36. Precious Treasure and 34. Stars

100 Theme Challenge

More Kibum. I love fluff. so much fluff I could die.

Surprisingly, Kibum hadn't gotten into any trouble, and neither had Minho. All thanks to Dr. Lee. She, apparently, didn't hold it against Minho, since the whole ordeal seemed to have helped Kibum. He was responding better during therapy, and especially group therapy.

Jonghyun and Taemin only had 3 weeks left, and Kibum wasn't about to let them leave without him. That was one of the reasons why he was so motivated to get better. Another reason was definitely Minho. He wanted to get out and be able to go on dates with Minho, without breaking the rules.

Tonight, they were having a night out. A few of the patients were being taken out into the courtyard so that they could have a little campfire. Dr. Lee said they were going to roast marshmallows, make smores, tell stories, sing songs, and gaze at the stars. To Kibum, who had never ever done something like that before, it sounded like fun. 

And Dr. Lee had invited Minho, which was even better. 

So there they were, Jonghyun, Taemin, Kibum, Seunghyun, Jiyong, and Daesung, out in the courtyard in front of the fire, roasting marshmallows. Jiyong was telling some story about this time he had gotten drunk and fallen into a toilet, only to be stuck there for hours until his roommate had found him. Jiyong, apparently, was a recovering alcoholic. He had beaten his roommate during one of his drunken episodes. He seemed to be much better now, happier, and he smiled so much more. 

Minho still hadn't shown up, and Kibum was getting worried. He had promised, two days before, that he would be there. So where was he? 

They had gotten through a whole bag of marshmallows and a few more funny, drunken stories from Jiyong before Minho finally showed up. He was wet from a quick shower, and his hands were bandaged. He gave Kibum a big grin and a quick, inconspicuous kiss on the cheek after he sat down next to him.

"Minho," Kibum started asking, but Minho waved him off, giving a quick thumbs up to signal that he was okay.

"I'm fine. There was a fire while I was on my way here and I needed to be there to help..." He shrugged and smiled apologetically. "Sorry I'm late."

"Don't be sorry. You were out saving lives." Kibum said, grinning. He scooted closer to Minho and pushed a marshmallow onto his stick, roasting it a perfect brown. He blew on it a few times to cool it down and held it up to Minho's mouth. "Say ah."

"Ah," Minho opened his mouth wide and with a grin, ate the treat. Kibum smiled sweetly and continued to cook for Minho.

Jonghyun and Taemin fed each other next to him, shoving sticky, gooey marshmallows into each other's mouths. Jonghyun was so much better with eating, now. He still excercised quite a lot, to keep himself from "getting fat" but he was able to eat more, fattier foods. Taemin seemed so utterly happy that Jonghyun was better. It was sickeningly sweet to watch them interact anymore. They knew they were getting out soon and they were excited like students being let out for the summer. They just couldn't wait. Jonghyun had special plans for their first night out, plans that Taemin was a bit reluctant of, but he knew Jonghyun loved him enough to never ever hurt him...

Dr. Lee put the fire out and they all laid on their backs in the grass, staring up at the stars. They seemed to sparkle, bright and alive, and Kibum had a fleeting feeling that he wanted to be like a star, bright and shining, even in the darkest times. 

Minho stretched out next to him, huddling close to him to keep warm. It was a bit chilly out, and Kibum was cold, but he didn't want to leave Minho's side to go find a blanket. He could wait it out. 

"So what happened?" Kibum asked, taking Minho's bandaged hand in his own. Minho's hand felt hot, smoldering, and Key knew he had been burned.

"I was being stupid," Minho sighed. "They were trying to get inside the windows, but there were metal bars covering them, so I grabbed one... I don't know why I didn't have my gloves on. I was just in a hurry, I guess. It was a dumb move on my part, and now my hands are burnt." Minho winced as he flexed his fingers.

"It hurts?" Kibum asked. Lifting Minho's hand to his face, he kissed the back of his hand lightly. 

"Yeah. It was a pretty severe burn. It's probably worse because I didn't let them treat it right away. I shouldn't have kept going, but you know me..." Minho chuckled. "I'm hot-headed. It was a challenge, and I needed to get through it. I did, and that's what matters. I just need to soak them in an ice bath." 

Kibum wanted so badly to hold Minho's hand, but instead, he let it go, laying it down at Minho's side. He didn't want to cause Minho any pain. Still, he cuddled closer to Minho, wrapping a protective arm around his waist.  "You're a hero, you know."

Minho laughed loudly. "I wouldn't exactly say that..."

"No, you are. You save lives, Minho. You saved me." Kibum lifted his head to look at Minho, smiling sweetly at the man who held his heart. "You're still saving me."

Minho smiled and the sides of his mouth curved up in the way that Kibum loved, and he leaned down to press a kiss to Kibum's forehead. Kibum blushed. "You're precious to me."

"You're precious to me, too." Kibum whispered, burrowing his head in the juncture of Minho's neck. He had been meaning to ask this, ever since they had snuck out a week ago. "Minho?"

"Yeah, Bummie?"

That was the first time Minho had ever called him that, and it did weird things to Kibum. He had to hold back a squeal of delight, and he flailed his legs lightly, trying not to let Minho notice. Minho had noticed, but he didn't say anything. He thought it was cute when Kibum squirmed like that. 

"I was wondering... After I'm out..." Kibum took a deep breath. "W-Would you want to, I dunno, live together? I could get a job and we could buy an apartment, I mean, you don't have to I was just wondering-"

"Kibum," Minho laughed, lifting a bandaged hand to cover his boyfriend's mouth. If only they could be something more... "I would love that."

"You would?" Kibum mumbled from underneath Minho's hand, an octave higher than usual. 

"I was actually already thinking about it." He smiled and kissed Kibum's bright red cheek. "You seem to be able to read my mind, Bummie..." 

"I love you." Kibum confessed, taking Minho's hand in his and pressing it against his own cheek; he closed his eyes, content. 

"I love you too." Minho murmured, pressing his lips to Kibum's in the light of the stars until they were both breathless and wanting more. So much more. "You're everything to me. My precious treasure."