Introduction

I'm A Suju
Please log in to read the full chapter

My name is Lee Donghae. There’s really no better way to introduce myself than to tell you I’m a Suju. Yes, we do exist. We’re not that common but we do exist. Well, since I’m one… We’re unique because we’re not able to reproduce ourselves. But before we go down that road, I should first tell you what a Suju is. 

It simply means we can appear as an animal, human or as a ghost. You can’t become a Suju, you’re born this way. (And by being born I mean appear in leader Park Jungsoos office.) The older you get, the more forms you can change yourself into. In my case, I could appear as a fish at the age of 1. At the age of 2 as a bird. The age of 3 as a turtle. At the age of 4 as a bunny. Now, at the age of 23, I can almost change into anything I want. The only thing I’m still not able to do is to become a lion. So that’s what I’m trying to do these days. Those animals are just so fascinating, I think. 
 

(Once I changed into the exact same cat my friend Kim Heechul has. You should have seen the look on his face when he suddenly seemed to have two exact same looking cats. He freaked out by the thought of his Heebum (that’s it’s name. Of the cat.) being cloned. It was really funny. He never forgave me though…)
 

At the same time you start to change into animals, you are able the change into a human as well. In my case that was around the age of 6 (about the same time I started to know how to change into a dog). The first moment you’re human, you are transported into Leader Park Jungsoo's office, where you choose however you want to look when you’re older. (Yes we can choose, but only between two things. It’s always either this or the complete opposite. We can’t have it all because otherwise we would turn out to be too perfect.) I’m now the exact same way I choose when I was 6. Once you have chosen, you can’t change anything about your human form. Many people would say 6 is a young age for choosing such a thing, but as a Suju, you’re very mature for your age. 
 

We can change as many times as we like into whatever form we want. But it’s recommended to not do it that much because if you do, you’ll end up having a tail as a human, or be able to smile as an animal. Which by the way totally freaks everyone out. But it’s hilarious. Really. 
 

All forms have their advantages and disadvantages, of course. Like as an animal, you always have to be careful not to get caught and end up as the meal. I loved to appear in a fish. But I had to change that, for the simple reason that I want to keep living. It’s really dangerous and I’ve ended up way too many times as the almost dinner of other fish, cats or humans. 

It took me very long to think about in what other animal I could appear. It had to be bigger than a fish. Not edible. Not almost extinct. Not that pretty (just to keep hunters away). Powerful. So I thought about it a long time and came up with a lion. (Ok, it doesn’t really answer all of my wishes, like it is a pretty animal. But I couldn’t find anything else…) But then I found out I couldn’t change myself into one! Leader says I have to wait one year, but that I can boost the process by acting like a lion. That’s why I sometimes start howling at people. I also change myself into a little panther as much as possible, because it resembles it a bit. But until this point I haven’t really progressed in the whole becoming-a-lion thing. 

As a ghost, no one is able to see you unless they’re one too. There isn’t really

Please log in to read the full chapter