Sungmin's Reasons/ Kyuhyun's Reason

My Heart Beats*

 

[Sungmin’s POV]

I was staring blankly at nowhere when again, the girls’ conversation at the library this afternoon repeated again on my mind. Just when will these thoughts leave my mind?

It keeps on repeating. And repeating. And repeating. Hearing it again and again in my head’s really driving me crazy. At the same time, its making my chest to hurt and really is making me hard to breathe.

I looked up at the sky hoping it’ll help me to breathe better when I felt a drop of water touch my eyelid. Then it turned into many droplets. Then I realized that its already raining.

Everyone around me hurriedly ran for a place to protect them from the rain while I ignored them and I didn’t mind the rain. I’m still there... standing still... shivering... in the middle of the rain... crying...

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

I’m running everywhere. I’m searching every streets hoping that I’ll see him there but I still couldn’t find him. Then suddenly, I felt a tiny droplet in my hand, and when I look above me, the sky’s bit dark, showing that it’s about to rain.

. I thought then I ran as fast as I could and search again. I need to find him as soon as possible or else we’ll both get soaked in the rain and get sick.

*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*

After looking at all the streets possible, finally I found Sungmin and he’s standing still but his thoughts’ not with him. So I spoke to him and said, “Hey, do you plan to kill yourself by freezing in the middle of the cold rain?”

He still hasn’t look at me but he replied to my question with another interrogative sentence. “Why did you come here?”

I stood for a moment and spoke again, “I came here to take my friend home because he’s soaking wet in the middle of the—

“Didn’t you get what I said before?” he then laugh, a fake and forced laugh. “And here I thought you’re a smart student, I think I’m wrong.”

“Don’t fool with me Lee Sungmin!” I finally bursted my anger and raised my voice a little. “J-Just tell me what’s wrong...” I returned my voice back to normal.

Sungmin looked away from me again, then stated, “Don’t you get it? I said it’s hard to be your friend!”

“And what do you mean by that? How can it be hard to be my friend when all you have to do is be yourself around me?!”

“It’s not that simple,”

“What?” I asked. I’m really confused. He still won’t tell me the reason behind those statements. “Tell me. Come on Sungmin,” he looked my way, finally.

“D-Do you r-really want t-to know h-how it’s h-hard to b-be your f-friend?” he said while shivering. I can see that he’s crying despite the rain trying to hide his crying face.

“Yes. Tell me Sungmin.”

He went silent for a moment. Then he said, “E-Everyone... T-They’re thinking that... t-that I’m forcing you to... to be m-my friend!” between sobs.

I was surprised with his confession. FORCING? HOW CAN SOMEONE THINK THAT YOU’RE FORCING ME? I grabbed his shoulders and said, “Who said that someone’s forcing me to be your friend?!”

“D-Don’t you get it! We’re completely opposites! You’re a pretty boy while I’m an ugly one... You’re so bright while I’m the complete opposite of yours... You’re hanging with me despite the fact that I’m unpopular and you’re—

I stopped him from continuing his statements and said, “NOBODY’S FORCING ME TO BE YOUR FRIEND! I’m hanging with you and that’s my choice! AND ALSO, ONLY A FOOL WOULD CALL YOU UGLY!”

“B-But they’re t-thinking I’m threatening you! They think I-I’m using y-you t-to—” the elder’s been interrupted again.

“You’re not threatening me! I’m hanging with you because I like you!” I can see his shocked expression when I said the last three words. “I like you because I’m happy when I’m with you! That’s all!” I said as I look away from him. When I look back at him again, I saw that he’s finally satisfied with my reasoning and he’s smiling. I don’t know why but when I saw that smile of him, I felt relieved as a different kind of happiness occurs inside me.

 

 

 

[Sungmin’s POV]

“I’m hanging with you because I like you!” he said, I was so shocked with his last statement, also when he said that I’m not ugly. I felt somewhat happy and satisfied. As if the rain’s already wiped away all of the negative feelings I had at that time. I raised my face and looked at him in the eyes, showed him my smiling face and said, “Thanks.”

