Betrayal-Arron's POV

It started with...A Lie {completed}

Chapter notes: A horribly short chapter just to clear things up, because my darling Arron can't be the betrayal! LOL. :D. I'll post the next chapter up asap, i promise. :D And thanks to those who've commented. *bows*

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

“Herena. The reason I asked you out today is because…I wanted a break up.” My voice got softer as I reached the end.
I looked down, and saw Herena biting her lower lip uncertainly as I waited for her reaction.
“I knew this would happen. All the while, I was preparing for it. But yet, when this actually happens, I don’t know how to respond…” She mumbled.
I felt guilty. Is breakup the right decision?
Yes, I decided. Seeing Chelsea’s heartbreak made me think through all that I had done. All the hurt that I had made her gone through.
“Will you let me kiss you one last time?” She asked, “It’ll just be a goodbye kiss. I won’t tell Chelsea anything about our relationship.”
I nodded.
I closed my eyes, letting her take the initiative. I felt her warm breath on my lips, so I took it as a cue to move forward.
Just then, all of a sudden a loud shriek could be heard.
“B*tch.” I heard. And my eyes fluttered open.
Chelsea. It was Chelsea.
I stared at her helplessly, shock written on my face.
Her eyes caught mine, and it was filled with hurt and betrayal.
And then I realized. What she saw just now, and what it would lead to her thinking.
“Chelsea. Chelsea. Listen to me.” I pleaded, grabbing her arms to stop her from leaving.
I wanted her to listen. I needed her to listen. I don’t want her to be hurt.
“Listen, please. Listen, Chelsea. It’s not…we’re not…we’re not what you think!” I heard Herena explain exasperatedly.
I stared longingly at her eyes, pleading her to listen to my explanation.
“Both of you aren’t what I think. You mean, both of you are simply related as my best friend, and my husband? And someone related just like that should kiss!” She choked out, sniffing to control her tears.
She’s using sarcasm to hide her pain. She always does that when she feels unsecured.
“Trust me,” I wanted to say, “I’ll protect you.”
“Don’t cry.” I whispered, “I don’t want you to be hurt.” I doubt she heard it.
She shook both Herena and my arms away, and ran.
My heart ached together with her.
“Go! Chase after her!” Herena urged, pushing me forward.
And then I took flight, all the while screaming her name.

Chelsea is my life. I can’t let her get hurt again because of me.