Seung Ho is seobang

Because You Never Even Notice...

"Mwoh? I'd be starring again with Seung Ho-ah in a tv series?" Jiyeon asked Core Contents MEdia's CEO.

 

"Neh, you heard it right, young lady. i also had heard about your 'little' secret about our boy," the CEO smiled. Jiyeon blushed as she remembered that scene from the MV.

 

When she excused herself, Eun Jung met her outside the office.

"Ooohhhh~! I've heard that Seung Ho-ah's going to star in a tv series along with you! Chukahae!"

"Neh....I'm kind of nervous, you know? I can't get the scene off my head! And I'm having daydreams of him asking me out."

Eun Jung chuckled. "Wae? Are you really hoping he's 'it'?"

"Ani...i just...i just...oh you know, Eun Jung eonnie! It's school girl fantasy!"

And the two girls decided to go eat snacks together.

 

***

 

"Omo!!!! It's Seung Ho-ah again! I can't wait to see him!" Jiyeon clasped her hands as she saw her crush enter the school building they're going to film thier TV series. She kept pinching herself till her skin turned red. Go Ah Sung (the girl who played Pul-ip) approached her.

"Are you okay? You're skin's all red now..."

Jiyeon smiled. "Neh." But she didn't answer anymore.

Just then, Seung Ho approached her. He looked perplexed. He scratched his head and asked. "Do you have a pencil?"

OMOMOMOMOMOMO??????? Suddenly, Jiyeon's image of a manly Seung Ho was shattered like glass. The Seung Ho she had seen now was acting like an idiot. She smiled and said she didn't have one. Her disappointment really got to her. She sighed and turned her back on a still perplexed Seung Ho.

 

***

And so it was that Jiyeon's role was Na Hyun Jung, a sweet teen-ager whose parents were never home for the most part. an Seung Ho's role is a troubled teen who lives with his grandmother. Both Na Hyun Jung and Hwang Baek Hyun went to Byung Moon HS, a struggling school with students for misfits: hopeless students who cannot even enter college as their  grades are so bad teachers never even care. 

When Atty. KAng Suk Ho was asked to liquidate the school, he decided to give the school a chance, provided that he be given 5 students that he could train and send to Cheon Ha, the most prestigious (fictional) university in South Korea.

Here begins the story of 5 students: Gil Pul-ip, an intelligent girl with a problematic mother; Hong Chan Doo, a boy who wanted to dance but whose father wanted him to study in America; Oh Bong Goo, an obese kid with bullying problems, Na Hyun Jung and Hwang Baek Hyun.  And as the story progresses, one can see that Hyun Jung keeps on hanging on to Baek Hyun to the point of calling him Oppa or her seobang. However, Baek Hyun likes Pul-ip. Chan Doo had always liked Pul-ip even when they were still in prep school. Bong Go was Chan Doo's bestfriend. It was also revealed that Pul-ip kind of liked Baek Hyun too. During the training classes, Hyun Jung and Pul-ip became friends.

 

However, love was never kind to Hyun Jung. She went out one night to give some gifts to her bestie Pul-ip and her seobang Baek Hyun when she saw them at the park. Baek Hyun was about to give Pul-ip a kiss, when she cut the moment and started to run, saying that they still have that grueling test for tomorrow. With this scene, Hyun Jund had concluded that it's Pul-ip Baek Hyun liked and not her.

On both Pul-ip and Hyun Jung's birthday, Chan Doo and Bong Go gave Pul-ip their gifts. When they asked Baek Hyun if he had a gift for her, he said he had already given it to her. This, Hyun Jung heard, but she still remained silent. Nobody knew of her birthday except Atty Kang (a scene later when he talked to her about being energetic on her birthday). When Pul-ip offered her friend to taste the seaweed soup Chan Doo made, she absentmindedly tossed it, prompting her to ask for forgiveness before cutting class.

That night, Baeh Hyun decided to have a talk with Hyun Jung. When the girl revealed to him that he doesn't see her the way she sees him, Baek Hyun revealed that it's not like he didn't like her, but that there's a sense of burden.

"Neo..you liked Pul-ip-ah, yet you didn't see it as a burden," Hyun Jung replied. Bitterness could not be traced in her voice, but you could see that she was clearly hurt.

Baek Hyun tried to refute, but tongue-tied.

"I am strange. I always become other people's burdens, especially to people who are important to me," she continued.

Then she stood up and started to walk away.

"Na Hyun Jung," Bae Hyun called her back.

The girl turned to him and said, "I'm sorry..for ever liking you."

