Reminiscing, and realizing

It started with...A Lie {completed}

“You know, the stocks are expected to rise [blah][blah][blah].” I swear I’m gonna fall asleep.
Hell. I wonder who actually is listening to her. Her referring to my mother.
I glanced around, Jaejoong had already made an excuse to go back to his room. And Chelsea is struggling to keep herself awake. Putting on her best fake smile all the while.
I can’t help but chuckle deeply to myself upon seeing her dreamy expression.
Her eyelids were practically half-closed, and yet, she was still smiling dreamingly.
I stared at her as an escape from my mom’s boring lecture. At least her expressions were more interesting.
My mom’s clearing of jolted Chelsea awake.
She blinked her eyes a couple of times, trying to shake her sleepyness away.
Then she caught me staring at her. 
“What?” Her eyes asked.
“Nothing.” I mouthed, chuckling once more.
“This girl is so adorable.” I caught myself mumbling.
“Wait. She ditched me for her whoever sunbae.” I thought to myself grimly.
But my frown didn’t stay there for long before it turned into a lopsided grin.
I saw Chelsea nodding her head sleepily, and my mom thought she was answering to her questions.
“Mom. Mind if I bring Chelsea up to sleep?” I asked.
Before getting a answer, I scooped Chelsea up in a bridal-style, and she hugged me responsively.

~*~

“Arron. Arron ah.” I heard Chelsea whisper.
“What?” I answered, with a purpose hint of irritation in my tone as I pushed her away. I thought she had awaken, and I won’t want her to think I cared about her, hence carrying her here.
“Don’t leave me!” She cried, grabbing my hand and then placing on her heart.
“Don’t leave me, Arron.” She cried, more softly this time, when she decided I wasn’t leaving her.
Then I caught her tear escaping.
“Chelsea. Chelsea. Don’t cry. I’m not leaving you.” I pleaded.
“I love you, 我愛你, Je t’aime, Ti Amo, Sarang Hae, Ai Shi Teru, Arron Yan.” She whispered, followed by more tears streaming down her face.
I cried along with her as I realized she was using our special way of saying “I love you”. 
.
.
.
“Arron.”
“Yeah?”
“I love you.”
I smile and nodded knowingly.
Glad that she felt the same way I do.
“Ai Shi Teru.” I replied.
“Ti Amo.”
“Sarang Hae.”
“我愛你.”
“…I dunno anymore.” I answered.
A tiny smile slipped out of her perfect face, making it even more perfect.
“Let’s make it our special way of saying “I love you”, okay?” And her smile broke into a bigger grin.
My heart warmed up. At that time, I thought I was the luckiest man on earth to have Chelsea as my girlfriend.
“Of course.” I murmured softly, before moving forward to feel her warm, luscious lips on mine.
.
.
.
“Chelsea.” I mumbled, yearning for her, reminiscing the times we spent, the memories we shared.
“Did it matter that much?” I asked myself for the millionth time.
“Arron…” She whispered once more.
“No it doesn’t.” I finally realized, acknowledging the ache in my heart when I saw her like that.
It never did matter. Except my pride.
“I’m sorry, Chelsea.” I apologized sincerely as I caressed her face with my hands, wiping her tears away.

It might have just been an ordinary night. But looking at Chelsea, realizing that she has been hurting because of him, nothing matters more than her to him now. Perhaps only in this small quiet room, where he can think to himself without distractions, he could admit to his feelings.

~*~

“Argh. Where am I?” I thought, looking around to look for a answer.
I only remembered that I was listening to Arron’s Mom’s long, boring speech about stocks, or something.
“Na, can I meet you tomorrow? At our place.”
I heard someone talking over the phone at... I looked around to find where the voice came from.
The balcony. 
And the voice belongs to…Arron.
He was leaning over the railings of the balcony, staring at the stars up above the sky.
.
.
.
“Arron, what do you wna be when you grow up?” I asked.
I was in his arms, and he was seated on a loveseat at my balcony.
“Hmm…” He buried his face in my hair as he thought about it.
“So, what?” I nudged him when I got no response.
“A singer. Or…a Astronomer.” Came the reply.
I felt his hot breath on my face, and I blushed uncontrollably.
“Why is your face red?” He asked concernedly.
“Why do you wna be a Astronomer?” I asked, changing the subject.
“Because I like the star.” He replied, smiling dreamily, “I think stars are the most beautiful object. Other than you, of course.” He added playfully.
.
.
.
“So, Na, I’ll see you at our place tomorrow, about…5pm?”
“Don’t be late.” He said, his lips forming a smile.
“Bye.” He answered sweetly to the receiver. Then he closed his phone shut.
Was he talking to the girl that he said I love you to that day? He didn’t answer me as to whether he has a girlfriend. Could she be his girlfriend? He sounded so sweet…and where is ‘our place?’
“Chelsea. You’re jealous.” My brain told me as it decoded the feeling I felt.
I felt the bed sink with Arron’s weight.
“Goodnight.” He whispered.
Does he know I’m awake? I guess not.
Taking advantage of his unknowingness, I grabbed his arm, hugging it closely to me.
I felt it stiffen. And I debated whether or not I should let it go.
He relaxed after a little while and came over to hug me.

 And I fell asleep cradled in his arms.