I love you, my friend...

Because You Never Even Notice...

We see a glimpse of what life became for our protagonists eight years from the time the story started. Rian became a Hallyu star. Hae Sung became a director in Broad Way. JB became a producer. Ailee became a recording artist. Hong Joo and Nana performed as a duo. Soon Doon became a celebrity consultant. Seul took her father's positiion at Kirin High. Yoo Jin and Ui Bong became teachers at Kirin.

 

 

When Yoo Jin decided to make a write a play about his and his friends' lives in high school, he decided to contact Shin Hae Sung so that she'd direct the play. Even Rian, Hong Joo, Nana and Si Woo were asked to perform too. Hae Sung's sister, Hae Pong, got a role in the play, albeit just an extra.

And so, they did the play at Kirin, telling the students that nothing is impossible when you dream high. Hae Sung and JB were reunited. SiWoo was still bothering Nana and Hong Joo. And Rian and Yoo Jin's relationship was still unclear to all the viewers.

(A/N: What can you say about their relationship? I'd say they still remained friends, but nothing more was said between them. It was a cliffhanger though. That's the reason we created the g-minor fanfics).

***

The taping had finally ended. So Young hugged Kahi as she shed tears. They had been reunited for this project and now, they'll go separate ways again. Jr kept thanking everyone for giving him and JB a chance to act even before they debut as a duo. Jiyeon hugged So Ra and cried, saying that she'll miss her. JYP thanked the director and everyone for their hard work.

"I'm going to miss you," Jiyeon said as she gave JB a quick hug. The lad could only smile. He knew that Jiyeon would be super busy after the filming it would be a slim chance they'll get to work together again.

Then Seo Joon went to Jiyeon. "I'm gonna miss your childish antics. Thank you so much for your friendship," he thanked his 'seonbae' in acting because he was still a rookie actor. Jiyeon smiled and patted his back.

"Gomawo, Oppa, for being so kind to us too."

Just then, Jin Woon, who happened to be nearby hugging Hyorin, went immediately to Seo Joon and Jiyeon and hurriedly got hold of her hand and held her towards him, giving her a hug. And so, Seo Joon had to go to Hyorin and thank her too.

"Jiyeonnie, I'm really, really, really going to miss you, " Jin Woon said as he whispered to her. He felt happy when Jiyeon hugged him back.

"Gomawo, Jin Woon Oppa, for being such a very nice friend. I reallly didn't excpect us to be this close here at the set. I'm going to miss our moments too..." Jiyeon said. Her heart was beating faster. She liked how Jin Woon looked with his teacher-like mien with his hair arranged like that. He seemed like a different person, but to Jiyeon, he was still that person who made her feel special at the set.

"Yah, could I ask you something, if you don't mind?" He asked as he removed his arm around her. Jiyeon nodded. "What is it?"

"Are you going somewhere else right now? I mean, are you having any tapings with your T-ara members?"

"Ani...actually, I just wanted to go home after this one. I'm so tired, really. Tomorrow, we'll be practicing for our Japanese tour for next week."

Jin Woon tucked a stray piece of hair from Jiyeon's face. The gal smiled as he did that. She always liked it when Jin Woon did that thing to her.

"Can I take you out for a date today? Just the two of us?"

A blush crept from Jiyeon's cheeks. Did he just ask her out? Jin Woon saw the blush and .

"You like me, don't you?"

"Andwe! Why would I like you?" she asked, doing an aegyo pout.

"Because you're blushing..." he said as he smiled. Jiyeon let go of the hug and began to spank him again.

"That's why people say you are the most airheaded person!" she said. Jin Woon grimaced in pain. Jiyeon could be so violent sometimes.

"Ohhhhh..the lovebirds are at it again!" Jr teased them both. The others began teasing them too, for which Jiyeon and Jin Woon vehemently denied anything going on between them.

***

"Ahhhhh...foooooooddd!!!! Gomawo! You're really the best, Oppa!"

"Anything, just for my princess."

"Yah, are you being sarcastic now?"

"Ani, I meant it well..you really are my princess. Now help yourself and eat," Jin Woon said as he handed her some kimchi and began eating too.

Jiyeon ate like there was no tomorrow. And she kept on squealing, always giving Jin Woon the thumbs up sign, saying she really loved the food.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJO3ROT-A4E&ob=av2e

They didn't mind the noisy crowd in the restaurant at all. Some guys were singing a British song that was playing on the radio. Jin Woon suddenly stopped and began to observe Jiyeon silently. He just wanted to tell her now, no matter how unromantic the place is. He had known Jiyeon long enough for him to say she didn't care where a place to be mushy is, as long as she is happy with the person she is with.

