A Dream Fulfilled

Because You Never Even Notice...

"Yah~, Jin Woon-ah, we've heard you're going to star in a TV series eh?" Jo Kwon elbowed his maknae one morning when they were in the practice room.

"Neh. It's a sequel to that popular drama, Dream High. Well, Dream High 2 it is..."

"Do you know the name of the casts who are going to star alongside you?" Chang Min piped in. Seulong was also around the area, listening. He could feel like Chang Min had known who would be in the new drama.

"Say, by chance, do YOU know who are going to be in it?" Seulong asked Chang Min.

"I do," was Chang MIn's reply.

"Jjinja? Yah,hyung, can you reveal it to us?" Jin Woon was suddenly excited. He took a long look at his hyung, who kept blinking and kept shifting his gaze from the window and back to the maknae.

"Aniyo! It's for you to find out who they are! And besides, I'd be dead meat if I reveal it any sooner yet Mr. JYP had someone else in mind!"

Jo Kwon scratched his head. "Aish, you are no fun at all! Let's just have breakfast anyway. I'm starving."

 

***

"Chukahae, Jiyeonie!!!!" Eun Jung said as she hugged T-ara's maknae.

"Eh? For what is that?"

"Didn't you hear? You've been chosen among the many idols to play a role in Dream High 2! Ahhhhhh!!!! You're following in my footsteps! I'm so super proud of you!"

Jiyeon smiled. She had adored Dream High, and being the one among the many chosen for a part in Dream High 2 was a dream come true. She had always cheered for her chingu IU. Although Jiyeon and Woo Young had been together on a project, Jiyeon thought that the guy looked good when paired with her bestfriend IU. And Jiyeon loved the sountrack too. She kept singing the Winter Child, to Eun Jung's annoyance one day.

"I wish IU would still be in it. I wanted to play her best friend too!"

"Aish, Jiyeonie, I guess that won't happen. But wouldn't it be exciting if all of you will meet at the press conference?" Eun Jung asked, winking. Jiyeon tilted her head. She couldn't understand why her eonnie had given her a wink.

"Omo, by chance, do you know who are going to be my co-stars?"

"Ani," Eun Jung lied, "But it will definitely give you a shock. I've heard that Mr. JYP will have his rookie talents star in it too."

" Arrasseo..."

 

***

Then all the members of the cast got called one Wednesday afternoon for  introduction and for a photoshoot. Park Jin Young -ssi, accompanied by his rookies JB and Jr., arrived earlier than others. Then in came Park Seo Joon, Yoo So Young, Park Kahi, Kang So Ra, Jung Yeon Joo, and Kim Ji Soo. Ailee and Jiyeon arrived a little later.

JB was lazily watching his new co-workers. Jr was still talking to JYP about somethings, and JB wasn't at all interested. When he saw Jiyeon come in, he felt like his heart fluttered.

I can't believe I'll be filming with her? Omo! I must be one lucky guy!

Jiyeon greeted her co-stars when suddenly, JB went up to her an introduced himself.

"Ah! You must be Park Jin Young-ssi's protégé!"

"N..neh...Jr and I are..." JB said, blushing.

Jiyeon then went around and greeted her other colleagues.

"Jwesonghamnida!" Two voices in unison cut off everyone's banter. When they all turned to the source of the voice, they saw Hyorin and Jung Jin Woon together.

Jiyeon's eyes suddenly widened in disbelief. She could see the shock too in Jin Woon's eyes.

"Omo, Jung Jin Woon-ssi! An yeong hasaeyo!" Jiyeon said as she came to him and greeted him.

"Jiyeon knew this guy?" JB asked himself, quite disappointed.

"Anyeong hasaeyo, Jiyeon-ssi," Jin Woon returned the greeting with a very big smile. He felt silly smiling. It's just that somehow, his hyung never told him that he'd star with Jiyeon again.  He could feel his stomach tingle with excitement. And now, he felt very awkward talking to her.

"Oh, are you Ailee? Wheesung-ssi's protégé?" Jin Woon suddenly saw Ailee who was talking to JB. "An yeong hasaeyo."

"Well, hello there, " Ailee greeted as she extended a hand. Since she's a Korean-American, part of her seemed to forget that she needs to bow instead of doing the handshake. But Jin Woon didn't mind. He took her hand too and returned the greeting.

***

The idols then put on the Kirin school uniform. Kang Sora pranced around like a school girl as Jiyeon chuckled.

"I miss going to school," Jiyeon confessed.

"Geurae? I bet you missed your friends too," So Ra commented. So Young, Hyorin, Ailee and Yeon Joo joined in the conversation.

On the other side of the room, the guys were having their own discussion.

"I can't believe we have Park Jiyeon here with us," Seo Joon commented.

"Neh. I thought she was a snob. But she's very friendly," answered Jr.

"And she's very beautiful too.." finished Jin Woon.

JB looked at Jin Woon in spite. He seemed jealous that another guy had taken notice of  Goddess Jiyeon's beauty.

"I've read that her role is going to be very y," Ji Soo also joined them.

"Well, she's been into many roles already. I think she can pull this one too," Seo Joon said.

After talking about Jiyeon, they began talking about themselves.

 

***

"Apa!!! Aish, my tongue. Hyorin eonnie, can you please give me a number?" Jiyeon asked as she grimaced in pain.

Hyorin looked at her with questioning eyes," Yeol?"

"Yeol? J?" Jiyeon's mind began to pinpoint a name with a J that first got to her mind. "Jin Woon?"

"Wae? You think he might be talking about you?" Hyorin's eyes began to look like she's about to tease Jiyeon. Suddenly, Jiyeon's eyes widened as she tried to deny it. She shook her head, embarrassed. Hyorin chuckled and told Jiyeon not to worry about it.

"Well..it's just...we have been on some projects a few years back, yet I didn't even had the chance to talk with him."

"So? Now this is the time, girl. You're going to be together for how many months. And mind you, please read the script. His role, Jin Yoo Jin, is going to get closer to your Rian in later episodes!"

Jiyeon looked at her script again. She skimmed through pages. First, she saw that Rian was JB's ex girlfriend. Then she's going to be bitter towards Shin Hae Sung. She'll have a misunderstanding with Jin Yoo Jin. And later on, they're going to be bestfriends. Jiyeon's heart skipped a beat. Oh wow, so she and Jin Woon are going to have a pseudo-relationship in the drama. She smiled at the thought of Jin Woon asking her out for real.

"Ehhhh~~~, our Jiyeonie is smiling!" Ailee said as she noticed Jiyeon smiling for no reason at all.

"Well...she just thought of someone today, that's why." Hyorin covered up for Jiyeon.

Ailee gave the T-ara maknae a scrutinizing look. "It must be JB, right?"

Jiyeon's eyes widened in surprise. "Aniya!"

"Jin Woon, then?" So Young asked.

"Seo Joon? Jr.? Ji Soo?" So Ra bantered on. Jiyeon just shook her head. She was too embarrassed to answer. And anyway, she considered all the guys to be her colleagues, and she had to get to know them all. Maybe Jin Woon is not what she think he is. Maybe JB is the one she might like. Or Jr. Or maybe Seo Joon.

"Well...I don't know," she just smiled.