91. Drowning

100 Theme Challenge

Drowning in a sea of compliments. 

It should have made him happy. He should have enjoyed the feeling.

But what was there to like, when all of the words were fake?

Sure, he was good looking; handsome to a point. But he could feel that the words were never real, and no one had ever meant what they said. They were only in it, faking friendship, to mess with him. He took it anyway; accepted the compliments with a plastic smile, though everyone else believed it.

His life was a bunch of lies. They were only in it for the fame and the fortune. They wanted their 15 minutes of fame, and they wanted to exploit his money. They didn't hang around him because they actually enjoyed his company; they were only in it for themselves. 

Yet, he pretended he didn't notice. He answered their calls and texts, acted like they were friends, to make it seem like he was truly loved; like he was worth something. Maybe if he lied to himself enough, he would start to believe it was true.

He was drowning in lies, and there was no way for him to get out. Before he knew it, his lungs were failing and his mind was shutting down, until he was no more.

He was just as fake as them.