***

 

It was then that Hyun Jung decided to leave school to be on her own. When some girls from her past returned (T-ara's Eun Jung, Boram, Hyomin and Soyeon had cameo roles; I forgot if Qri was there too), they decided to get their revenge. They had Hyun Jung dance in front of everybody and a friend of the girls decided to call Hyun Jung's parents to tell them of their daughter's behavior. However, the so-called eommonie, Ssaem Han Soo Jung (she registered her name as eommonie in Hyun Jung's phone when it was left on the corridor's window sill), decided to help her student, with the help of the principal Jang Ma Ri, of course. 

(We get a flash back scene here. When Hyun Jung was still a new student, it was Baek Hyun who became her first friend. Those were the good times when they still hang out together with no strings attached.)

When a friend told Baek Hyun that Hyun Jung was in trouble, he decided to rescue her, only to be beaten to a pulp by the gangsters in the club. Han Soo Jung-ssi and Jang Ma Ri-ssi also got into trouble trying to save Hyun JUng, But Atty Kang came to the rescue. The two teens were brought to the hospital where they were treated.

The next day, Baek Hyun was discharged. But upon overhearing that Atty Kang wanted to give up the special class because they were hopeless, the teenager decided to go up against the lawyer. Baek Hyun went to the hospital and piggybacked Hyun Jung, carrying her all the way to school just so that they could take the test.

IT was also noted in the next few episodes that since Hyun Jung still feels burdened, she decided to transfer to another school. She had wanted to, no matter how hard the others convinced her to stay.

"Gajima," Baek Hyun said. Because she still loved him, she decided to stay.

SInce after the incident at the club, Baek Hyun had been so nice and kind to Hyun Jung again. 

***

They finally took the entrance exam for Cheon Ha University. Pul-up, Bong Go and Baek Hyun passed. Chan Doo decided not to apply. But Hyun Jung failed. When Baek Hyun tried to comfort her, she feigned pain, saying she was all right. Yet, the look on Baek Hyun's face told her that he knew she wasn't all right and that he wished he could help her. 

Later, while walking back to his hometown, Baek Hyun's mind was filled with memories about a doctor who came to visit the local folks frequently. He was one doctor who didn't see money as everything, yet he saw that everybody's wellness counted more. It was then that Baek Hyun decided he wanted to become a doctor.

Baek Hyun decided to tell Atty Kang that he wanted to enter Tae Pyeong instead of Cheon Ha. The lawyer took this matter so hard, but later, he gave in. It was then revealed that the reason he had them take the special class so that students like Baek Hyun, koltong (bad students), will have a chance to enter prestigious universities and colleges, not so much that they should enter Cheon Ha. It was about making the best out of studying, and using that to their advantage so that the'd be wise to the ways of the world once they graduate.

 

When Baek Hyun was about to go to tae Pyeong to take his entrance exam, he found out that Hyun Jung had already paid for his ticket. She had also bought for him some formal clothes he would wear during the interview. Ssaem Han also went with them too. Here, we can see that Hyun JUng was no longer the lovesick girl who keeps on sticking herself like a leech to Baek Hyun. She was now the mellow girl Baek Hyun had come to appreciate.

(End of Drama)..

 

***

 

"Kamsahamnida! Thanks for your hard work!" The director greeted the cast. Everyone kept greeting everyone too.

Lee Hyun Woo (Chan Doo) approached Jiyeon and gave her a hug. "I'm going to miss you, my best friend!"

Jiyeon laughed. "Neh, me too! I'm going to miss all of you!"

Lee Chan Ho (Bong Goo) patted Jiyeon and Go Ah Sung. "Let's keep in touch with each other, arasseo?"

"Neh!" was the two girls' reply.

Seung Ho was smiling as he watched everyone saying their good byes. He also gave a goodbye greeting to Bae Doo Na-ssi (Ssaem Han) and Kim Soo Ro-ssi (Atty Kang). He waited for everyone to get going. He wanted to talk to Jiyeon personally.

And then he had his chance. Jiyeon was arranging her personal belongings when Seung Ho approached her.

"Yah, you scared me, Seung Ho-ah..."

"Mianhe...I just wanted to give you something..."

Jiyeon's mind was in a rush again. She was wondering what he'll be giving her this time.

"Neh, what is it?"

Seung Ho then held Jiyeon's hand and gave her something. It was a bracelet with hearts and stars as beads.

"Woaaahhh!!! Yeppuda!!! Gomawo, Seung Ho-ah...." the girl gushed.

"Aniyo...Its just my way of thanking you for working hard with me the second time." And he leaned forward and gave Jiyeon a kiss on the cheek. 

Jiyeon was stupefied. She kept blinking her misty, star-fiiled eyes in disbelief. Did he just kiss me, she asked herself. Seung Ho sawed her flushed face. He then held her face with his hands and, moving closer towards her, gave her another kiss on the lips.

"Wake up, Sleeping Beauty. Let's get dinner together, shall we?"

"Neh...~~" was Jiyeon's trance-like reply.