We are...B1A4!

Destiny has a weird way of showing itself

That light brown hair…those wonderful brown eyes. It was like looking at a dream but the only difference was that it was not a dream it was pure reality and I was frozen by it. I held my things in my arms and stared at him before finally snapping out of it when another boy came out of the classroom and commented on us before either of us had the chance to talk.

“Sandeul do you know her?” He asked in a deep voice, I looked over at him and noticed that he was wearing the normal outfit that the boys wore except his top was ed and anyone could see his undershirt. He had short black hair and dark eyes.

“No, I don’t.” He responded and quickly went next to his friend and before leaving bowed towards me and before I knew it they both were gone.

Did I just miss something? He looked exactly like Sandeul! And had the same name! Coincidence I think not!

“Are you new?” I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at another boy with brown hair.

“Uh yeah, my name is May.” I bowed towards his politeness and he seemed slightly awkward like he didn’t know how to respond to that.

“I’d like to excuse my two friends Baro and Sandeul, my name is Jinyoung.” He introduced and took out his hand for me to shake it. He was so nice and very polite I was just blushing at the thought of holding his hand even for a little. I took his outstretched hand and shook it before letting go and smiling shyly. “It was nice to meet you.” And with that he left and I was all alone again.

I walked into the classroom that they had just left and looked around at my surroundings. It seemed like I was still early and that was probably why those three could leave the classroom like that without any problems. I scanned the room for an empty seat and found one near a boy who was sitting next to a window. I took a deep breath and walked over to him, hoping the seat was empty.

“Hello, may I sit here?” I asked politely, pointing to the desk. He looked up at me and smiled sweetly and just merely nodded without a single word. He seemed nice but really shy.

A few minutes passed as I waited for class to start, I took out my notebook for the class and put the rest in my backpack instead of carrying it around like I was doing earlier and you can see what that brought me.

I noticed the three, Jinyoung, Sandeul and Baro had returned and walked to their seats, but before sitting down Baro made a comment to the boy sitting next to me, “Hey Gongchan trying to get yourself a girlfriend here?” He laughed at his own joke which caused him to get hit by Jinyoung which was followed by an apology to both Gongchan and me.

When class started I was not even properly introduced but rather the teacher just went on with whatever we were learning last and in the end I had to ask Gongchan secretly to borrow his notes to see what we were even learning about. He smiled shyly, still remaining as silent as ever and let me look at his notes. By the end of the class I had grasped some of what we learned but in the end I still had no clue what anything was about and sighed in defeat. I didn’t know switching schools was going to be this hard on me, and I already have to deal with my imaginary friend’s lookalike. This day could not get any worse.

Until I hit my next class and realized my book was missing! “Great…”I sighed and sulked into my desk. What now? How could I have lost my book on the first day of school?

“Do you want to share books, since it seems like you don’t have yours?” A very familiar voice sounded through my head and without thinking or looking at him I responded as if we have been friends for a long time.

“Of course Sandeul, I wouldn’t have it any other way.” My eyes quickly shot open and I stared with shock when I noticed the ‘real’ Sandeul standing beside my desk with a weird expression on his face. “Er—I mean thank you it would be much appreciated.”

He chuckled at my comment, a chuckle I have been so used to for years that just hearing it brought memories into my head by the thousands. I missed him so much, yet he was right there beside me. But that’s not him, he is someone else not the Sandeul I grew up with and loved for so many years. That Sandeul was just a figment of my imagination.

“Mind if I sit next to you then?” He asked and I agreed without a second thought. I had to stop thinking about him, but him being beside me and sitting next to me was not helping my case!

Class started and I turned all of my attention towards the front in hopes of not even noticing the boy sitting next to me. I was doing a great job until I noticed a note beside my hand that was not there before. I glanced at it for a second before picking it up and opening it.

How did you know my nickname? Have we met before?

Great what am I going to say to him? That my imaginary friend since the second grade looks and has the same name as him? Yeah right I wanted to make friends not make myself look like a fool!

I heard it in the hallways before seeing you; I was just assuming that’s all. Sorry, we’ve never met.

Perfect response! I folded the note silently and placed it next to his arm and made sure not to glance at him while he read the note and wrote something down on the paper. I looked towards the teacher in hopes for maybe a chance at learning something but the whole thought of History just bored me to no end. And before I knew it the note was once again beside my hand and I sighed silently before grabbing it and opening it.

You sure? It feels like I’ve met you before but I just can’t place it. Well anyways my name is Lee Jung Hwan, but my friends call me Sandeul so you can too I suppose. Would you like to hang out after school? I can introduce you to the rest of my friends.

Friends…he wants to be friends? I’ve made a friend? With the boy who looks and seems like my imaginary friend? This is great! I can finally make friends; I’ll finally stop being an outcast. But the cost was my own best friend…but I gained a boy who looked just like him. But I can’t forget Sandeul that quickly, never! This Sandeul is nothing compared to MY Sandeul.

Sure, why not! Sounds fun, where you do want to meet after school? Oh and my name is May.

And after that he responded with the Cafeteria and we spent the rest of the class period actually attempting to learn History, which failed by the way.

The rest of the day seemed uneventful and the rest of my classes did not seem to have any of those boys whom I have the chance of being friends with; Gongchan, Baro, Jinyoung and of course Sandeul. He said there was one more member whom didn’t share a class with us who I was also going to meet, his nickname was CNU.

When I reached the cafeteria the first thing I saw was my History book! And in the hands of Gongchan! “H-How’d you find it?” I asked grabbing it from his hands and hugging it as if I actually cared for the book.

“Figures it was Gongchan, that boy loves to cause trouble.” Baro explained while Gongchan just smiled sheepishly and remained fairly silent.

“Watch out for that boy he loves to steal things and never says it was him.” Jinyoung agreed with Baro and put his arm around Gongchan’s shoulder, “but it’s okay we still love him.”

“Of course you guys do, you wouldn’t know what to do without me.” So he speaks! From the sound of his voice it seemed like he didn’t talk much because he was still undergoing puberty, poor guy.

“Yeah because you contribute so much to the band.” Sandeul added sarcastically and nudged Gongchan before looking at me. “These are my friends, you already know most of them but we might as well introduce ourselves properly.”

“I’m Baro the main rapper; blood type B.”

“I’m Jinyoung, the leader and lead singer; blood type A.”

“CNU the oldest and lead rapper; blood type A.”

 “Gongchan the awesome one; blood type A.”

“And last but not least Sandeul the power voice! Blood type A.”

What’s with this ‘blood type’ deal, I don’t get it.

“And together we’re!” They stopped for dramatic effect. “B1A4!” They shouted and started clapping their hands; I looked at them like they were insane.

Yes, of course I’d have the insane ones as my only friends…