A Double... What?!!

My Heart Beats*

 

[Sungmin’s POV]

I’m on my way to school now. It’s been three days since the day I’ve been admitted in the hospital for collapsing in school. That day, when I saw Kyuhyun and Seohyun...

Also, it’s the day that Siwon showed himself to me again. Remembering him reminded me of what he told me last time...

“I still like you, Sungmin. And this time, I’m going to correct my mistakes. This time, I’ll be strong enough to say I love you. This time, I’m ready to say I love you. And I mean it.”

I’m blushing just by thinking of it. It’s not that I still love Siwon, but he’s my first love after all. And first loves don’t die that easily.

I realized that I almost forgot about his rejection to me before. Not that it’s totally erased from my mind, but I’ve already forgiven him. Besides, he said sorry to me and told me his reasons for rejecting me. So I found no more reason to hold a grudge against him.

The memories of me being in the hospital and Siwon coming back keeps on playing on my mind when suddenly I heard someone calling my name.

“Sungmin!” I turn around to see who it was, and to my surprise, it was Siwon, rushing towards me. “Sungmin! Finally I caught up with you...” he said while catching his breath.

“Siwon?” I asked him. I’m wondering why he’s here near at our school so early in the morning. It’s not because of me, right? I laughed at the idea in my mind. “What are you doing here?”

When he can breathe normally now, he spoke to me. “I’m going to school with you!” then he smiled at me. He sounded excited.

“Y-You can’t come to our school! Babo! Outsiders aren’t allowed to get inside—

Before I could finish what I’m saying, he took something from his bag and showed it to me. It’s an identification card, similar to mine! It says that Siwon Choi is a student from our school!

“I told you Sungmin. I’m going to take you back. And I won’t be able to do that if we’re not together most of the times. That’s why I transferred here.” He showed me his best smile. The smile that made me fall for him before.

I remained silent, still surprised, especially when he repeated his confession to me again. I don’t know how I should react. Then he said, “Let’s go now, Sungmin. Or else we’ll both be late,” his hand took mine and he dragged me to school with our hands joined together.

I felt shy when I noticed that everyone’s looking at Siwon and me as we walk through the hallway. It’s like all eyes were set on us, maybe because Siwon hasn’t let go of my hand. Then I heard people talking, “Oh, look how cute the two of them!” and “Hey, isn’t that Sungmin? The two of them looked like a couple! Who’s that lucky and cute guy?”

My face totally turned red after hearing this last statement. “Omo! They really look the best! So sweet to hold hands while walking!”

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

I was staring blankly facing the windows. It’s been three days since that incident. Three days since Seohyun kissed me and confessed to me, and Sungmin saw us. . I haven’t had the chance to explain everything to him. Kibum told me that he’d been in the hospital that same day.

I didn’t have the courage to visit him when Kibum told me that. I don’t know how to show myself to Sungmin. He might be mad at me because of what he had seen last time.

I’m still in deep thought when suddenly; two people holding each others’ hand entered our classroom.

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

I saw Sungmin take a step inside our classroom but he’s not alone. He’s with someone, unfamiliar to my eyes. But they’re not just together; they’re holding each others’ hand! I felt jealousy running through my nerves but I prevented myself from showing it, besides, I still don’t know who this person Sungmin is holding hands with.

I looked at Sungmin and he looked away from my eyes. Maybe he’s really mad at me. I shook down my head because of sadness, which is because my most important friend’s starting to get distant from me...

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

[Author’s POV]

Sungmin and Siwon were already inside the classroom but the latter man hasn’t let go of the smaller man’s hand yet. It’s like he doesn’t want to free it from his grasp so Sungmin spoke.

“Siwon, we’re already here. C-Could you let go of my h-hand now.”

But Siwon just smiled back at him saying, “What if I don’t want to? Hehe.” Sungmin pouted at Siwon and he found Sungmin too cute, he loved it. He held Sungmin’s hand tighter; showing Sungmin that he really enjoys it. Then suddenly, a girl approached them; she talked to Siwon.

“Siwon, is that you?” it was Seohyun. The sight of her made Sungmin tremble from his position but not obvious and Siwon didn’t notice it.

“Seohyun?” Siwon replied to the girl. “Is that really you, Seohyun? My cousin!” finally Siwon let go of Sungmin’s hand to be able to hug the girl. “So you’re studying here too? What a coincidence!”

