65. Horror and 68. Hero

100 Theme Challenge

More Minkey, still Kibum centered 

"Oh, Hyung," Taemin whispered, wrapping his arm around Kibum's waist, trying to comfort him. "What happened?"

"My dad... I told you he beat me, right?" Kibum didn't want to relive it. Relive the horror that his own father had doused his wife in gasoline, lit her on fire, and then tried to burn down the entire house, with them in it. The last time he had heard anything they had told him his father was in jail and his mother was in a medical indused coma for her serious burns. "He... Someone found out. They told on him, and he knew he was going to go to jail... so he beat my mom and covered her in gas and set her on fire... and then left us in the house, to burn with it."

"Sick bastard..." Jonghyun murmured, rubbing his thumb into Kibum's shoulder absentmindedly. It was quite comforting, to Kibum. 

"Hyung..."

Kibum's shoulders trembled a bit, remembering how utterly freaked out he had been afterwards. Though he didn't remember much because of how out of it he had been at the time, his mind had begun making up things on it's own. He had nightmares about being stuck in the basement, pounding on the door, screaming, "Daddy let me out! Please let me out!" He would wake up soaked with sweat, screaming and crying in terror. 

"Who is this?" Jonghyun pointed to the picture, towards the woman on the gurney. Kibum had drawn her face sad and crying, like usual. That's how she had been for a very long time.

"My mom."

Jonghyun nodded and continued to look at the picture. "And this?"

"M-My dad..."

"And who is this?" He pointed towards the picture of Kibum and the firefighter, and Kibum swallowed thickly, nervous.

"M-Me."

"I meant the other guy."

Kibum reached up to scratch the back of his head, arms then immediately crossing over his chest, as if he could hide himself. "T-The fireman that carried me out."

"You didn't draw any other people than your mom, your dad, yourself and the firemen. He must be important."

Kibum nodded. "He is. He saved me."

Taemin watched Kibum's reactions, the way he bit his lip, the way his face turn a cute, bright pink when he blushed. "Was he cute?"

"Minnie!" Jonghyun almost felt like laughing. Of course the kid would ask that. But when he looked down at Kibum and noticed the expression on his face, he understood. "Kibum?"

Kibum didn't know what to say, really. His face had turned red again, but he was frowning, fighting back tears. "I c-can't remember him. I remember his eyes, but that's it. I remember his voice and his arms around me and his eyes, but that's it." Kibum bit and chewed on his bottom lip, feeling angry and frustrated with himself. 

"You like him, don't you?" Taemin asked, his voice sounding quiet and very, very small. When Kibum looked at him, fear evident in his eyes, Taemin smiled sadly. 

"I-I don't."

"It's okay if you do, Hyung," Taemin said, lacing his fingers with Kibum's. He held his hand tightly. "If he's a fireman, he's probably a good man. My mom's boyfriend was an office worker. He was boring."

"Taemin..." Jonghyun sighed, reaching over Kibum to lay his hand on Taemin's knee. Taemin unvoluntarily jerked back. 

"It wasn't my fault. I didn't do anything to make him me. My mom left him alone with me, so that she could go buy groceries for dinner. We were just sitting on the couch, watching TV." Taemin shrugged, and tears started flowing down his cute, chubby, baby cheeks. "I didn't do anything. He asked me if I wanted to play, so I said yes. So he attacked me. I thought he wanted to play a game." Taemin let out a little sob, letting go of Kibum's limp hand to rub at his teary eyes. "I-I didn't know! How was I supposed to know he would d-do that to me?! But mom says it's my fault, my fault for being prettier than her, my fault for making guys like me. I seduced him, she said. I made him do it. My body is too skinny, I'm shaped like a girl. My eyes are too pretty, my lips too pink and plump, she said. I'm a . I'm a disgusting !" Taemin cried harder, wailing into his fists. Jonghyun shot up and wrapped his arms around Taemin, shushing him, trying anything to comfort him while he cried tears of his own. He loved his Taeminnie. 

"You aren't, Minnie, you aren't." He cried silently, laying kisses against Taemin's cheeks. Taemin didn't fight him, like Kibum thought he would. Instead, he grabbed Jonghyun's face and pressed their lips together, and they kissed while they both continued to cry. Kibum felt awkward, sitting there while they had such a special moment.

They stopped a little bit later, Taemin moving so that he could sit on Jonghyun's lap, and Jonghyun held him from behind, laying sweet butterfly kisses against his shoulder and neck.

They watched Kibum for a while, then Taemin, cheeks red and eyes swollen, smiled. "You like him, Hyung?"

Kibum shook his head and looked down at the floor, wringing his hands together. "I-I don't, I swear."

"But you're lying. I know you do." Taemin frowned. 

"No, I don't." Kibum shook his head and bit his lip. He felt like an idiot. Why couldn't he just tell them? 

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you denying it, Hyung?"

"Because!" Kibum exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air in defeat. He sighed and wrapped his arms around himself, pulling his legs up onto the couch, as if he could curl into a ball and hopefully disappear. "I can't like him, I can't. It's wrong. It's wrong."

"Why is it wrong, Hyung?"

"He's a boy and I'm a boy and it's wrong, baby." Kibum shook his head. "It's gross, disgusting. I'm not worthy. I'll just bring him down. It's bad. I shouldn't, he'll hate me and you'll hate me and Jonghyun will hate me. I'll go to hell. I'm already going to hell."

"Kibum, it's not wrong if it's love." Jonghyun said quietly, knowing that what he was saying was affecting Taemin. "Taemin and I love each other. Is it wrong?"

"No, you and Taemin are perfect for each other." Kibum said, rubbing his palms into his cheeks. "It's me. I'm wrong. I'm sick and disgusting. No one will love me, because I'm a disgrace. I'm a ."