Exploring

It started with...A Lie {completed}

Arron’s house was big.
So big that I’ve never explored it fully.
Even when we were dating years ago.
“Another new place.” I smiled, excited about my discovery.
I took a step closer to the room i had just found.
This place was exceptionally quiet,
quiet because the rest of the house was filled with noise.
I haven’t told you, have I?
Arron parents loves kids so much that they decided to sacrifice half their mansion as an orphanage.
You could see children running and playing around almost everywhere in this huge house.

“Only for authorized personnel.”
These four words were hugely and childishly written and pasted onto the door of the room.
“Authorized personnel. How interesting.” I thought, a smile plastered on my face as I thought of the little kids who might have written it.
“This room belongs to Arron hyung. Go in without his permission then you die.” A little boy said as he passed by me, shivering in fear.
“Oh. Thanks!” I replied casually, wondering what Arron did to this little boy that made him so scared of going into this room.
And then he ran away, shouting “Jaron!” who I suppose is his friend.
I looked left, and right,
upon deciding that the coast was clear, I opened the door slowly, afraid that it would squeak.
Surprisingly and luckily for me, the door was silent as I pushed it open.

The room was pitch black, and I fumbled for the torchlight I always kept in my pocket.
“Dang. It isn’t working!” I cursed under my breath as I tried to turn the torchlight on to no avail.
And then, I heard footsteps.
I scrambled frantically, keeping myself as close as I could to the wall, thanking the fact that I was wearing black today.
“I can’t make it tomorrow. Real sorry…” The person spoke, “Love you.”
And then he ended the conversation.
“Strange.” I thought.
I could only hear a pair of footsteps belonging to the same person.
As my eyes got accustomed to the dark, I realized there was another door in this room.
I tiptoed as quietly as I could, and moved to that door, afraid that that person, who I recognized as Arron, might switch on the light anytime.
After all, he was never a fan of darkness.
“Ha-choo~!” Arron sneezed.
And I made use of this opportunity to sneak inside the other room the door was connected to.
“Who’s that!?” I heard Arron shrieked.
He must have saw me moving.
The door of my room opened fiercely with a huge “bang”.
“Who IS that?” Arron repeated.
I remained silent, afraid that I would be caught.
All that could be heard was his breathing, and mine.
Tired of waiting for someone to own up, I heard Arron sigh deeply, and searched for something on the wall.
With a ‘click’, the room became bright.
It was too bright for my liking, and too glaring for my eyes.
I blinked repeatedly, letting my eyes get used to the brightness. And I could see that Arron was doing so as well.
I turned my head, only to realize that this room was actually a toilet.
I cringed further into my hiding position, which is now identified as the bathtub, and held my head in between my knees, hoping that Arron wouldn’t notice me.
“Chelsea.” I heard Arron sigh as he identified me.
I lifted my head sheepishly, and waited for the thrashing and scolding that was supposed to follow after.
“Close your eyes please.” Was all I heard.
Was he being formal with me?
I obeyed immediately, since thrashing and scolding was definitely not on my list.
As though he didn’t trust me, he covered my eyes with his hand, carefully leading me out of the room.
.
.
.
“Close your eyes.”
I looked at his lips as they moved seducingly.
“What do you want?” I replied, feeling annoyed.
He smiled my smile, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to resist.
“Oh fine.” I shut my eyes tightly, resigned.
As he placed his hands on mine, I couldn’t help but enjoy the warmth of his hands, melting my heart at the same time.
.
.
.
“What are you doing? Daydreaming?”
Arron’s voiced snapped me back to reality.
“Nothing.” I said as I shook my head.
Did he really forget everything? The time we spent, the joy we shared.
“Has he forgotten my promise to him? Had he broken his?” I thought, my heart aching deeply with the yearn of Arron’s love.
Once again, I searched his eyes for something, probably a thread of hope, that he misses me, that he still loves me.
“Come on, he already has a girlfriend.” My mind was the only organ in me that acknowledged the conversation I overheard previously.

At night…

I was talking to Herena on MSN using the desktop in our room.
Yes, our room.
“Hey, you free tmr?” The message popped up on my window.
“Of course!” I typed in.
Just as I was about to press enter, a hand took over the keyboard and backspaced my content, replacing it with a “Sorry, but she isn’t free tomorrow.”
I turned around, shocked.
“What are you doing?” I questioned, emphasizing on each and every word.
He knew I hated people to look at my conversation, didn’t he?
I glared at him, waiting impatiently for an answer. He had better ensure that his excuse is satisfactory, or else…

He seemed to realize his mistake, as his gaze on me wavered uncertainly, as though waiting for me to flare up.
“Jaejoong is coming back tomorrow.” He finally replied, upon deciding that I was waiting for his answer.
“Jaejoong’s coming back?!” I repeated.
Arron nodded nonchalantly.
“YES!” Joy erupted from my face as I took in the news.
A pained expression that only appeared when Arron was confused of his emotions formed.
He was debating whether he should remain his nonchalant look, or to laugh at my sudden change in mood and outburst.
I stared at him a moment, raising my eyebrows, and then I started laughing.
“What are you laughing at?” He asked innocently.
“Your pained expression!” I exclaimed as his innocent look and question as it lead to more uncontrollable laughter.
He rolled his eyes, and then, as if unable to control himself, he himself broke into laughter.
It was like the past, when I would start laughing over nothing, and then he would follow for no particular reason.
I continued laughing, enjoying the beautiful moment.

“Arron, do you have a girlfriend?” I finally asked.
“Don’t you remember our rules?” He replied after a long, deep silence.
“Of course. I just wanted to see if you would answer me.” I replied, my voice was filled with sleepiness.
Who and whether he’s dating is none of my business. He has the right to do so, and I must learn to let go. Right?
“Good night.” I whispered out of habit.

 “Sleep tight.” I thought I heard him mumble under his breath. 

 

_______________________________________________

I shall just post all of the chapters till where i stopped at the other fanfic site. :D