White's Day

Destiny has a weird way of showing itself

“I don’t care.”

“But Gongchan—“

“I said I don’t care!” Gongchan shouted looking at the rest of B1A4 with a look of anger across his face. “I know they’re going out and I know I shouldn’t get involved like I am, but I’m her best friend and I want to celebrate this day with her as well as everyone else.” He crossed his arms and then turned to me in hopes for me to agree with him.

I remained speechless as Sandeul stepped up and sighed. “Fine, but I do want some time alone with her.”

Gongchan kept that same angry look on his face and turned to Sandeul now. “I don’t know.”

The current situation was simple yet complicated. White’s day was closely approaching and most of the group had said that since Sandeul and I are officially going out that we should have a day to ourselves for that day. Gongchan was not happy about it regardless that Sandeul was one of his best friends.

“Come on we only have until early June before we leave and I want to spend as much time with her as possible.” Sandeul pleaded and s an arm around my waist to show his sincere wishes to be with me. I thought it was cute, but I could tell it was really irritating Gongchan the most.

“Guys this is pointless if we start fighting now we’ll get nothing done.” Jinyoung sighed placing a hand on his forehead in irritation. This was supposed to be a fun weekend where we all hung out and everyone was already arguing with each other.

“Don’t I have a say in this situation?” I finally spoke up making both Gongchan and Sandeul look at me with their full attention. It felt weird that this many people cared for me when I was so used to only one person—who didn’t even exist to other people.

“Well May then what do you think we should do, and does this change our plans for Black day as well?” Gongchan asked first and stepping forward towards me.

Sandeul nodded but remained silent for my response. CNU, Baro and Jinyoung just remained seated where they were in Jinyoung’s couch since we were all at his house at the moment.

“Look I know you—“ I looked at Sandeul, “—want to hang out with me a lot for White’s Day, but Gongchan is right in the sense that we don’t have much time left until you all leave and I want to spend time with everyone.” I explained now looking at Gongchan as well. Gongchan smiled at me and I smiled back before continuing. “Also I know it technically is against the rules of the day I still want to spend Black day with everyone, but on the subject of March 14th coming up fast I say we spend most of the day together and at some point allow me to spend some time with Sandeul alone.” I finished and nodded hoping that everyone would agree with my suggestions. Gongchan still looked a little sad but nodded to my reasoning and Sandeul seemed fine with it as well.

“Finally.” Baro breathed out. CNU nodded in agreement which made me sad that I was already causing arguments in the group. I didn’t mean to make the other members mad at each other.

---------------------

After a long day of hanging out it was getting late and time for me to head home before my parents got worried. With White’s day coming up very quickly I understood why they were talking about it now but for some reason I was not looking forward to Monday.

“I think I’m going to go now.” I spoke up looking at four very focused boys playing a game on Jinyoung’s TV in his room. The only person who was not playing something was the one who had lost in the last round, which happened to be Gongchan.

“Oh I’ll take you!” Sandeul and Gongchan both spoke up at the same time but since Sandeul was playing the game Gongchan took this chance to stand up and stand next to me.

“I’ll take her since you’re busy with your game. I’ll be back, okay?” He smiled and Sandeul couldn’t say much since he was in the middle of something and all.

“Okay?” I questioned but I decided to just let him take me home since he would be sad if I said anything but yes.

“Good.” He smiled, grabbed my hand and walked right out the door into the chilly night, though really it wasn’t too cold for winter since California was known for not getting too cold. And with Spring coming up fast the nights continued to get warmer and warmer.

After walking in silence for about five minutes Gongchan finally let go of my hand and started walking a little bit ahead of me. “May.” He spoke but didn’t turn around to face me.

“Yes?” I asked looking right into the back of his head.

“I love the fact that you want to learn Korean from us, and I am absolutely thrilled that you want to come with us to Korea once you’re done with college.” Gongchan didn’t sound too happy when he spoke so I waited for him to continue with the main point of the conversation. “But we’re going to be idols, you know that right? Idols aren’t allowed to date, or even to see girls on most days. We’ll be spending our time working on our songs, shows and anything they want us to do. Are you sure you want to deal with that stress knowing that Sandeul can’t even speak of your existence?”

Come to think of it he was completely right, but I didn’t want to believe he was right; I wanted to believe that everything would work out. I wanted to believe that when I went to Korea he would be allowed to see me and date me without people absolutely hating me for taking away their favorite idol.

“But that’s only when you guys first start right? I mean you should be allowed to date once your all settled into the company, right?” I responded hoping for him to turn around and smile saying everything will be fine as long as I love Sandeul. I wanted so desperately for him to just tell me everything was going to be alright.

“Actually sometimes that takes years and I’m not talking about one or two, sometimes six or seven. And after that the companies usually want you dating someone in a company for more popularity in the business.” Gongchan still remained in front of me so I couldn’t tell what the look on his face was, but the sound of his voice showed he was not happy at all.

