Back To Normal

I'm A Suju
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I continued walking and soon I was in front of his house. I felt nervous, but obligated myself to keep going and to ring the bell. When I finally had the courage to do so, it was his mother that opened the door. 

"Hello, my name is Lee Donghae. Is Kyuhyun home, please?"

"I’m sorry but he’s not. Are you a friend of his?"

"Kind of." I said with a little smile. 

"Well, do you want to come in perhaps while we wait for him? It shouldn’t be long before he’s coming home again, I think. He left a while ago."

"I don’t want to be of any trouble."

"Oh, it’s no trouble at all. Please come in."

I went inside and followed her towards the salon to have a seat in the leather coach. 

"Did you already have breakfast?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Is there anything else I can offer you?"

"No, I’m fine, thank you."

She nodded and sat down in front of me. "So, can you tell me something about my son? I hardly ever speak to him so maybe you can talk to me a bit?" She wondered with a smile. 

"He’s a very well mannered boy, madam Cho. But he doesn’t talk much, does he?"

"It has been like that since he was a child. I once asked him about it but he said he didn’t want to annoy us by talking."

"Oh."

"Are you two close?"

"We were once, yes. I’m here to talk some things out."

"Then I hope you two can make your friendship work."

I nodded with a little smile.

"Lee Donghae?"

"Yes, madam Cho?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course. Please, ask me anything."

"You’re in love with my son?" It didn’t sound at all like a question. More like something she had noticed in such short time.

"I--"

"There’s no point in denying. I can tell by the look in your eyes."

"‘I’m terribly sorry, madam Cho. I wished I could hold it back, but I can’t."

"I should be telling you that I don’t approve. That I don’t want my son to be with another man, because that’s just against every single rule written once."

I looked down, feeling extremely embarrassed and ashamed at the same time.

"But I can’t. And I won’t. I’ve seen my son unhappy for so long and if you’re the one to open his eyes, to make him smile, to show him what love is, then I can only approve."

I looked up and tried to smile. "I’m really thankful. But it’s just the question if he wants me to be that person to him.

Please log in to read the full chapter