67. Playing the Melody

100 Theme Challenge

Little bit of cuteness before more Kibum XD Kibum is too sad to write all the time LOL

 

Jinki entered the room, surprised to be hearing the soft melody of a piano, rising and falling so sweetly. He wasn't supposed to be here so soon... He had heard him play this song before, so many times that it was easy to recognize...

He closed the door behind him and smiled, making his way to the piano bench and sitting down. He watched as fingers flew across the keys, building into a crescendo. The melody was so soft, sweet, wonderful... It left Jinki with a feeling of love, commitment, faithfulness...

Jinki smiled down at the keys and when the fingers stopped playing, he began playing a melody of his own. It was beautiful, the way the two songs fit together. 

The door opened again and Jinki's smile fell, only slightly. "Yes?" He asked, looking up at Minho in the doorway.

Minho looked worried. "Hyung... what are you doing here?"

"I'm playing with Jonghyun, why?" Jinki frowned and patted Jonghyun's leg, turning to smile at the boy. He grinned back, leaning in to kiss Jinki's cheek.

"Hyung..." Minho's frown increased. He was so worried about Jinki. "Hyung, why can't you just accept it?"

"Accept what?" Jinki frowned again, but blushed when Jonghyun's fingers laced through his. Jonghyun started to play again, the same song he always played, the song he had written for Jinki. 

"That Jonghyun hyung is..." Minho swallowed and sighed. "He's gone, and he's not coming back."

The piano stopped on a bad note, the sound reverberating throughout the room. Everything was quiet, suddenly. "W-What?"

"He broke up with you ages ago, hyung. He's been gone for a while. And you come here every day, acting like Jonghyun is sitting right beside you like he used to." Minho looked angry. "You're hurting us, hyung. It's time to get over it."

"N-No, Jonghyun is right here, Minho..." Jinki turned to look at Jonghyun, eyes going wide when Jonghyun smiled sadly at him, pecking his cheek one more time before he got up and walked for the door. He stopped in the doorway and looked back at Jinki, tears rolling down his cheek as he mouthed a 'good-bye', and then he was gone. 

He would be back tomorrow.

Jinki started to panic. "Jonghyun, don't leave! Jonghyun!"

Minho sighed and walked towards Jinki, pulling his sobbing figure into his warm embrace. They fell to the floor, Jinki in Minho's lap as he cried.

Jinki needed to get over Jonghyun. It had been more than a year since they had broken up, and Jinki was still so fixated on Jonghyun... Jonghyun, who was never there. Minho was always there. Always. And yet...

"Jonghyun," Jinki sobbed, hands clutching Minho's shirt frantically. "Jonghyun!"

Minho hugged Jinki, as tightly as he could, until he was sure his hyung was done crying. He pulled back and wiped the tears from Jinki's face, crying tears of his own when he noticed Jinki's dazed look again.

Jinki smiled at the figure in the doorway. "Jonghyun."

Jonghyun smiled back, walking to the piano bench and sitting down, motioning for Jinki to join him. Jinki got up and off of Minho, sitting down on the bench next to his love, laying his head on Jonghyun's shoulder as he began to play the melody that Jinki knew so well...

 

LOL I LIED NO HAPPY FLUFFNESS EVER EVER EVERRRRR