27. Foreign

100 Theme Challenge

some more of the abused Kibum verse. It isn't finished yet, because of lack of inspiration. I hope I can finish it soon.

"Do you like it?" Minho asked, continuing to unpack their bags, hanging shirts in the closet as they spoke. 

Kibum nodded, though he knew Minho wouldn't see it. He threw himself back onto the bed, eyes staring up at the ceiling. "Minho, stop unpacking and sit down."

"I just want to unpack now so we don't have to do it later."

"Come on. Please?"

Minho smiled and laid down next to Kibum, facing the other way. His hand fit perfectly with Kibum's, fingers twisting and entwining together on top of the bed sheets. Kibum smiled to himself. 

"You like it, don't you?" Minho asked once again, smiling brighter when Kibum nodded again, turning his head to the side so that he could look at Minho. 

"I do." 

It was a small apartment, one bedroom, small bathroom, tiny living room and kitchen, but it was nice and it felt so much like home that the moment they had opened the door Kibum hadn't even needed to really see the apartment before he just knew it was perfect. Minho definitely knew what Kibum liked.

Kibum was a bit scared now, being out of the facility... he hadn't been in the real world for a long time, he was being forced to take meds that made him act different than normal, and he would be living with Minho. Alone. 

Kibum was sure Minho wanted some things from him that he wasn't exactly sure he was ready to give. It was too early in their relationship, and... Kibum didn't think he could do something so intimate with Minho, without freaking out, like he was now. Not that he was showing it. He tried to seem calm and stoic, but he could feel his heart beating so rapidly inside his own chest and it scared him.

"What time do you want to have dinner?" Minho asked, sitting up to face Kibum. 

"I don't know. I'm not hungry right now... If you're hungry, I could make you something..."

Minho's eyes lit up. "Make me something?"

Kibum nodded and smiled at Minho's enthusiasm. "What do you want?" 

"Well, we'll have to go buy groceries first..."

Kibum tried to contain his smile. He had daydreamed about it before, actually. Daydreamed about shopping with Minho, Minho holding their carrier while Kibum held his other hand, giggling and laughing and bumping into each other "accidentally." But it still scared him, thinking about even going outside, where people he didn't know roamed and God, that was scary. Kibum knew there was more to the world than just Minho and their friends, but sometimes that was hard to imagine anyone other than themselves...

All of this was so foreign to Kibum. Having people that loved him, just as much as he loved them back... living with a boyfriend, the first and last boyfriend he was sure he would ever have... 

Life was so different, now. He wasn't sure how to handle it all. 

Minho looked down at Kibum, immediately smiling sadly. "I know you're scared."

Kibum blinked up at him, surprised.

"You don't have to be scared though. We'll take all of this slowly, as slowly as possible if it helps make you more comfortable."

"It's not that," Kibum started, sighing at the look on Minho's face. He could tell Minho felt guilty, and he really didn't want that. "It's just... this is all so different. Everything feels so foreign to me. I feel like I've been living a lie, for so long, and now I have everything and I don't know what to do with it all."

Minho smiled and laid back down next to Kibum, moving so that his face was mere centimeters away from Kibum's. "Just breathe deeply," he said, twining his fingers through Kibum's again. "and take in as much as you can. I know it won't be so easy, but Kibum, I'm here for you, whenever you need me. Don't forget that. I know you won't get used to it all at once, so just... breathe. Don't think about anything else but us, right here, and right now."

Kibum felt the corners of his mouth perk up and he laughed along with Minho when Minho's stomach growled. "Come on, let's go."

"Wait," Minho said, pulling Kibum down on top of him after he had started to get up. Kibum squealed slightly and landed unceremoniously on top of Minho, legs tangled with his. Minho laughed. "I love you."

"I love you too," was Kibum's answer, muffled against Minho's lips as they pressed against his.

 

A/N: Ugh I hate it.

So I haven't written anything in a couple weeks and I feel out of practice somehow XD my brain is dead and I have like no ideas... so here, gag and throw some rocks at me, please and thank you.