True Feelings

My Heart Beats*

 

[SUNGMIN’S POV]

All of us four now decided to enter the mirror maze. I walked through the hallways and passed through many ways but all that my eyes could see were mirrors! Mirrors! And nothing but mirrors!

I kept on walking and walking, and after an hour, I finally realized that I’m not getting any close to the exit. It seems as if I’m going back to the same spot where I left. Soon, I just found myself really tired and then I stopped walking.

Omo! I’m alone here and I can’t find the right way… I’m so tired… I tried walking again to where my feet would bring me and yet I’m still going nowhere. Aish! What if I’m lost already? What if I couldn’t get out of here?! Somebody, please help me!

My legs were already trembling that I kneeled down in the spot where I’m standing. I felt so much afraid thinking I may not be able to get out of that terrifying place anymore. I really wanted to shout because of fear. I was about to cry on my knees when I heard those footsteps…

It’s getting closer to my location, someone’s coming for me! I won’t be alone here anymore! It must be Siwon, I thought. He must’ve noticed that I can’t get out of here and so he came searching for me.

I was so excited to see this person that’s coming, thinking it was Siwon, so I hurriedly stand up from kneeling position and looked at the direction of the footsteps and to my surprised…

The person that’s coming wasn’t Siwon… instead it was... Kyuhyun…

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
[KYUHYUN’S POV]

I heard cries from a not so distant place from me. I tried searching for the sound and in the middle of those mirrors, a familiar figure was sobbing. I tried to get closer to him, and then I was surprised when that person stood up from his position.

I was right. It was Sungmin.

We went silent after seeing each other. I don’t know what to say to him. We’re just few distances away from each other, but it felt as if he’s too far away from me. I don’t know what’s running on his mind when he’s giving me those stares from his eyes.

“I’m s-sorry… I j-just heard sobs and thought that someone might need help. I never thought that it was you…” I still managed to say some words even though I’m trying to look away from him. Then I turned around, I was planning to leave him, because maybe, he’s starting to get annoyed by my presence there.

I took a few steps away from that place when suddenly; I felt a hand grab the tip of my shirt. I turned around again and I saw Sungmin, facing down, still sobbing, while saying,

“Please… d-don’t leave me here...” in between sobs.

I looked at his face. Damn. I miss his cute face so much. Finally, he spoke to me. I smiled back at him and grab his hand from my shirt and held it tightly. This time, I won’t let you cry, Min. “We’ll definitely get out of here.” I ensured him.

I held his hand the entire time we are searching for the exit of the maze. I held it tightly, to make him feel that he’s safe with me.

Finally, I heard noise of outside from a specific direction. I followed the sound while Sungmin, still holding my hand, follows me. We walked through that direction and we passed through a door and at last… we made it out of that maze together…

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

[SUNGMIN’S POV]

“Finally we’re outside!” I shouted as I stretched both of my arms into the air. Then I looked at Kyuhyun and a few minutes later, I just found myself hugging him because of too much happiness that I’m feeling that time…

I notice Kyuhyun’s surprise when I suddenly hugged him. And then I thought, Wait, I’m hugging Kyuhyun? Why? I thought I was supposed to avoid him? But why did I let myself to get close to him again?

I came back to my senses and took my hands out of Kyuhyun’s body. We looked at each other surprised faces and I just uttered, “I-I’m sorry f-for hugging y-you all of a sudden!” then I looked away from him.

Oh crap. He must’ve noticed that my face’s getting red because of that hug! I need to hide my face from him!

We stayed silent for a few minutes then suddenly, I heard my phone ringing. Someone’s calling me! I quickly took my phone to answer the call, and also, to avoid Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“Y-Yes this is Sungmin!” I said on the other line. I heard him call my name; it was then that I realized that it was Siwon who called me. His voice’s familiar. “Y-Yeah Siwon-ah,” I answered again.

“Sungmin, I’m sorry for calling so late but Seohyun and I already left the amusement park,” he said. I froze in his answer. Then I spoke again.

