10. Breathe Again

100 Theme Challenge

Abused Kibum verse. Only a few more to go XD Like 2 actually.

Kibum had another therapy session with Dr. Lee. It could even be his last, with how much he had progressed within the last couple months. Having Minho with him had helped a lot, but Kibum had begun to realize things he had thought were totally wrong before.

One, he realized, his father was a liar. An abusive, disgusting, liar. Kibum was not the disgusting one, his father was. 

That took him forever to accept. It was so far ingrained in his mind that he was he was the sick one, that it had taken an extremely long time for him to accept, even the tiniest bit, that his father was wrong. 

And today, Minho was coming to his appointment. Dr. Lee was going to tell Kibum when he was going to be free.

He and Minho sat, on the very comfortable couch in Dr. Lee's office, attempting not to cuddle incase she came back into the room. She might have been okay with them showing affection, but Kibum wasn't. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable, though he had a hell of a hard time keeping his hands away from Minho.

Once Dr. Lee walked back in, Kibum scooted away from Minho, keeping a safe distance from his boyfriend. His boyfriend.

He loved that a little too much, to be honest. 

"So," She plopped down onto the chair in front of them, sighing as she leaned back into the cushions. "I have an exact date."

"You do?" Minho asked excitedly, reaching his arm around Kibum's shoulders to pull him closer. Kibum's face turned bright red. 

"Kibum turns 18 in 2 weeks. The day he turns 18, they're allowing him to leave." 

"2 weeks?" Kibum couldn't help but pout, though that was a great number. Half a month... 2 weeks... 14 days... It seemed like such a long time. "That's... it's so long."

"You only think it's a long time because you want out so badly." She chuckled. "But really, it's quite short. I was surprised when they decided to let you go that early."

Minho nodded. "This is great. I have enough time to get our apartment ready!"

Kibum stared up at Minho's big eyes, shocked. "W-What? You bought an apartment?"

"I was excited... and I found a good deal. I know you'll love it." He nodded, squeezing Kibum's shoulder.

Kibum just nodded and looked down at his hands. 

"So, down to business." Dr. Lee started, picking her clipboard off of the table in front of her. "Kibum, you've had a really hard time here..." She flipped through the pages quickly, scanning with her eyes. "Multiple panic attacks, bodily harm..." Kibum grimaced. "I just want to ask you this; are you sure you think you're okay enough to leave? Do you think you're healthy enough to leave?"

Minho glanced down at Kibum, curiosity in his eyes, and Kibum chewed on his bottom lip for a moment, thinking. He scratched at his scarred arm absentmindedly, until Minho's hand on his stopped him. He smiled slightly and looked over at Dr. Lee. "I'm sure I'm okay, now. If you had asked me this weeks ago, I would have said I was okay, but I wouldn't have meant it. I'm sure now that I'll be alright... I'll never be able to be the same again, but... there's hope." Kibum chuckled slightly. "I think, after time, I can forgive my dad for doing this to me... I've already forgiven my mom. Most people would think I was insane for even thinking about forgiving him, but... I don't want to hold a grudge." 

"That's very comendable of you, Kibum." Dr. Lee said, smiling brightly at him. "From what I've seen, and how you've progressed, I'm sure you're ready." She tapped her pen against her clipboard, grinning wryly at her next words. "How do you feel, though?"

"I feel like..." Kibum pursed his lips in thought once again. "I feel like... like I can breathe again. Like, this thing has been pressing down on my chest and now that it's gone, I can finally breathe." 

Minho's hand gripped Kibum's tightly, and that action alone made Kibum feel so reassured that yes, he was ready. He could do it. He had Minho, and that was all he needed.

He could finally breathe again.