The Break Up

I'm A Suju
Please log in to read the full chapter

It had been a month since I met Cho Kyuhyun and in that time I followed him everywhere around. Just to get to know him before I actually changed myself to meet him. His personality was mostly closed for people he didn’t know well. To his friends he was always fooling around with his weird sense of humour. He was a great hyung and a nice dongsaeng to everyone, even if he didn’t really like them that much. The only problem was that he was obsessed with videogames. And when I say obsessed, I mean really obsessed.

In the time I got to know my lover I saw Sungmin getting closer to making Sunny fall in love with him, which got kind of frustrating. I tried to calm myself down with the idea that Sunny was single, while Kyuhyun had a girlfriend. And just that girlfriend was the problem. If she wouldn’t have been always there to support him in whatever he did, it would have been a lot easier for me.

And then it happened. It was both good and bad, really. But especially bad… Kyuhyun received a message from, what I guess, his girlfriend, since she’s basically the only one texting or calling him.

Can we meet?

He immediately called her, just to know if she was alright. "What’s going on?... Now?... I’ll be there in 5 minutes." When he hung up, he ran as fast he could to the place where they had decided to meet. Of course I followed him and didn’t leave him for one single second. When I saw her sad face, somewhere deep inside me I already knew what would happen.

"What’s going on?" He asked and I guess he knew as much as me.

She looked down.

"This isn’t working. I’m not ready for this. You mean a lot to me, Kyu, that’s why it has to stop now, before anyone gets hurt even more."

"I… what are you saying? Are you… breaking up… with me?"

The girl didn’t look up and remained silent.

"If it’s me, I can change! I want to change for you!"

"No! God…" She finally looked up, both pain and anger in her eyes. "Don’t look at me like that, Kyu."

"I’m sorry… I just…"

"Don’t apologize."

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No! Kyu! Stop this! You’re making it worse for the both of us, don’t you see that?" And then she started crying. She ran away before any of us could say something (not that I could say anything…)

He didn’t ran after her. He just stood there.

Please log in to read the full chapter