They're Back...

Want to Bet on it ?

[Nicole’s POV]

Wheeeew, I finally got rid of Jinki. I did not see him as being pushy but wow you can’t really judge a book by its cover. But I got to say all those little sighs he made in class were really cute, he seemed innocent, almost like a child waiting for his mom to get done at the salon. I shouldn’t even be thinking about that right now. I need to study my lines so I wouldn’t look like a fool in front of everyone later.

 

[Author’s POV]

Then a man suddenly stopped right in front of her table and peeked at the girl who was earnestly studying her lines for the play. Nicole finally noticed the presence of the guy and looked up slowly. She first noticed his long legs and then as she looked up she saw his sharp jawline, then his lips, and lastly his clear eyes.

 

“Is that you?” the man asked.

 

“Yea, what’s wrong with how I look? Don’t I look pretty?” Nicole exclaimed as if she was putting up a hard exterior for this man.

 

“Hyung!” Another man came in running and stopped right beside the man and asked, “Have you found Nicole yet?”

 

“BABO ! I’m right here KANG MINHYUK !” Nicole said as she playfully smacked his head.

 

“Is that really you?” The man named Kang Minhyuk asked. “I mean Lee Jonghyun hyung said you haven’t changed since the last time we saw you.”

 

“How is that possible? When did you guys last see me? When I confessed to Lee Jonghyun oppa right in front of you and your guys’ band?” Nicole said

 

“Well I guess so.” Minhyuk said in a low voice

 

“You really changed Nicole, you look more like a lady now.” The man who came in first who is now known to be Lee Jonghyun said.

 

“Are you now regretting letting me go that day and just making fun of me?” Nicole said as she crossed her arms.

 

“I’m not sure yet. But what I know for sure is that I have dated many more women that are way prettier than you.” Jonghyun said with a smirk and with that Minhyuk lightly nudged him.

 

“I bet. Then what are you doing here?” Nicole suddenly asked.

 

“Well to see my beloved Hoobae/Dongsaeng Nicole and the other girls and some other friends that I need to catch up with after a long time. Why did you miss oppa that much?” Jonghyun said as he touched Nicole’s chin to show some slight affection towards her.

 

“Yup. We will be going somewhere tonight with them. You should come with us, just don’t bring the other girls. You know well that you are the only one in the group I get along with.” Minhyuk said as he whispered the later part to her ear.

 

“Ya ! How is that possible, If I do that then they will get mad at me for doing just that and you know how much Hye Ju adored you. Why won’t you just invite them?” Nicole said as she smacked him across the arm.

 

“It’s complicated.” He said as he laid eyes on Jonghyun

 

“Why? Did you also have a relationship with Hye Ju unnie from before? Is that why you rejected me?” Nicole said as she now turned to face Jonghyun.

 

“Yes.” Was all that Jonghyun managed to utter.

 

With that she just looked at him then tears formed in her eyes and just quickly run outside the building to find a place where she could think. Where she could be alone.

 

“Hyung…” Minhyuk started. “It’s been 2 years since you last met her, did you really have to bring that up. You know she was deeply hurt. She saw you as the oppa that would protect her like you always had but then you found out she started to have feelings for you and you turned cold. And on top of that you even dared to date one of her unnie. To just drop all of that right now was not good.” Minhyuk explained calmly as he started to grab Nicole’s stuff and ran outside to follow her.