The Last

100 Theme Challenge

for another competition. I hope you like this.

*********************************************************

 

Baekhyun rolled to his side and groaned softly, stretching his arms out above his head. Sunlight streamed in through the curtains, illuminating the face of the man in his bed next to him. Baekhyun smiled and twisted back around, laying his head against Chanyeol's bare chest to listen to his heartbeat. It thump-thumped inside his chest; a comforting sound that Chanyeol had gotten used to hearing. He dragged his fingers lightly from the tip of Chanyeol's nose to his forehead, which creased in discomfort at the touch. Baekhyun giggled quietly and continued his way across Chanyeol's face, fingertips travelling from his long eyelashes to his plump cheeks and then to his lips, which were creased into a thin line. Baekhyun looked up into Chanyeol's open eyes and smiled, pressing a kiss against Chanyeol's collarbone as he stretched himself out, growling a quiet "good morning" as the bones in his shoulders cracked. His arms made their way around Baekhyun, holding him tightly to his chest as they were suddenly rolling across the bed until they were dangling precariously on the edge, Baekhyun almost screeching for Chanyeol to roll back over, "please oh please oh please!" Chanyeol chuckled and pressed a kiss to Baekhyun's head, rolling them back over so Baekhyun was laying on top of him again, Chanyeol's arm a line down Baekhyun's , causing Baekhyun to sigh, comfortable. They laid still for a while, before Baekhyun suddenly spoke.

"Chanyeollie?" He asked, a nervous tilt to his voice.

"Hmm?" Chanyeol mumbled back, fingers twisting into a knot in Baekhyun's muscle, hoping to massage it away. Baekhyun worked too hard and his muscles were always tense and knotted. That bothered Chanyeol.

"How... how many were there before me?" Baekhyun asked quietly, biting into his bottom lip as he waited. He knew that Chanyeol didn't like talking about past lovers, but Baekhyun had always wanted to know... "You don't have to say their names. I just want to know. How many did you love before me?"

Chanyeol sighed, but nodded, knowing that Baekhyun deserved this much. They had made a deal the night before, to be completely honest with each other at all times, and he knew that Baekhyun needed this. 

"Alright, I'll tell you. I'll call them... who, what, when, where, and why."

Baekhyun snuggled in closer, tapping the fingers of his right hand against Chanyeol's chest as he waited. Chanyeol smiled and kissed Baekhyun's forehead quickly, before closing his eyes, and he drifted into memories of the past.

"Who I loved..." He could picture him, Kai. Plump lips and devious smirks, playful jabs of his elbow and high-fives in the hallways. "was the captain of the soccer team in high school.  He was outrageous and weird and daring, but people loved that about him. He was a good friend and he taught us, and me, a lot. Though, he was in love with someone else..." He remembered Kyungsoo, the band geek that Jongin had always had his eye on, whether he knew it or not. "He taught me what it was like to have such a great friend."

"What I loved... was my first crush. Though he was a lot older, and a lot wiser, I still admired him from afar. He taught us the value of life, and music and how to play a mean Cello." Chanyeol chuckled, remembering their seventh grade music teacher, Mr. Chen he had asked them to call him, who had disappeared later that year. It had been an awkward school year, but whenever he thought about it now, all he could remember were the good things. 

"When I loved... was sophmore year of college. He was an international student, and he was different. He was quiet and reserved, until a certain time of night when he would suddenly turn into a mad man and run around the dorm completely ." Chanyeol had to bite back a laugh, remembering Yixing, his roommate that year. They had experimented a little, but in the end, it had led to nothing. He still hadn't opened his eyes, fearing the look on Baekhyun's face at the mention of his past lovers. Baekhyun was easily jealous. 

"Where I loved... was Canada, when I had studied abroad my senior year. There, I met... someone who had an odd obsession with alpacas." Chanyeol couldn't hold back his laugh at that, feeling Baekhyun's hand still against his chest. His own hand reached for Baekhyun's and intertwined their fingers, bringing Baekhyun's hand up to his lips so that he could press a light kiss against each fingertip. He felt Baekhyun relax then, and he smiled. "He was funny, and completely and utterly insane, but he was amazing. He was my first real boyfriend..." He didn't say the last part out loud, but he spoke it to himself, in his head. His first. The man who had taken his ity. It had been an amazing experience, staying up late at night, legs tangled with Wufan's underneath the covers. Snow fights and ice-skating in the winter. Late night dinner and wine, and chocolate kisses pressed against his spine. 

"Why I loved... was an old friend. After graduating, I had met up with him at a local bar. Each time we met up, he was completely drunk, and crying. I learned later that it was because his fiancee was dying. They had planned on traveling to the United States to get married, when his boyfriend had suddenly become ill, and he was diagnosed with stomach cancer. He died a few months later." Chanyeol shook his head to keep the tears at bay, remembering the night when Luhan had died, and Xiumin had tried to kill himself, just to be with him. Later, when Xiumin had seemed to be getting better, he had hung himself in his apartment, leaving a note for Chanyeol saying that he was sorry. It was too much, not having Luhan with him, and everything reminded him of Luhan, and he just couldn't take it anymore. Xiumin was sorry, but it was Chanyeol who should have been sorry. He should have helped more, should have gotten Xiumin the help he needed... He shook his head once again, ridding him of those thoughts. 

"Wow..." Baekhyun mumbled against Chanyeol's collarbone. "And... how do I fit in with all of that? I seem so boring, so... stupid, compared to the rest..."

Chanyeol sat up quickly, bringing Baekhyun with him. Angrily, he pointed down at his boyfriend, and spoke, his voice oddly calm for the expression on his face. "Don't say that. You didn't let me finish. Baek, don't you see? You're all of them. You're who I loved, what I loved, when I loved, where I loved, and why I loved."

"You're my best friend, who is weird, awkward, insane, wise, and utterly amazing. You taught me to love music, more than I had already. You taught me how to dance, how to feel the rhythm. You taught me how to be crazy, in a much more responsible manner. You have taught me so much more than they ever could. You're not just the last," At that, he heard Baekhyun's breath hitch. "you're the first. You're the only. You've taught me so much more than they ever could. And I love you." 

Suddenly, Chanyeol was on his back, Baekhyun's legs and arms wrapped tightly around him. He squeezed hard, holding back his tears, and then they were rolling again, Baekhyun laughing as Chanyeol yelped, back landing hard against the cold floor. He hissed, but smiled slightly when Baekhyun started pressing kisses against his face, from his forehead to the tip of his nose, to his lips, where they stayed. 

"Thank you." Baekhyun whispered, lips against lips, and Chanyeol smiled once more.