Final

It started with...A Lie {completed}

“Hello?” I repeated.
Why wasn’t anyone responding?
“Hello? Hello? Anyone there?” I chanted.
And a high-pitched voice came from the other side of the line.
“Chelsea? Chelsea?! What’s wrong?” I screamed into my phone, hoping that she’ll be able to hear me.
“Chelsea? What’s wrong? What happened?” I heard a man say, I could hear the rushing of footsteps, the anxiety, the fear, the worriedness.
Kim Jaejoong.
“I knocked myself.” She muttered.
I could imagine her frowning, rubbing her toes furiously.
“Come. I’ll help you on the bed.”
“Yes please, thanks Jae.”
She’s allowing Jaejoong to help her onto the bed?!
First blow
And she’s being so courteous about it?!
Second blow
I couldn’t stand the fact that I’m hearing everything they do, but I couldn’t see what they are doing.
That’s seriously frustrating.
All I could do is imagine, and imagine.
And imagining isn’t good because my thoughts runs wild.
I set the phone on loudspeaker, and lay[ed] it on my bed.
I turned myself so that I was facing my phone, and strained my ears to hear what’s happening between them.
“Ah. Jaejoong.”
. What is that?
What she…?
“. . . KIM JAEJOONG. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” I screamed into my phone, hoping that I would be heard.
I held on to the phone, and stuck it onto my ear.
“Thanks, Jaejoong. That feels good.”
I jumped up furiously.
“CHELSEA TAN. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN YOU’VE GOT A HUSBAND HERE?!” I yelled.
I started pacing around the room, the phone still beside my ears.
“Thanks Jae. For being here for me. When he wasn’t beside me, you were.”

“Was the he referring to me?” I pondered aloud.
“Of course it is.”
A voice came from behind my back, startling me.
“My dear son. Were you ever behind her? Accompanying her? Have you comforted her when she’s upset? Do you even remember her favorite food? Her favorite colour? Do you?” the voice my mother said, “Have you ever dried her tears? You never did apologize to her when she was upset with you, did you? You were such an inconsiderate fool. An arrogant coward. Wimp. You didn’t dare to tell her that you loved her. Your pride, your face. Does anything matter now? She’s left, with a guy. And only now are you starting to show that you care. When it’s all over. Nothing you do makes a different now. It’s all too late.”
I struggled to take in what my mom said.
My instinctive reflex was to shun it all.
But deep inside, I knew she was right.
I don’t even know she likes strawberry ice-cream.
And what was her favorite colour?
Pink? Blue? Yellow? Green? Orange? Purple?
And, I’ve never seen her cry.

That night, I couldn’t fall asleep.
All I could think of was my mother’s words,
and Chelsea’s face.
Her smile. Her touch. Her kiss. Everything’s gone. She’s left. It’s all too late.

“Arron.” I heard someone call out to me from the other line of the phone.

“I’m not worthy of her.”

With that thought, I closed my phone shut.
“Chelsea Tan. I love you. And I’m sorry.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 

A/N: I'm done with this story/sequel! :D It's sadddd D: . Arron's feeling so miserable now. D: I'll start on my sequel on thurs? Sorry. D: I'll see you guys there! *waves* I really hope you like this (: . I'll probably write a "thank you" chapter on thurs as well. :D Thanks for all the support you guys had given me. *hugs*