Untitled

My Heart Beats*

 

A/N: I really don't know what title I should give this chapter T_T hmm.. maybe I'll just let you guys decide to yourselves what you would like to call this chapter! Enjoy reading! Thanks! :)

[Author’s POV]

Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s been hanging around and are always together almost every day. Kyuhyun’s always visiting Sungmin in their house and the two’s always inside Sungmin’s room. (Who knows what these two are doing? Oops! Don’t think of ert things, ‘kay?)

It was Sunday and Sungmin invited Kyuhyun at his home because it is Kibum’s birthday and they’ll be having a small party. (Although it’ll just be a little gathering between Kibum, Sungmin, Kyuhyun, and Sungmin’s mother, it’s still a party!)^_^

“Kyuhyun, are you busy today?” Sungmin asked the person on the other line. “You see,” he stopped, then continue again, “Kibum will be having a party today and it’s also his birthday today so…”  He stopped again.

Kyuhyun’s waiting for him to continue his speech so he just went silent. Then Sungmin spoke again, “I-I was just wondering if you c-can come by to j-join us.”

Kyuhyun didn’t respond so fast so Sungmin thought that he’s really busy so he added, “b-but it’ll be fine if you d-don’t come!” he bit his lower lip when he realized that he said ‘don’t’ instead of ‘can’t’.

Sungmin Pabo! He thought to himself. He was about to punch his head when the other person finally spoke.

“W-Would you like me to come?”

Sungmin was surprised with Kyuhyun’s question. So he quickly replied, “O-Of course! T-That’s why I’m inviting you Pabo!” Sungmin felt sorry for calling Kyuhyun ‘Pabo’. “Oops! I’m sorry for calling you pa—

“I’ll be there! I’ll definitely be there in just a few minutes! Wait for me!” Just when Sungmin just realized that maybe he’s being a bit mean towards Kyuhyun, the guy said yes to his invitation, and he sounded happy. Then the other line went busy, meaning that Kyuhyun already hang up.

“W-What’s wrong with that person? I just called him Pabo and yet he’s happy?” Sungmin asked himself, confused. But then he’s happy, too, because he’s going to see Kyuhyun again…

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

I arrived in front of Sungmin’s house together with my friend Lee Donghae. He’s studying at a different school from me so I haven’t introduced him to Sungmin yet. We’re living at the same place (dorm) so we’re almost like brothers.

I pressed the doorbell (déjà vu) and waited for someone to open the door. I expected Sungmin to open the door but it’s not him who opened the door, instead it was Kibum.

“Oh! Kyuhyun-sshi! You’re early aren’t you? Excited to see Sungmin-sshi?” Kibum just see us a few seconds ago and he’s already said so many things. Corrections, he’s already teasing me. Then he realized that I’m not alone. “Oh? I see you’ve got some company with y—

Then he stopped when he saw Donghae behind me.

“What’s wrong Kibum?” I asked him but he just told me to get in now while he hurriedly walked inside. I and Donghae were left there, I, still confused with his sudden actions.

 

Donghae and I got inside and I saw Sungmin helping his Umma prepare the foods on the table. He’s wearing a pink apron and I thought. He’s really obsessed with pink. I smirked with the thought and I didn’t notice that Sungmin’s already staring back at me. He’s giving me that ‘what are you smirking at?’ glare. I just smiled back at him.

*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Sungmin and his mother finished in putting all the food that they cooked so they called all of us to gather around the table.

“Minnie-ah! Why did you used pink icing on my cake?!” Kibum pouted and Donghae smiled at him. “Just because you’re obsessed with pink!” Without removing his pouting face.

“That’s hyung for you!” Sungmin said as he lightly punches Kibum on the head. “How many times do I have to tell you that Lil’ Kibum?” teasing the birthday boy.

“AH! Stop putting ‘Lil’ before my name! I’m already 17 years old!” Kibum argued with Sungmin.

“Yeah, yeah…” Sungmin ruffled Kibum’s hair, the younger showed an annoyed look. Donghae and I just laughed at the two having their ‘cute argument’.

“Alright,” his mother suddenly called our attention. “Why don’t we sing Kibum a happy birthday song now?”

We all agreed and everyone united as we greet Kibum his 17th birthday through a melody…

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

[Sungmin’s POV]

We’re having conversations while enjoying the food that Umma and I prepared for Kibum. I really hoped that he’s having fun today. Then I noticed that he’s really nervous when Kyuhyun’s friend, Donghae is looking his way.

After a few more topics, Kyuhyun stand up, saying he’ll just go out for some fresh air. I decided to follow him but first I signaled my Umma to leave the table, too, so that Donghae and Kibum will have their time alone. My Umma understood what I’m trying to tell him by my actions, and so she stood up after me. Leaving the two, I smiled at the view of them. Then, I followed Kyuhyun at the door, he’s standing outside.

 

“So why is this tall man spacing outside our house?” I said as I poke him on his side. He quickly answered my question.

“I’m not spacing out,” he said as he sticks out his tongue at me. “I just thought that those two needs time to be alone.” Then Kyuhyun pointed his finger at the two people sitting around the table inside the house.

“So you noticed it, too?” I asked him.

“I just wondered why Kibum’s shocked when he saw Donghae before when we arrive,” he stopped then looked at me. “Then he’s blushing every time Donghae’s looking at him, so I thought that’s maybe because of IT.”

“Kibum must’ve like Donghae.”

“That’s what I thought.” I laughed in his last statement. “Why did you laugh all of a sudden?” He gave me a curious look on his face.

“Hmm. Nothing. I just thought that we’re thinking the same things…” I said then I tried to step forward still looking at him and not on the floor, when I tripped my foot and I was about to fall. Then I realized someone’s arms around my waist. My eyes’ currently closed because I thought I was gonna hit the floor. Then I opened my eyes and I saw Kyuhyun’s worried face, just a few centimeters away from mine. He’s holding me, supporting through his arms to prevent me from falling.

We remained silent in that position for almost 15 minutes and then I thought that he’s holding me too long. Omo! I’m heavy! I spoke to myself. Then I told him, “Ah! I’m sorry Kyuhyun!” then I freed myself from his hold. I looked back from him, hiding my shy expression because of my clumsiness. “I-I’m sorry! I was c-clumsy and—

“Be careful next time,” without looking at me and then he quickly get inside the house. I was left outside feeling the cold wind in my body because it’s already evening, yet, I’m feeling hot and my face’s red because of the closeness that just happened a little while ago…

*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*

*Pabo- meaning 'Fool'

A/N: I was supposed to write this in the end.

I felt thankful for my clumsiness that time…

Then I stopped myself or else I’ll die even before I could write the next chapter! keke~

Still reading my fic? Thanks a lot! Comments! Comments! It’ll help me to correct my mistakes!

Thanks again for subscribing to my story and please look forward to the next chapter!! Hwaiting! ^_^