort of snack and was reading a book as well.

“Are you excited for tomorrow May?” He asked and put his book down for a little bit to turn his attention to me.

“Yeah, I’ve never been to L.A. before.” I giggled full of excitement but the excitement suddenly died down when my parents shot each other looks of concern before attempting to smile again and laugh with me. I’ve never been to L.A., right? I know I’ve visited California once before but I was too young to really remember where I went besides the fact that it was winter and it was snowing.

“You shouldn’t be keeping your guests waiting so off with you.” My mom shoo’d me away and laughed nervously once I was out of the kitchen and I just shrugged and walked to my room where Baro, Gongchan and Sandeul were face to face against each other in Super Smash Brothers Brawl and beating each other down with no mercy. CNU was on the floor beside them with the controller close to him and I noticed his character was already eliminated. Jinyoung chose the bed and was laying down and watching the three boys battle to the death over the victory of the match.

“Hey May, come sit by me.” Sandeul said after he noticed me and was kicked off the screen by Baro.

Baro looked up as well and stated, “No with me.” but that gave him an opening and Gongchan smashed him and took one of Baro’s lives.

“Obviously you should sit with the winner of this match.” Gongchan boasted but didn’t take his eyes away from the screen but instead used his free hand to pat the spot next to him. I giggled but chose to not take sides by sitting on my bed alongside Jinyoung. Over the few months of getting to know these boys my crush on Jinyoung never seemed to falter and instead I always seemed like a blushing mess when it came to him talking to me. Sandeul I knew I liked from the start just because of my dear best friend, but I knew not to fall for him because he was not the same person, and last but not least was my awkward relationship with Baro. He seemed to always want to talk to me but it was too early to guess if he liked me or just thought of me as a good friend, and for me I had no clue what my feelings for him were. Luckily for me CNU and Gongchan were not on the list of guys I might or might not like and they remained in the friend zone where they were glad to be in.

“Looks like the leader wins this round.” CNU laughed and I laughed as well and laid next to Jinyoung, hoping he didn’t find it uncomfortable that I wanted to lay next to him in my bed. He seemed fine with it and even moved over a bit to make sure I had enough room, though I would have much preferred being closer to him if it were my choice.

“AND THE WINNER IS….PIT!” Gongchan rose his arms in the air in victory and cheered for himself saying over and over that he knew he was going to win and laughed at Sandeul and Baro for even thinking they stood a chance.

“Yeah yeah whatever Channie, we’ll get you back next time.” Baro commented and stared at his second place with a look of frustration; Sandeul wasn’t any better and was not happy with earning third place.

“Time to switch, Sandeul and CNU hand your controllers over to Jinyoung and May.” Gongchan commanded CNU gave him a look of ‘you better respect your elders’ but still handed the second controller to me while Jinyoung earned the third controller from Sandeul.

The rules were simple, no items, play on Final Destination and you can pick any character you’d like. I chose my top favorite Pit the second Gongchan switched characters to Ike, Baro stayed on his Kirby and Jinyoung picked Link.

The first round I won as Pit and soon enough the second round I won once more with Marth but the next few I earned second place and by the time it was dinner time I was kicked off the game and was watching in the sidelines with CNU who had lost with me.

At the dinner table everyone was talking about the trip and was commenting on how it was tomorrow and how they were already packed and ready to go. The ride was going to take a few hours but it was all worth it and we were going to leave at eight in the morning and be at our hotel by noon. I assured my parents that my hotel room was all to myself and I was not sharing it with any of the boys, they felt at ease at that and seemed excited for my trip hoping for me to have some fun while I was there.

Soon after dinner they left to go to their own houses and I took the extra time to go over everything that I had packed and made sure I had everything I needed for the next week while I spent my time in L.A. for half of winter break.

-------------------------------------------------

In the end I had a hard time sleeping last night and slept only a few good hours before my alarm woke me up and told me to get ready for the day. I took a quick shower, dressed up in the clothes I had set for today and grabbed all of my things. I didn’t want to pack too light but not too heavy either so I gave myself some free room for anything I might buy but also took up enough space in the suitcase with all of my clothes and other necessities. Once I was all set I walked to the stairs and took my time going down with my suitcase close behind me and when I reached the bottom my parents were both there to give me hugs goodbye and telling me sternly to call them every night and when I got there. We said our goodbyes and I was out the door to wait for the van to come pick me up with the boys.

