Girl Talk

Want to Bet on it ?

 

Chapter 4

[Author’s POV]

After Nicole left, the four girls were still suspicious of her action but still went to the restaurant Nicole asked them too. As they were walking to the restaurant they started talking about each other’s life. Getting catch up with what ever they have not discussed with each other.

“I heard that jade is composing a new song for the musical.” Hye ju said as she took a glance at jade.

“hey ! how did you know ? that information is very confidential.” Jade said as she looked at Hye ju with her eyes about to pop out with shock.

“DAEBAKKK !” Yumi said as she gave jade the thumbs up

“I really wonder how you found out about that I heard that the director didn’t want information to leek out before they select the people who are going to be playing the characters in the musical.” Young mi said as she was looking at Hye ju with suspicions.

“well you know everything is easy with a pretty girl like me and gullible guys like them.” Hye ju said looking straight forward with a relaxed expression on her face.

“I bet it was that new student named Jinyoung ! aisssh ! just by looking at his face irritates me !” jade said madly, turning red and looked like smoke was going to come out of her nose.

“how can you say that ? that boy is pretty cute, just a little stupid.” Hye ju said trying to calm down jade

“whatever ! I don’t care about how you got the information but be careful not to tell anyone about it since this musical is very important and this is one method the director is using to get much viewer than expected,” jade said as she warned all of her friends excluding Nicole who was not there at the moment.

“ohhhh raising the student’s anticipation ?” young mi said clarifying the reason for such method

“exactly !” jade said as she snapped her finger while looking at them.

“so the only information that students know is the role of the people that they will be portraying ?” Yumi said wondering why Nicole wanted a specific character.

not really, the students only know the title of the play and I suggested to Nicole that she should play this particular part because I know it would suite her and would be a good beginning for a beginner like her.” jade said as she exposed to everyone that Nicole knew everything.

“aiiishhh ! so you are also the person who chose her song ?” Hye ju asking while trying to fix all the information like a jigsaw puzzle.

“yupp ! aren’t I cool” jade said as she turned around doing an aegyo.

“okei Jade’s news done ! how about you Yumi?” young mi said while pointing at Yumi.

“don’t even start with me ! my parents are getting mad at me ! they said that how can I be the successor when I’m not even qualified to be an employee in our company.” Yumi said, getting irritated as she told the girls her dilemma.

“how can you be the successor when you rarely go to school ! I only see you during breakfast, lunch time, and after school. What the hell are you doing wasting your parents’ money ?” jade said as she had a worried expression on her face.

“yea Yumi ! you should change that habit of yours ! when I was going to class I saw you and instead of going to class I saw you getting out of the building and heading somewhere else.” Hye ju said as she was trying to recall that one day while the other girls were laughing with her haughtiness.

“stalker !” Yumi yelled jokingly at Hye ju

“your lucky enough to get admitted to Seoul university considering your lack abilities, good thing your parents backed you up.” Young mi said to Yumi trying to encourage her to do better in school.

“I didn’t want this in the first place !” Yumi said irritated !

“why not ! all of us will have a job after college and your lucky enough that you wouldn’t have to go through all those resumes and trying to find a job.” Jade said earnestly trying to convince Yumi that this is the best choice for her.

“don’t say that unnie ! I know all of you will be great in your career since I know all of you are very capable ! but I know what you guys said was right so I’ll try even harder from now on.” Yumi said trying to comfort the girls.

“Yumi’s issue end, now its Young mi’s turn !” Hye ju said while pointing at young mi.

“well nothing much, I’ve been called as a model by this one magazine and they wanted me to come to take a look at me and whether they would want me to be the new face of their product.” Young mi said as she was trying to make it seem like it was uninteresting.

“yaaahhh ! daebak !” Hye ju said as she was giving young mi two thumbs up

“when is it ?” Jade asked out of curiosity.

“sometime this month but I don’t know when they are going to start taking pictures.” Young mi said as she was thinking about the time of the audition.

“well we support you and if you ever meet, you know cool, hot guys, you should know what to do !” Yumi said as she was nudging young mi’s arm.

“and don’t you ever forget us when you start being popular with everyone.” Jade said as she was getting sad at the thought of not having young mi with them.

“yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes !” young mi said as if she was answering all of their questions.

“well we just hope you get the part ! yang young mi hwaiting !” Hye ju, Yumi, and Jade all said in unison.

“okei young mi’s issue finished ! last but not least shin Hye ju !” jade said enthusiastically while pointing at Hye ju.

“hmmm nothing really is going on with me. same old same old. Girls try'na hate on me, but they got no on me !” Hye ju said as one of her eyebrow is lifted thinking she’s the boss.

“I bet 100,000 won (~$100) she got is a fight with someone again!” jade said as she was taking money out of her wallet and pointing at Hye ju with a smile. “and not just with someone but the girlfriend of the famous Minhyuk.” Jade added as she had a smirk on her face and then staring at Hye ju who had a bewildered expression plastered at her face.

“what ?” Yumi and young mi said in unison with eyes that are almost about to pop out and mouth that is welcoming any flies to enter.

“yup ! you heard right ! Hye ju got in a fight with Hyuna !” jade said as she was informing the other two girls and applauding jade with how she found out about the rumors that nobody seemed to know about.

“wow ! I knew you were good at finding out things like these but I never thought you were this good ! I now consider you the god of gossip.” Hye ju said as she was smiling at jade. “however for the first time, this was not my fault ! Minhyuk was the first one to approach me and told me that he and Hyuna was done and had nothing to do with each other anymore. So I really think Hyuna deserved the beating I have given her considering the fact that she came at me first.” Hye ju said aggressively and excitedly.

Yumi said as she tapped jade by the shoulder, “so that doesn’t count as a bet since you knew everything already right?” Yumi said as she was face to face with jade and smiling like an angel.

“you stupid I was just kidding !” jade said jokingly and patting Yumi’s hair.

“hey you guys look, we’re already here in Nyam !” young mi said as she tapped jade and Yumi in the shoulders since she was in the middle of them. They all looked up and saw the big billboard that says Nyam restaurant and without hesitation they all went inside and started waiting for Nicole.