 

Jiyeon suddenly stopped chewing her food. "Wae?" The look on his eyes just conveyed something. She just didn't know what that was. Jin Woon suddenly gave her a shock when he stood up and danced in front of her. The other customers looked at him with shock as he sang the song's chorus.

 

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed
the way you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell
You don't know
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful!
If only you saw what I could see
you'd understand why I want you so desperatley
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe
You don't know
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful!
Oh oh
That's what makes you beautiful!"

The audience clapped their hands. Jiyeon became embarrassed at the scene. She urged Jin Woon to sit down and resume eating.

"You're embarrassing me in front of all these people!"

"Mianhe..I guess news about us will spread tomorrow, right?"

Jiyeon chuckled. "It reminded me of IU-ah and Woo Young Oppa during their Dream High Days. It was rumored that they dated, which both confirmed. Ahahaha..it's a repeat, don't you think?"

Jin Woon smiled. "Shall I take you home after we're done here? I know you're tired."

"Gomawo.." Jiyeon replied.

***

On the way to CCM's building, they were gossiping about the events during the taping.

"I missed everyone already..." Jiyeon gushed.

"Even JB?" asked Jin Woon, but he got a spank on the arm.

"Aish, why would you always tease me to him?" She blushed hard, but Jin Woon didn't see it. Of course, Jiyeon liked JB too. She liked everyone at the set.

"Are you going to miss me too?"

Jiyeon embraced Jin Woon's arm as they continued walking. "Yeah..I'm gonna miss you so much. Are you  going to miss me?"

This question made Jin Woon stop on his tracks. "Neh..I'm going to miss you..a lot...because..."

"Because..what?"

"Because i like you..."

Jiyeon looked at Jin Woon. Now, the answers had suddenly surfaced themselves.

"I've always liked you from the first time I saw you. I wasn't even part of 2AM yet. When we met for MNet years ago, I was disheartened not giving you the rose even if it was just a skit. And I remembered your Hello Baby skit. I had wanted to go to Maden's party and be dad for a day..specifically to be MAvin's 'dad'...and your 'husband'."

Hearing the word husband gave goosebumps to Jiyeon. Of course, she remembered Soyeon and Chang Min talkin about parenthood.

"When I got the part for Dream High 2, never in my dreams did I think that I'll be seeing you again. Chang Min Hyung never revealed to me that he knew you were in it. When we saw each other, I felt like the love I had for you returned all at once. For the first time, going to work was a happy occasion for me. I loved every single minute I saw you, and I cherished every single second we were together.."

"Jin Woon Oppa..."

"When you went around JB or Seo Joon Hyung talking to them too comfortable, I got jealous. I didn't know if you've always noticed my subtle hints. You probably never even noticed why I acted the way I did.."

"Mianhe..I'm probably too dense to unravel such things...I don't want to assume too. But you know what, I did notice everything you've done for me, and I appreciate them. Most of all, I loved it everytime you remove a stray hair from my face," Jiyeon said as she released the embrace and moved towards Jin Woon's ears.

"I especially loved it every time you kiss my forehead.." she whispered, then planted a small peck on his cheeks.She could feel the hot sensation on Jin Woon's cheek. She smiled.

The guy blinked in disbelief. Then he looked at the gal beside him.

"You liked, me, don't you?" he whispered.

"Ne..since the day we met at MNet..."

"Jiyeon-ah.."

Jiyeon smiled. "I fell in love when you tuck that stray piece of hair away from my face in front of your hyung. During the Hello Baby, I was so embarrassed to even go near you. When you came to Mavin and me, I was so happy I thought you'd never notice me. I actually felt bad when you didn't come as promised, but it's okay. At least, I know now how badly you wanted to go and be Mavin's dad. That's so sweet of you."

And so, Jin Woon made Jiyeon face him. He held her face, leaned to her and gave her a soft kiss on her lips. Jiyeon closed her eyes and savored another precious memento. She placed her arms around Jin Woon as they deepened the kiss. When they finally broke it, Jin Woon caressed her face.

"Gaja. It's late. I didn't want your eonnie to worry about you."

"Neh. For taking me home, thank you."

 

 

-fin-