“Are you trying to tell me that being with Sandeul is a bad idea? That I shouldn’t go to Korea just for him, but for myself?” I didn’t want to believe it, but I knew he was right. Why would the company want Sandeul dating anyone but a girl who was also a star, someone who the fans could hate on but not touch. If I were to be his girlfriend out in the public then it would cause problems for me if people loved him so much that they’d want to hurt me.

But I still wanted to go; I still wanted to be with Sandeul even if the world was against it. I’ve loved him for years now and he loved me for basically the same amount of time. I didn’t want to lose him again after losing my imaginary friend when I moved.

“I’m just saying that going there isn’t going to be a walk in the park like you might think. I want to be best friends with you like we are now, but even our friendship if looked upon in other eyes could be seen as a relationship which would not only put me in danger but you as well. Fans are mean these days and they will do anything to hurt a girl who has a connection with an idol.”

“Well at least I have some time before I make my final decision.” Was my last comment before we finally reached my house and said goodbye. He looked serious when he finally looked at me but he finally smiled and waved goodbye.

“I’ll see you on White’s Day; make sure to spend time with all of us, okay?”

“Okay.”

---------------------------

Monday just had to come as fast as it could, of course it would when really I didn’t know what to do with this day. Everyone at school treated this day like it was nothing special, but to B1A4 this meant it was White’s Day which really is only celebrated in Japan and Korea, maybe China too but I wouldn’t know. In the beginning this day was planned for me to spend the day with all five of my friends together and have a ton of fun, but since I officially got together with Sandeul things seemed to want to go differently.

Sandeul wanted to hang out with me, Gongchan wanted to hang out with me and Baro looked saddened that he barely would be able to see me on this day besides the time I spend with the five of them together. Also with it being a school day it didn’t give us much time to do anything super special since we still had school to attend.

“Happy White’s Day!” Gongchan shouted the second I walked into my homeroom class and ran, faster than Sandeul I might note, and handed me a box of chocolates. Sandeul was close behind with a box even larger than Gongchan’s and if anyone didn’t know my friendship with the two they would immediately think they were both in love with me.

When in reality only one of them was and he was the best boy in the world.

“Thank you.” I smiled and took both of the boxes from the two and walked to my seat to get ready for class. After I got settled down Baro and Jinyoung both walked up to my desk and handed me small boxes of chocolate as well with both of them noting that this was only the start of the paying back from Valentine’s Day. People in class looked at us like we were insane and actually some girls looked like they wanted to murder me with the glares they were giving. Maybe they were mad because they never got a single chocolate from the boys while I did just because I gave them Valentine’s chocolate instead of them giving me some on that day.

I really didn’t want to make a huge scene at school about this day so I kept it quiet and properly thanked the boys after school ended when we all got together. Baro and CNU were discussing places we could go for the day, Sandeul stayed by my side and immediately held my hand and Gongchan just pouted quietly in the background next to the forever lost Jinyoung.

"We could go out to eat and maybe see a movie together?" CNU suggested mostly on behalf of him being hungry and wanting to see a movie that had just recently come out to theaters.

"That sounds like a good start to our day." Jinyoung agreed along with Baro and soon enough Gongchan and Sandeul liked the idea as well.

"Also since this is for May we're all going to make sure she doesn't even open her wallet, okay?" Baro reminded the other boys and they all agreed to it immediately. I wasn't too happy about them all paying for me but I guess I didn't have a say in the matter.

So the first thing on the list was to go out somewhere to eat. I'm sure they only suggested this first because they were hungry but I wasn't complaining. We ended up at a small shop that sold a few nice things and allowed us to eat there as well. On the menu they had a good arrangement of foods like hamburgers, chicken, pork and other things.

"I want to get something delicious." Sandeul commented while looking at the menu and noticed something immediately and looked at me.

"What?"

"Look!" He nearly shoved the menu in my face and pointed to a large meal that was meant for two—meant for couples. "We should get this." He smiled brightly and pointed out all the nice things it came with like steak, chicken and some bread as well as a side dish of our choosing.

Gongchan seemed to frown at this but didn't say anything and chose the pork to eat. Baro went with a hamburger, Jinyoung wanted chicken and CNU actually went for the expensive steak.

"I-I guess I can share that with you." I blushed and nodded allowing him to make the order and mention to the waiter that he was going to be paying for the both of us. I just blushed even more and hid my face from the public eye. This was my first time actually having a boyfriend and it was the boy I've loved for this long. It was like a dream come true for me.

After the food was eaten and paid for we rushed out of the small shop and headed in the direction for the movie theater. With it being a school night it meant we weren't allowed to stay out late so we tried to rush in as many activities as possible for this small day.

We reached the theater by 5 in the afternoon and picked the movie CNU had mentioned that he had wanted to see. Gongchan was the one to pay for my ticket and Jinyoung pitched in for some popcorn and drinks for everyone with Baro's help. They looked happy to be spending their money on each other which was strange but I guess they were all really good friends.