When the blue van pulled up I fixed up my jacket and pulled my suitcase to the back in time for Gongchan to run out and help me put it in the back with the rest of the things.

“Ladies shouldn’t carry heavy items.” Gongchan insisted and I decided not to go against his nice act and let him do the work. It didn’t take long and he walked with me to the door and kept it open for me.

Gongchan had saved me a seat right in the middle next to him and Jinyoung while Baro, Sandeul and CNU sat in the back seat. “Thank you Gongchan.” I smiled and he nodded with a smile and gestured for me to get comfortable.

Before the car started up I looked in the front seat and noticed Jinyoung’s parents looking at me and I smiled and greeted them the best I could to be polite and they seemed pleased at that greeted me back saying it was nice to meet me after hearing about me so much from the boys and after the slightly introduction was complete Jinyoung’s father started up the car and we were soon on the road to Los Angeles.

At first the ride seemed like tons of fun and we laughed and sang and goofed around and played a lot of fun games to keep the time going but after about two hours of games everyone was starting to get bored and do their own thing. In the back CNU had out his iPod and was listening to some music while he leaned against the window, Baro had out a PSP and looked completely focused on whatever he was doing and Sandeul was leaning on the seat in front of him, my seat, and attempted to start random conversations with us in the front.

“Have any of you been to L.A. before?” He asked and finally caught our attention after him being stupid and asking random questions or wanting to play pointless games. Of course he was directing the question to me since he knew Gongchan and Jinyoung’s answer.

“Nope.” I responded and shrugged trying to keep myself from getting too excited or else the rest of the trip was going to be torture.

“Good thing we’re going now then.” He chuckled and I could feel his breath on the back of my neck with him being so close to me. I turned around to face him and saw the huge smile on his face. “I’ve been there once, went to Disneyland and everything!” He boasted and all I did was pout and cross my arms.

“Then maybe Jinyoung shouldn’t have invited you if you’re the only one whose been there.” Jinyoung and Gongchan instantly agreed with me but of course we were all just kidding around.

“It was way back in the winter of my second grade year, before I even really met the rest of B1A4 because my parents wanted me to see some sights before I grew too old for it. I can hardly remember anything that happened when I was there besides the fact that it snowed hard.” Sandeul explained trying to defend himself but we were already laughing about him being defensive and he puffed out his cheeks in frustration but let it slide.

“Well we’ll just make new better memories when we’re here so you can completely forget about the time you went as a kid.” Jinyoung commented and Sandeul agreed getting his smile back and leaning back in his seat with a satisfied look on his face.

The rest of the trip ended up being Gongchan, Jinyoung and I playing around with more silly games on paper that was brought for the occasion and it ended in a drawing contest with Gongchan winning with the best looking stick figure. The judge was CNU since he was neutral to everyone and we all agreed it was all fair, I won second place so I was equally as excited even though I didn’t win first.

It didn’t take much longer until we were in the city and all our eyes were glued to the windows as we weaved through traffic and made it safety to our hotel. The boys were in charge of taking all the luggage to the front desk as Jinyoung’s parents went to pay for the rooms and get them all next to each other.  The hotel was really nice looking and also really tall. While waiting for the boys I ended up counting all the floors and it seemed to be over 20 stories tall with ten windows spread across the hotel which meant every floor had twenty rooms.

When B1A4 finally decided to be serious with the luggage they finally made it inside in time for Jinyoung’s parents to be done with the rooms and held all the room keys in their hands.

“We have a slight problem everyone.” Jinyoung’s mother spoke up holding up two card keys in each of her hands while his father held the same amount. It took me a second to realize what they were referring to.

“We forgot to request for May’s room in advance and all the rooms are full.” His father continued.

“So May has to share a room with one of you for the whole week.” Jinyoung’s mother concluded and my whole week went from comfortable to completely uncomfortable.

I HAVE TO SHARE A ROOM WITH A BOY FOR A WHOLE WEEK?!

“Can I share the room with her?” Sandeul rose his hand with a shy smile on his face. “I promise to be on my best behavior and follow all the rules.”

And now I was sharing a room with the worst possible person—the boy who looks like my imaginary friend.