Close Friends?

Because You Never Even Notice...

Excerpt from Dream High 2

After the members for the Super Idol group were chosen, they were told that they were going to debut soon, but still, it was going to bea a competition of who will be chosen as World Star and be given a contract by EMG. Yee Seul became the group's manager. The chosen ones were Ui Bong, Ailee, Hong Joo, Si Woo, Yoo JIn and Rian. In earlier episodes we see JB eliminated because, according to Producer Shin, the latter just wanted to perform with Hae Sung and not concentrate on the contest. At least that was what the producer told Hae Sung anyway.

On the night of their first performance as a group, Rian went about her groupmates congratulating them. She then proceeded to Yoo Jin who was sitting on a chair beside the manager. Rian hit him as she congratulated him too, to which her friend got so annoyed. He began to wonder  whyRian always hit him at the back, at his arms..as if she had began to be comfortable around him.

"Check your mic, say ahhhhh..." Rian said as she played the mic inside Yoo Jin's mouth.

"Arrasseo!"

Ang Rian kept poking Yoo Jin's cheek. Suddenly, Hae Sung and JB came in the dressing room.

"Congrats on your debut!" Hae Sung greeted them. Then JB, quite suspicious between the closeness between Yoo Jin and Rian, asked them.

"What's this? Are you two dating?"

"What?" Rian and Yoo Jin simultaneously replied, quite shocked. Ui Bong and Ailee then began to notice the closeness too.

"He's just ...a close friend!" Rian explained in a raw smile as she smoothed Yoo Jin's hair. Then the guy stood up to show that there was really nothing going on between them. As he was about to put an arm around Rian, she moved aside, thereby prompting him to lose his footing. When he regained his balance, he stood beside Rian and placed and arm around her. 

"We're a little closer than that..that kind of friends?" He explained, smiling.

***

Jiyeon was adding make-up on her face when she heard voices outside the dressing room so she decided to peek. To her amazement, it was Jin Woon and JB talking. They weren't talking about someone else, they were talking about her! She became so interested she tried her best not to be caught eavesdropping.

"Are you and Jiyeon-ah dating?" JB asked. Jin Woon looked at him in shock.

"Mwoh? Me and Jiyeon-ah dating?"

"Neh, because it seems the two of you had been so comfortable with each other since the beginning of the filming."

Jin Woon placed and arm around JB. "Neo..are you jealous? Ani, we're not dating. Don't confuse our characters with reality, ara? You see, Jiyeon-ah and I had been in some programs before, so we tend to be closer to each other than you two guys are. Are you planning to ask her out?"

JB looked at his hyung and let go of the arm around him. Jiyeon was amused. Bromance?

"I was planning to, hyung. But I don't think her agency permit dating among its talents." JB explained. Jiyeon slapped her face. Of course, CCM allows dating. It's the schedule that does not permit them to.

Jin Woon smiled. He wanted to ask Jiyeon too, but he guessed Jiyeon must had liked JB. However, he can feel that Jiyeon feels comfortable around him than around JB. And there's Park Seo Joon. Although Si Woo liked Nana, Seo Joon liked Jiyeon too. He even thought that Jr might too, but the latter never revealed anything, nor was he interested in her either. So, there'll be three of us then, he thought.

Jin Woon patted JB's shoulder before heading back to the gym. "May the best man win," he added.