52. Deep In Thought and 53. Keeping a Secret

100 Theme Challenge

Another Kibummie...

"So, how are you today, Kibum?" The psychologist asked, tapping her pen against her clipboard with a smile.

Kibum had hated this at first. She made him talk, made him think, made him say things he never wanted to say. But he had come to appreciate it. He liked talking to her about his worries, his troubles, his nightmares. She listened, listened well, and just said all the right things to make it even better.

"I'm getting better, I think." He said quietly, scratching the back of his hand. She smiled encouragingly at him. 'Go on' her look said. "I... I've been thinking about the day of the fire." He really had been. He had never thought so much in his entire life.

She nodded and wrote down a little note, then turned her complete attention to him. It felt nice to know that someone cared. 

"I... I didn't want to say this before, but I... I've been thinking about that man." He was sure she knew who he was talking about. She nodded again. "I'm not sure how I feel, I mean, I know that I shouldn't want to feel this way, but I do..." She shook her head, signaling for him to stop.

"Kibum, you know that it's okay. Don't talk to yourself that way. It's alright to feel things, Kibum, things that other people won't like. It's okay."

He nodded and bit his bottom lip, taking a deep, shuddering breath before he continued. "All I can see is his eyes, and I can't remember anything but his eyes... It's starting to bother me. I know they called him something, something with Min... but I just can't remember."

She looked at him for a moment, before standing up and holding a hand out, motioning for him to stay seated. "I'm going to do something for you. Something I think will help."

He sat there for a while, until he heard her coming footsteps coming back. She walked in front of him and looked at him contemplatively for a moment before she smiled again. "Kibum, I'm going to let you see that firefighter. I want you to tell him the things you told me, about how much of a hero he was to you. You don't have to tell him anything else, but I want you to speak to him, face to face and get over his fear."

Kibum shook his head, eyes wide. No, she couldn't. She couldn't. "He'll be disgusted! He'll hate me!"

"Kibum, I'm not telling you to confess your love for him. I'm telling you to speak with him, show him your graditude, and if you find enough courage, then say something to him. Exchange phone numbers. I will let you talk to him if that happens, alright?" 

Kibum shook his head again. "But-"

"It'll be alright. This is supposed to help you, Kibum. And also, I brought two people here for you to talk to. This is to help you, Kibum, remember that."

She motioned towards the doorway for them to enter, and Kibum was sure his heart was going to burst. She was torturing him. "J-Jonghyun? Taemin?"

They sat down on the couch on either side of him and smiled. "She said that you needed to talk to us. She said this will help you get well faster, Kibum."

He shook his head. "No, you can't, please..."

"Tell them, Kibum. It's alright. It may take time, but it'll be alright."

How was he supposed to get better, when she was torturing him? "I-I can't, please..."

"Hyung, are you okay?" His baby asked, and Kibum turned his head to look at Taemin, who looked very concerned. He was only 15. What was he doing here? He shouldn't be here, his poor baby... "You don't have to tell us."

"Kibum, we're here for you, honest. We want what's best for you." Jonghyun said, wrapping his arm around Kibum's shoulders while Taemin took his hands in his. Kibum fought with himself, for a while, contemplating whether or not he should...

But if he wanted to get better, and get out of here, he needed to. He didn't like keeping things from them.

Taemin and Jonghyun were going to leave him if he didn't get better. Taemin was okay now, and Jonghyun was eating every day. 3 meals a day. He had gained weight, and they were going home soon. 

But where would they be, when Kibum needed them?

He pulled the drawing out of his pocket and handed it to them with trembling hands. 

 

*************

A/N: Kind of confusing, but you'll see next part what it's supposed to mean XD