3 New Guy Friends in a Day

Want to Bet on it ?

[Author’s POV]

After the “meeting” of Nicole and Taemin, the rest of the day seemed to be normal but since Nicole changed her look, she started gaining admirers. The day ended like it normally would, go home, study, eat, wash up, and then sleep. Nicole felt at peace knowing she already paid Taemin of what she had owed him. The next day was another simple day, when she woke up, she got ready for school into her new outfit, ate her breakfast, and then left her house to go to school. She met up with her unnies in the morning and then left to get to her class.  As she was seating and waiting for the teacher to start his lecture, one man just sat next her and Nicole didn’t even notice and just proceeded to gather all the materials she needed to take notes.

Then the man suddenly said, “hey cry baby ! what a coincidence we had the same class together.” The man said while crossing both his arms and legs while grinning.

Without looking up, Nicole already found out who the guy was and her eyes grew wide open. After that she made a face that looked like she was really embarrass and just wanted to run away from where she was sitting, all possible thoughts of escaping the room where they both are, quickly entered her head.

“Hey say something! I think this class from now on will be interesting Ms. Cry baby.” The man said letting out a quick laugh with his posture same as before.

“Fine what do you want from me !?” Nicole said as she was getting irritated by the way he is calling her a crybaby and then turned around to see the face of the man who is currently teasing, annoying, and irritating her.

“Nothing just being friendly that’s it. Is it bad to gain a new friend ?” the man said as he turned around to face Nicole, still having the same posture as before. Then that’s when Nicole realized he looked familiar and started quenching her face to remember where she had seen him before and when she found out, her eyes grew so big and automatically opened and then covered it once she realized how she looked.

“You were the one in Taemin’s table yesterday, the one who was laughing while Taemin was talking to me.” Nicole said as she was pointing at him, still shocked as ever.

“Took you long enough.” He said sarcastically with a distressed face and then immediately added, “and stop pointing, don’t you know that’s rude.” He said arrogantly while taking her hand from his face and putting it down to her side.

“aissshhh ! how unlucky am I to have bumped into you both !” Nicole said irritated while he was just there sitting and smiling, happy enough to know that his teasing was actually getting in to her.

“By the way the name is jinki, lee jinki.” Jinki said as he ce again to face her and offered his hand for a hand shake, ignoring what Nicole just said.

“Yea and I’m Nicole.” Nicole said as she smiled half heartedly and was too hesitant to shake hands with Jinki. So he just grabbed her hands and just shook them frantically while smiling.

“See that wasn’t too bad ! I didn’t even bite you !” jinki said as he turned his face In front of the room and then he added, “you know its really weird that I haven’t seen you before when we are in the same class for so long now and I always seem to be very observant with people around me.” jinki said as he had a thinking face on and had his hand clinging onto his chin.

“Stop talking ! the teacher is about to start his lecture and I don’t intend on missing any of important notes.” Nicole quickly said annoyed while jinki on the other hand was just smiling while Nicole was taking notes, still looking in front of the room. So from then on, jinki didn’t utter a single word but instead just sat there looking in front of the room, very similar to a statue. When the class finished, she put everything she took out from her bag then stood up to leave the room to meet up with her unnies leaving just like that without even saying goodbye to her new found “friend”. So jinki just left without saying another word just like what she had wished for. Nicole just headed to the cafeteria and then went straight forward where they usually sat and found her three unnies already there. So she run to their table wondering where jade was.

“hye ju unnie where is jade unnie ?” Nicole asked while she took a sit at the table across from hye ju.

“she texted me saying that she will not be joining us to eat today, she has to write the song for the play.” Hye ju replied while shoving chips in . Nicole just replied, “ohhhhh okei !” nicole said calmly and then stood up to get food from one of the food stand.

Jade was at the auditorium playing on the piano and thinking of various melody that would suit the story of the play. She temporarily had a writers block but then she started on pressing/playing notes on the piano and after awhile those notes then turned into beautiful melody that is pleasing to the ear. It sounded so much like kiss the rain by yiruma since she wasn’t really paying attention to her surroundings, she didn’t hear a man entering the auditorium and was quietly listening to the beautiful song she is playing. Being mesmerized by her charm, he looked like he was possessed by her charm and was just walking slowly towards her and she still didn’t seem to notice due to the fact that she wanted to focus on continuing with the beautiful melody that she is able to produce. But, suddenly the man made a wrong move and suddenly bumped into a gong, which made a loud noise interrupting jade’s focus on writing the perfect song.

The man then said, “I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to do that, its just that I was so mesmerize with your charm that I couldn’t notice where I was going.” He said as he was approaching her with a puppy dogs eyes.

[Jade’s POV]

pssssshhh ! you don’t think I know that that’s the oldest trick in the book. Charm, charm, haha ! as if I don’t know guys like you. He really looks like a player but since I’m in a good mood I’ll play along.

“thank you for those beautiful comments. But what are you doing here? This is close to students who is not going to be in the play.” I said smiling and then I began to get curious as to why he gained keys to the auditorium when only few people are allowed to be in here at such time.

“oh I’m sorry, I’m Minho, Choi Minho and I’m actually one of the staff for the play so you wouldn’t have to hide anything from me. I just came here to get some things but I didn’t know someone was in here so my apologies.” He said as if I will fall into that little trap of his. I mean he said it like he was so kind and innocent but too bad I know a lot about men.

“Oh no its okei, just go get whatever you need and you can go ahead because I can’t concentrate when people are around so I’m sorry.” I said as calmly as I can, but deep inside I was feeling irritated because I already got the melody I wanted to produce but then somehow when I heard that gong I lost concentration once again just because of this pretty boy.

“I’m sorry again and may I know your name please and then I’ll leave after I get your name,” he said as he was begging for my name like a puppy begging for food. But okei I’ll make myself easy to get just so that he can go and I can have my peace of mind once again.

“My name is Jade, Seo Jade.” I said calmly with a smile on my face and then I reached out my hand so that we can share a handshake to commemorate this “new friendship” we have. Not only that but that’s what nice people do when they meet new people and then say nice to meet you but I wont say that because I don’t want to say something I don’t really feel.

Minho then started walking through the door without having anything on his hands, I don’t know if he just forgot that he had to run an errand but not my fault so I just let him leave. I know guys too well and I know he’s a player not because my friend already told me he’s a player but I also got played before so I know them all too well by now. I wont be fool enough to get tricked again. Tssshhh ! I just really hate pretty boys that seems like they own the world and could get everything they want because of their face ! urghhhh ! I’ll just concentrate on the song I’m making, I don’t have time to think about anyone right now.