Our seating arrangement in the theater was Gongchan on my left and Sandeul on my right with Jinyoung on Gongchan's other side with Baro and CNU next to each other on Sandeul's side. Once the movie started playing Sandeul immediately grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly to show some affection and throughout the whole movie I swear I was blushing.

When the movie finished it was time for the four to leave since it was getting late and it was now the time where I was allowed to spend the rest of the night with Sandeul. Gongchan wasn't happy about it but he still hugged me goodbye and told me that he'll see me first thing in the morning at school.

"So, uh where do you want to go?" I asked Sandeul once it was just the two of us sitting on a bench close to where the theater was.

He smiled at me and nuzzled his head into my shoulder. "I don't care as long as I'm with you."

I blushed even harder than I had the whole day and remained speechless for a whole minute before finally finding my voice once more. "We can just go back to my house and spend some time together there. It's free and warm; you might even get some dinner too." I suggested since my parents most likely would want me back home soon and they wouldn't mind Sandeul coming over as well.

It took a little bit of convincing on my part to have my parents like Sandeul but after they heard the whole story—minus the him leaving for South Korea soon—they accepted him and soon grew to like him.

Just wait until he has to leave me, they won't be so happy then.

"Sounds perfect." He lifted his head and looked at me with that same bright smile. He leaned a bit closer and kissed my forehead before standing up and offering a hand to help me up. One thing I loved about Sandeul was that he could be the most childish boy around but he can also be really sweet and serious when he needs to be. He was always fun to be around and he never had a dull moment in his life.

We walked until we reached the bus stop and waited for the bus to take us back to where I lived. I liked how everyone's house was mostly a walk away or a short bus ride away so it didn't take long for us to reach my neighborhood after the bus ride.

Once home I immediately greeted my family with a smile and went over to pick up my baby brother since I hadn't seen him since yesterday. It still felt weird to have a baby brother and I couldn't wait for him to grow up—even if I planned to go to South Korea after college. I know I'll still have the time to go visit him and my parents when I got time off of work.

"Welcome home May, oh and you brought Sandeul with you?" My mother asked once I had Ashton safely in my arms and cradling him.

"Yeah it's White's Day in Asia and so it's like a different version of Valentine's Day but the boy has to be the one to buy everything." I explained to my mom and walked into the kitchen to see dinner being cooked. My father still remained on the couch in the living room but he still looked up and smiled at me as a greeting.

Sandeul looked like he was out of the loop while he continued to shuffle his feet by the front door. "Come on in Sandeul and get comfortable there is enough food for you too." I smile and walk over to the empty spots of the couch and sat down with Ashton in my lap. My father took this as a 'I want to be alone with my boyfriend' and stood up to join my mom in the kitchen. It was nice that they understood that I needed privacy.

Sandeul quickly sat next to me and looked at Ashton who was still in my lap. Ashton wasn't completely asleep but he was looking around with a drossy look in his eyes.

"Maybe if we get married we could have an adorable baby like him." Sandeul softly spoke with a hint of serious in his tone. I looked at him with an almost shocked look on my face but mostly I was blushing from his comment.

"Y-You want to get married to me?" I stuttered and blushed even more. He just looked up at me with a soft smile and nodded.

"I wouldn't want to be with anyone else." He was being completely serious.  I didn't know how to respond to that but luckily I didn't have to because my mom shouted at that moment that dinner was ready and that we had to eat in the kitchen.

I immediately stood up with that same blush and rushed into the kitchen, placed Ashton in my mom's arms and went to sit down at the table. Sandeul came in afterwards and sat next to me immediately holding my hand when he got comfortable. I couldn't help but continue to think about that comment the whole dinner and tried not to let it show that he had asked me that in front of my parents.

When it was time for him to leave since it was getting late I took the liberty to show him to the door and walk out with him until we reached the front lawn.

"I was being serious before, just so you know." He mentioned the subject once more and held both of my hands. "I know I want to be an idol but being an idol doesn't mean I'm subject to the contract for the rest of my life, so if you wait for me then I'm sure we'll be together."

"I-I—" I looked into his eyes and finally smiled. "I will wait forever for you." He smiled at this and pulled me in for a kiss. His lips will always feel perfect against my own and every time he kisses me I feel like I don't have a care in the world.

"I love you, May." He breathed out when his lips left mine, only hovering over my lips by an inch. He tilted his head so that our foreheads touched.

"I love you too Sandeul." I smile and kiss him once more. "But for now you need to head home."

"Yeah yeah." He sighed and pulled away. "I'll see you tomorrow."

And once he left I went straight to my own and squealed for most of the night. "He wants to marry me!" I shouted into my pillow for what it felt like an hour.

My life couldn't get worse! It didn't matter that he was going to South Korea because I'm going to follow after him and be with him once he's allowed to have a girlfriend! It'll be perfect!

---------------------

HAPPY EARLY VALENTINE'S DAY! Maybe since I've already celebrated Valentine's day I'll celebrate White's day! Yay! I hope everyone enjoyed it! Also a sneak peak into the future of this story is that this one will be ending in less than ten chapters but I'm planning something else for this storyline :)