“W-What? W-Where did you guys go?!”

“I’m really sorry Sungmin! But Seohyun felt ill just a few minutes after entering the maze and so I decided to bring her home,” he explained.

So we felt the same, I thought. “It’s okay Siwon.” I said. “Just make sure that Seohyun rests well,” I mean it.

“Yeah,” I heard him sigh. “I’m really sorry I can’t be there for you. Uhm, maybe just ask Kyuhyun-sshi to bring you home, ne? I really want to go back there and send you home but I can’t leave Seohyun like this…”

“I-It’s fine, really, Siwon. Don’t worry about me.”

“Thanks, take care, Min, bye,” that’s it and he hang up on me. I sighed deep after the conversation has ended. Then I stared back at Kyuhyun again. I told him about the call.

“Does that mean it’s just the two of us now?” he asked me as soon as I ended telling him the story. I was surprised by his question but I nod in agreement.

I became more surprised when he took my hand again and dragged me to some place where it was just the two of us. He pulled me near in front of him and he kneeled down.

“Please forgive me, Min!”

I was so shocked with his actions that time. But I managed to speak to him. “What are you doing?! Will you stand up there!” as I tried to lift him up from his kneeling position. I wasn’t able to lift him, he’s stronger than me.

“I’ll just stand up if you tell me that you’ve already forgiven me,” then both of us became silent.

I didn’t know what to say. I wanted him to stand up from that position before someone else might see us, but I couldn’t say that I’m forgiving him. Instead, I said, “T-There’s no reason for me to forgive you. Y-You didn’t do anything wro—”

“Yes I did! And that’s the reason why you keep on avoiding me!”

I went silent again. He’s right. If he didn’t do anything that hurt me, I shouldn’t have been avoiding him. But I am hurt, and it’s because he did something wrong, and he knew that.

“I couldn’t accept the fact that you’re now so distant from me, Min,” it sounded like he’s about to cry. I looked at him and I saw, he really was crying. “We used to be so close… and happy… but since that day that you saw me and Seohyu—”

“S-STOP!” I said before he could even tell the things that happened that day again. I don’t want to hear it again. I don’t want to remember it again.

“B-But—!”

“A-Alright! Y-You’re f-forgiven! J-Just stop talking about those things and stand up there!” I was forced to say, just to make him shut his mouth and also, to make him leave his position.

Kyuhyun stood up, but tears still in his eyes. “You’re not really forgiving me…” I didn’t respond to him. So he spoke again, this time, with a more firm voice despite that he just cried.

“MIN! I HATE IT WHEN YOU’RE AVOIDING ME! I HATE THAT DAYS PASSED AND YOU’RE ALWAYS HANGING AROUND NOT WITH ME BUT WITH THAT SIWON GUY!” he stopped for a moment and then, “I-I’M J-JEALOUS OF HIM!”

My eyes widened upon hearing his last statement. “Y-You’re j-jealous? B-But w-why? I-I t-thought you like S-Seohyun—”

“I don’t like Seohyun!”

“B-But I saw y-you two k-kissi—”

“Seohyun kissed me forcefully! I didn’t like it! Besides I have someone else that I love!”

My heart beat grew fast. He has someone else that he loves and it’s not Seohyun? W-Who could that be? That someone must be very lucky…

Thoughts were running on my mind when suddenly I felt Kyuhyun’s hands on my shoulders; he was looking straight to my eyes. He cupped my cheeks and the next thing that happened brought me to so much confusion…

Kyuhyun is kissing me… Is this for real? I thought as I felt his lips sweetly pressing to my lips. Then he whispered to my ears after that kiss,

“Seohyun and I are not a couple. I love someone else. And that someone else… is no other than you… Lee Sungmin, I love you…”

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

A/N: I’m such an EPIC FAIL! Mianhe for really super duper late update! Many many things happened back at my house and my family’s been very very busy (so am I) so I’m really sorry readers! Hope you’re still waiting for this update so I hope you still like this! Gomawo for those who waited!!!