Then he hugged me. I heard him saying, “Pabo! Don’t let their comments get into you! We’re friends because we like each others’ company so don’t listen to what they say, ‘kay?”

“Y-Yeah,” I smiled while my chin rested on his shoulders. “And also, who said that you’re ugly? I can’t agree with that because I find you very cute and adorable...” I didn’t hear all his last sentence cause I fell asleep because I suddenly felt my body’s getting a bit heavy and cold too much, maybe due to being under the rain for a long time.

 

[Kyuhyun’s POV]

I brought Sungmin home by carrying him on my back. Sungmin’s mother opened the door and let me inside so I can bring Sungmin into his room. She asked me to help Sungmin change his wet clothes and she also gave me something to change my wet clothes as well.

Sungmin’s room’s kinda different from what I expected of him. His room’s full of pink stuff. His bed, his bedsheets, pillows, the entire room’s wallpaper and even his closets and drawers were all pink. I was surprised and thought, ‘he’s really cute after all.’

When I was changing Sungmin’s clothes, (I was sitting in his bed while he’s lying because he’s asleep), he spoke and said, “Pabo! Why did you come inside my room without my permission?” without opening his eyes. Maybe he’s dreaming, I thought.

I quickly finished changing his and my clothes, and then I decided to leave him inside his room to rest since Sungmin had a fever. I thought that he needs to be alone thus he can peacefully rest and get his energy back.

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

I closed Sungmin’s room’s door and then sighed. I’m relieved that finally, Sungmin’s opening his inner self to me. And also, our misunderstanding’s just been cleared. I smile as I walk away from his room when he’s mother approached me on the hallway.

“So you’re Sungmin’s special friend?” she asked me. I nod as an answer though I can’t agree totally because there’s the adjective ‘special’ added. “You know, Sungmin’s smiling lately, I think it’s because of you... so thanks for making my child to smile,” she continued her speech. She then led me to the door and I was ready to leave when she talked to me again.

“Sungmin,” she started. “He’s been gloomy since he entered high school. He’s been always alone and I thought he’ll always be lonely at school, but now I can see that he’s lightening up a bit. I’m happy because you became his friend.”

I nodded. “I’m happy being his friend, too, A-Auntie,” she’s still smiling at me. Then she whispered something at me.

“You wanna know a secret about my Minnie?” once again I heard the cute name Minnie.

I was surprised by his question. He’s going to tell me a secret about Sungmin? I was curious so I asked back, “Y-Yeah, can you tell me, auntie?”

She’s smirking this time and said, “You entered Sungmin’s room, right? So you saw it’s all pink... It’s cute isn’t it?” then she get closer to me. “Well, I’m curious because Sungmin usually don’t let anybody enter his room... The last time I entered his room was when he was in first year, and that’s three years ago...” her hand was on her chin, showing that she’s thinking about something, then she stared back at me, “but now he let you get inside his room and he even allowed you to get near his bed... why is that?” he gave me a teasing look.

I blushed as I stepped back. I looked back from him trying to hide my expression that time, and said, “I-I d-don’t know A-Auntie! I-I’m l-leaving now! T-Thank you v-very much!” then I hurriedly leave that place. I don’t know why but when she told me that, my heart’s beating abnormally and it’s driving me crazy...

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Thank you very much to those who are still reading my story! I’m really happy as I am reading you comments so please continue on saying your thoughts about my story!

I really enjoyed writing while I’m listening to KPOP songs while eating chocolate cake! Especially listening to Super Junior’s Marry U! I thought I’ll really fall for someone who’ll sing that song to me :’) <3

Please look forward to the next chapter! I am planning on having another couple in this story... and its Kibum and Donghae... What do you think? Comments please! I’ll appreciate it!