A Fantastic Rehearsal

Destiny has a weird way of showing itself

Once the sound system was all set up the air in the room seemed lighter as the boys got up and got ready to start singing; they didn’t seem nervous that I was sitting there watching them but rather they looked excited and ready to show me everything they’ve been working for.

Before they were completely ready I managed to ask Gongchan if they were nervous about me being there and if I should leave, he just responded with, “Just stay and watch, we normally don’t let anyone watch us but you’re a special case.”

A special case, it had a nice ring to it and it made me smile just by the thought of it. What made me so special? No clue, but at this moment I was not going to question their judgment on me, instead I was going to watch them and tell them how wonderful they are…that is if they are.

I noticed the light dimming in the room and looked to see Sandeul smirking playfully as if creating an atmosphere for the room before singing. They were discussing something about what they were going to play, but they were all speaking in Korean as to make sure I was not able to understand them. They seemed to settle on a song and Jinyoung went over to his iPod and started the music up.

The music was very soft and when they started singing; I might not have understood what they were singing but by the tone of how they were singing it was definitely a nice song. And then when the chorus of the song came on Sandeul stepped up and walked closer to me, grabbing my hand and singing so softly as if showing me that this song was for me and only me. “I pry no tears in your dreams. I know you’ll fly high in your life.” The rest was in Korean until the very end of the chorus when Sandeul lifted me up, spun me around and sung, “You are the only one.” In English and let go of my hand gently.

The rest of the song I was in a trance staring at each of the members and admiring everything about them from head to toe. They sounded amazing as if they were already professional singers and knew exactly what they were doing. When the song ended I was at a loss for words and ended up hugging each one of them with tears forming in my eyes.

“That was wonderful!” I exclaimed when I got my voice back, “You guys are the best ever, I don’t think I’ve ever heard something more beautiful than what I just heard.” I couldn’t help but compliment them as much as I could; I couldn’t even find the right words to describe how amazing they were.

“Why thank you.” Sandeul bowed playfully with a cute smile on his lips. “I already know your favorite part had to have been the chorus, since yours truly did such a wonderful job.” His playful smile turned into a smirk by the time he was finished talking. To be honest his part was the best part of the song, but there was no way I was going to admit that to him!

“I believe the best parts were all of Jinyoung’s parts.” I retorted, sticking my tongue out at Sandeul and walking over to Jinyoung to give him another hug. “Besides he’s the leader of the band and is the one to help make the songs. It is only right for him to be better.”

Jinyoung blushed at my comment and seemed at a loss of words so he just ended up hugging me back, until Baro grabbed my hand and pulled me into a tight hug.

“What about my rapping, did I do well?” He asked when he finally let me go but continued to hold me at a shoulders length. He was smiling and had the cutest expression on his face.

“You did fantastic.” I replied smiling to match his, but his only got wider when I said that and it was hard to match it as well. All these boys were just so talented and so cute it was hard to keep my eyes off of them.

I looked back at Sandeul and noticed him away from everyone else in the band, from the way his shoulders were slumped down I knew he was sad and was craving attention. How’d I know this? Duh! Sandeul used to do this all the time when he was sad or depressed over something, and I knew exactly how to cheer him up too!

I walked over to him, trying to be as silent as I could, wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder. “You did wonderful Deullie, so wonderful in fact that I am going to treat you to dinner.” It wasn’t until after I did that when I realized that I did something super embarrassing and forgot that this Sandeul wasn’t the one from my childhood!

I couldn’t see his expressions or anything on his face, but he did reply with “That sounds amazing!” In a super happy voice and turned around to show that he was smiling and ended up hugging me back. I was taken aback by this sudden change in attitude and ended up remaining quiet without much else to say.

In the end I promised all of them dinner after they were done rehearsing since they were doing such an amazing job, it was only fair since they let me watch them sing in the first place.

After their first song they switched to other bands to sing along to their songs instead saying they didn’t want to reveal all of their songs to me just yet, I was fine with that and was satisfied with just listening to them sing in the first place.

By the time they were done we were all hungry and ready to go out to eat as a job well done. We ended up going to a nice place that served Asian food since they seemed like in the mood for that kind of food and I liked Asian food as well so it all worked out. They even taught me how to hold a chopstick! We didn’t stay for too long since we all knew we had school the next day and ended up going home after we were done. Gongchan and Baro offered to walk with me to get back to my house; I took their offer since I was still new to the area and didn’t want to get lost on my way home at night. I had to give them my address and we ended up going to a station to ask for directions since they had no clue where it was located. Some help they were.

When we finally reached my house it was already really late and while walking I started to freak out wondering if my parents were going to get mad at me for being out so late. I’ve never been out with friends since I’ve never had friends to be out with, so maybe they’ll be happy to see me with friends, but not so happy when they see all my friends—except Alice are boys.

“Should we you inside?” Baro asked politely as if mimicking how he should act in this kind of situation.

“Of course we should.” Gongchan answered for me, grabbed my hand and walked to the front door and knocked on it before opening the door on the second knock.

It was then that I noticed my parents were not home and the whole house was empty. The car was gone and there was not even a single note anywhere in the house indicating where they could be.

“Where are your parents?” Baro asked after he noticed the same thing, Gongchan looked at both of us and nodded as if silently asking the same question.

“I…don’t know.” I answered truthfully and searched the house a little more before concluding that they were really gone. “Where could they be?”

“I’m going to call my mom; I don’t want you here alone.” Baro said suddenly and walked over to my house phone and picked it up.

I looked at Gongchan for a clue as to what just happened but he just shrugged and we waited patiently for Baro to finish up his phone call.

“It’s settled, I’m staying over here tonight.” Baro stated and looked at us with a confident look. “I don’t want you all alone here when something bad can happen and my mom said it was okay as long as I go to school tomorrow.” He was smiling now and I could see why Jinyoung and the best of B1A4 call him a squirrel because he definitely looked like one now.

“T-Then I’m staying too!” Gongchan piped in and raised his hand awkwardly. “I have to make sure you two don’t do anything suspicious.” He winked at both of us which caused me to blush at just the thought of being alone with Baro. But being alone with Baro and Gongchan wasn’t exactly the helpful situation I was looking forward to hearing.

Now what are my parents going to think when they get home…if they do that is.