Seohyun pouted. “You’re mean! You told me you’ll be back here in Korea but you didn’t tell me that you’ll be studying here as well! In the same school and class as mine! You said you’ll just look for your long lost love,” she looked away from him.

“I didn’t know you’re studying here, really! I’m sorry Seohyun! It’s a complete coincidence!”

Sungmin just look at the two of them having their conversation. So they’re cousins?

“So have you found this person you’re looking for?” Seohyun’s question surprised Sungmin.

“YEAH!” and he took Sungmin’s hand again and showed her their joined hands. “He’s the one that I’ve been looking for! He’s my first and only love!” Siwon proudly exclaimed, making the whole class, even those outside the room, hear it. Sungmin turned red again so he looked down to hide his face.

Kyuhyun eyed their holding hands upon hearing Siwon’s statement. Especially Sungmin, he’s asking, is that true Min?

“Oh, really? That’s good to hear then! Sungmin-sshi is the one that you love! That’s nice to hear!” as she loves the view of Siwon holding Sungmin’s hand. Then she thought of something. “Oh, I know, I’ll show you my boyfriend too! He’s here! He’s the guy that I’ve told you before!” then she rushed towards Kyuhyun’s position and drag the tall man to the people who are standing at the doorway. “He’s Kyuhyun!”

“Oh? So he’s the reason why you’re always sleepless, huh?” teases Siwon to Seohyun.

“Y-Yeah, don’t say that in front of Kyuhyun!” Seohyun blushed.

“So are the two of you going out already?”

“Not yet! We just started so... we’ll be dating soon!” and then an idea flashed through Seohyun’s mind. “I know! Why don’t we have a double date!!” shouted Seohyun.

“That’s a good idea!” Siwon excitedly agrees in the girl’s suggestion.

“I know, right,” Seohyun smiled. “A double date among the four of us! It’ll be me and Kyuhyun while it’ll be Sungmin and Siwon! What do you think?” the smile never leaves her face.

But when the two cousins looked to the other people, Sungmin and Kyuhyun, shock is written all over their faces. And they both shouted the exactly same words.

“A-A D-Double. . . WHAAAT?!!”

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

[Sungmin’s POV]

The class that day ended and I was on my way home already. I’m walking home with Siwon, he insisted on sending me home even if I told him that I can go home by myself. Plus I just let him tag with me, because I notice that Kyuhyun couldn’t get near me when Siwon’s on sight. Being with Siwon means less chance of talking to Kyuhyun. I love Kyuhyun but I can’t face him right now. I must avoid him as possible as I can.

I sighed. So many thoughts have been running in my mind these past few days. I can’t believe I can still think properly despite that.

“So Sungmin, you’re going to join that double date with me, right?” he took me out of my thoughts. He’s referring to the idea of Seohyun before.

I showed him a disagreeing look on my face. “I’m not going somewhere with you guys and I won’t join that double date thing you’re talking about.”

“B-But it’ll be fun Sungmin!” he explained. I didn’t change my facial expression. I don’t have any plans of going on those kinds of date. Also, Kyuhyun will be there so I need to avoid getting in a situation with him.

“How can you be so sure that it’ll be fun?” I asked him. I know he couldn’t give me a satisfying answer to that question. How can it be fun when there’s Seohyun and Kyuhyun? The two of them together... they might do something in front of my eyes again! I couldn’t take even just the two of them talking... they might kiss again... or maybe worse than kissing! No! I don’t want to see it! I don’t...

And when I looked at Siwon, he’s wearing that very sad face. He looks so pitiful. Like a child that did not get the candy and toys that he wanted. He looked as if the world’s finally reached its end.

I felt guilty upon seeing him. . Why did he look so good even when he’s making a sad face? I felt guilt in my body that I was the one who made him really sad. What should I do?

He’s not crying but his aura went down. “S-Siwon,” I said but he didn’t respond to me calling his name. I made a deep sigh. What have I done? I guess I don’t have any choice now...

“A-Alright, Siwon. I’ll go to that double date with you,” his expression changed so quickly upon hearing my statement. All of a sudden, he became so cheerful and energetic as before.

“R-REALLY MIN?! YOU’RE GOING TO THAT DATE WITH ME!” he hugged me so tightly that I can barely breathe. “Thanks! I’m sure you’re going to enjoy that day with me! Seohyun and Kyuhyun, too!”

He looked like a child that received the best gift Santa could ever give. I sighed.

Why am I letting this person trick me so easily?

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Thanks for reading! Comments please! Please look forward to the next chapter! ^_^