Anon request from Tumblr

100 Theme Challenge

 

Minho has been in an accident, and has amnesia. Jinki is trying to cover up how sad he truly is, and Jonghyun is just an who loves to make fun of them.

 

Minho laid in the extremely uncomfortable hospital bed, itching to pull the IV out because his hand freaking hurt for some reason, and the IV was only making it worse. He stared up at the ceiling, curling and uncurling his toes, while the man named Jinki stood at the window, pulling dull white curtains back to let the sunlight in. Jinki sighed, looked up at the sky for a moment, then turned back to Minho with a tight smile.

“So, Minho, how are you feeling today?”

“Same as yesterday.” He murmured, pushing a button to make his bed sit up. He had trouble moving by himself since one arm was broken and the other was beaten and bruised. Apparently, he had been in an accident. He had been on a bus late at night, the only passenger thank god, when the bus driver had had a . Thankfully, the bus driver was alright, but Minho had been thrown this way and that as the bus toppled over, thus hitting his head quite a few times. He had 2 concussions plus the broken arm and a few broken ribs. It was stupid. He had woken up, disoriented, only to find some man sleeping on his bed. Well, kind of on his bed. At least, his head was. He had been sleeping with his head on top of his arms, eyes red around the edges and very swollen. 

It had been an odd encounter. Minho didn’t know who Jinki was (he still didn’t) and Jinki, though extremely upset, was glad that Minho was going to be alright. 

Apparently, as Jonghyun had informed him, he was Jinki’s boyfriend. Apparently. Not that he remembered. He didn’t even remember swinging that way.

“Minho, are you hungry? Does anything hurt?” Jinki asked, worry pulling at his features as he walked towards Minho, hands itching to help.

Minho shook his head. “I’m fine. I was just thinking.” 

Jinki nodded and pursed his lips thoughtfully, eyebrows pulling down. “D-Do you… remember anything?”

Minho shook his head once again. “If I remember anything, I’ll tell you. I already said that.”

“I-I know. I’m sorry. I’m just worried.” Jinki sighed, frowning a bit. Minho’s heart thumped painfully in his chest. God, he hated it when Jinki frowned like that. The man looked so downtrodden and it made Minho feel like . 

“Sorry.” Minho mumbled, curling his left hand. The IV just itched so badly. He hated needles, and knowing it was in his skin was driving him crazy.

“What’s wrong?” Jinki asked, and Minho was frowning this time. 

“The IV itches again. I just hate needles.”

“I know,” Jinki laughed. “One time, when we both had to get our flu shots, when the nurse brought the needle towards your arm, you screamed all high-pitched and passed out. Scared the crap out of the nurse, and me, but afterwards neither of us could stop laughing. You felt awful for it, but that just seemed to make it even funnier.” The bright, sunshine-y smile lighting Jinki’s face also made Minho smile, his heart stuttering in his chest. He could tell his subconscious liked this man, though he couldn’t remember him at the moment. “We just need to find a way to distract you from the needle. How about… lunch? Do you want lunch?  Or do you want to watch TV? Should I get a book? I could read to you, since you can’t really hold it. We could try playing a game, but-“

“I know how you can distract him.” Minho’s childhood friend, Jonghyun, walked into the room, a cup of coffee in his hands, mouth curved upwards into an evil smirk. “Just make sure you’re quiet. Might get in trouble with the hospital staff if they find out that you’re f-“

“Oh my god, Jonghyun, shut up.” Jinki hissed, picking up a pillow from one of the chairs and chucking it at him. Jonghyun barked a laugh and threw it right back at Jinki, sticking his tongue out at the man like a child. Jinki rolled his eyes, cheeks flushed bright red. 

A memory flashed in front of Minho’s eyes then, pressing fast and insistent. He had a headache now. He closed his eyes, eyebrows furrowed in pain, and the voices in the room disappeared for a moment.

He saw Jinki, and a bedroom. At least, he figured it was a bedroom because they were kind of lying in a bed. Jinki was pressed against him, apparently, and he was singing quietly to himself, lips moving against Minho’s chest as he sang. Minho sighed and stretched his arms out above his head, wrapping them around Jinki and pulling him closer, sighing in content.

“Forever more, I’ll be the one to love you,” Jinki sang, pressing a kiss against Minho’s chest, singing a bit louder as he moved his way up to Minho’s cheeks, squeezing his face together as he sang, laughing when Minho crossed his eyes. “Good morning.”

“Very good morning.” Minho grunted, crushing Jinki to his chest and Jinki squawked, arms flailing. Minho pressed a kiss against Jinki’s forehead, breathing in the scent of Jinki’s hair. “You know I love it when you wake me up like this.”

“Which is exactly why I wake you up this way every single morning.” Jinki laughed, growling playfully. He nipped at Minho’s collarbone, attempting to wrap his arms around Minho so that he could flip them over. Minho caught on and rolled over so that Jinki was beneath him and pressed a quick kiss to Jinki’s lips, grinning when Jinki chuckled. “I was thinking maybe we could have some morning fun… I’m definitely in the mood.” Jinki winked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively and Minho broke down, laying his head against Jinki’s shoulder as he laughed heartily.

“Mmm, sounds like a good idea, Casanova.” and he pressed a chuckling kiss to Jinki’s lips, once, twice, having a hard time not smiling as Jinki did the same, until they were both wrapped in each other’s arms, giggling and tickling each other, pressing tight-lipped kisses to each other because neither of them could stop smiling. Bright morning light spilled in from a part in the curtains, illuminating their activities. 


Minho looked up at Jinki as though a second hadn’t even passed, eyebrows pulled together thoughtfully. He remembered that that morning had been one of his favorite memories with Jinki. 

Jinki looked down at him, smiling brightly when he realized Minho was looking at him. Minho smiled back, beckoning Jinki towards him. Jinki moved closer, looking curious then, and Minho wrapped his hand around Jinki’s neck and pulled him down for a quick, smiling kiss, and when Jinki pulled back, he looked surprised, and extremely happy. Jonghyun gagged.

“Sing to me.” Minho basically demanded, grinning mischievously. “Sing to me, Casanova.”