Best Birthday Gift (Part 2)

My Heart Beats*

 

A/N: Sorry if I decided to put a story about Kibum and Donghae in between Kyumin’s story. I’m really sorry! I promise that next chapter, it’ll be the continuation of chapter 9.

By the way, I’m not that Haebum (Donghae-Kibum) shipper. I’m more of a Eunhae shipper. But I have no choice because I think Donghae will be the best to pair with Kibum. Oh well, just enjoy reading this chapter! ^_^

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

[Donghae’s POV]

Kyuhyun went inside the house and I just followed him. I saw him staring at that Sungmin guy, and I already noticed that maybe he like him... I felt like teasing him later...

But I tried to remove my thoughts about teasing Kyuhyun because I’m looking at the small guy that opened the door for us. Sungmin’s cute, but for me, this one’s cuter. He’s a bit shy with me.Why is he shy with me?

I was about to approach him when suddenly their mother called all of us to gather around the table, to start the celebration of the birthday.

*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

[Kibum’s POV]

“Minnie-ah! Why did you use pink icing on my cake?! Just because you’re obsessed with pink!” I pouted at my hyung and when I look at the other way, I saw Donghae smiling at me.Omo! He’s smiling at me! What should I do? What should I do?

Just when I’m in so much deep thought because of Donghae smiling at me, I felt a hand punched me in the head. “That’s hyung for you! How many times do I have to repeat that, Lil’ Kibum?” it was Sungmin-hyung.

“Ah! Stop putting ‘Lil’ before my name! I’m 17 already!” I told him. He ruffled my hair upon hearing my whine.

“Yeah, yeah.”

I gave him an annoyed look on my face. Then I pouted again. I felt really shy in front of Donghae. Then I heard two people laughing, when I looked the other way again, it was Kyuhyun and Donghae. They were enjoying the view of two of us arguing...

I smiled to myself then Umma announced to start singing my birthday song and start eating what they prepared that day...

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

[Donghae’s POV]

All of us were enjoying that dinner so as the conversation that’s happening among the five people around that table. Then suddenly, Kyuhyun stand up, saying that he’ll just go outside for some fresh air. A few minutes later, Sungmin followed him, and then Sungmin’s Umma also left the table saying she’ll just get more food from the kitchen. The two people left in that table were just me and Kibum.

“Kibum,” I said without looking at him. I’m also shy since it’s the first I’ve met him. “H-Happy birthday,” I said, someone can tell that I’m pretty nervous with my voice.

“Thank you... Donghae-hyung,” I was surprised when he said my name. I went silent for a moment then I realized. How come he knows my name when I haven’t introduced myself to him yet? (Yeah~ the entire time they’re eating and enjoying the food, he wasn’t able to introduce himself...) I gave him a questioned look on my face and then I asked him. “Uhm, h-how did you know m-my name?”

He’s surprised by my question and I saw this in his expression: . I’m caught. He didn’t reply to my asking him, so I just scratched my head and said, “Oh, m-maybe you h-heard when Kyuhyun c-called my name before...” I saw him blushed.

He looked down for a moment then raised his face again as if he’s going to say something. Well, he really is going to say something.

“T-The t-truth is...” he started. I looked his way, listening to what he’s going to say. “I-I have known you f-for so l-long!” he confessed.

I was surprised. He’d known me for so long? But why is it that I don’t know him? Could it be that I’ve already met him before but I forgot? No, I can’t forget someone as cute as him...

I shook my head. Then he continued on speaking.

“I’m in the same school as yours, hyung.”

“Oh? R-Really? Er, I mean,” I sounded happy when I heard that we’re attending the same school. I couldn’t control myself from smiling because of what he just said.

“Y-Yeah... I-I’m in f-first year while y-you’re in third year,” he blushed again. “A-And I-I’m one of y-your f-fans...”

“F-Fans?”

“Y-Yeah. Didn’t you knew, hyung? A lot of students’ been admiring you because of your dancing skills and cute image...” he’s finally turned red-face so he took his eyes away from me.

“R-Really?” I was really shocked by all his confessions. “Y-You’re my fan, too?” I asked him. “Does that mean you like me?”

His eyes widened when he looked at me with an asking expression. “O-Of course! I l-like you so m-much, hyung!”

I smiled in his last statement. “Really? That made me happy...”

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

[Kibum’s POV]

I didn’t get what Donghae mean by that. Does that mean you like me?

I was really surprised in his question that my eyes grew wide. But I didn’t want to make him wait so I answered quickly. “O-Of course I like you, hyung!”

“Really? That made me happy...” as he’s smiling at me.

Then, we soon started being normal towards each other, not being awkward, and started playing with the icing on the cake.

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

(The next day)

I’ve always have had a crush on Donghae-hyung since the first time I saw him dancing on our school’s stage (there was a program at school to welcome the freshmen). But I never thought that my crush on him would go beyond that.

Oh crap. I think I’m starting to fall for him! But he won’t feel the same towards me... I’m just an ordinary student here at our school while he’s too special... we’re not going to make a good pair...

I was so in deep thought when suddenly, I heard my phone ringing. “Kibum-ah, your phone is ringing,” said Ryeowook, one of my classmates. We’re currently at the canteen, they were eating lunch. I’m not hungry that time so I’m just waiting for them.

I looked at my phone to see who is calling me. To my surprise, it was Lee Donghae who was calling me! (We exchange numbers at home yesterday...) I quickly pressed the ‘answer’ button, afraid that he might cancel if I don’t answer soon.

“Ah.., Kibum-sshi...” said the person on the other line. “Are you busy right now? Do you still have classes to attend?”

“N-NO! I’m not busy Donghae-hyung! And I don’t have any classes to attend anymore!” I quickly responded to him.

My classmates glared at me when I mentioned the name Lee Donghae. Ryeowook went close to me and grab my shoulders. “HEY! IS THAT REALLY LEE DONGHAE YOU ARE TALKING TO RIGHT NOW?!”

“Y-Yeah,” I said and all of them went crazy that I cannot hear Donghae. I told them to keep quiet so I can hear hyung on the phone.

“C-Can we meet today? E-er, I don’t have any classes anymore so I just thought you might want to go out—”

“Y-YES! I’ll go out with you!”

“Really?” he sounded excited. “Then let’s meet at the school’s gate. I’ll be there in just a few minutes now...”

“Y-Yeah, me too...” then I hang up. I sighed after the conversation. Then when I look up, I saw my classmates staring at me, with the ‘you have to tell us something’ look on their faces.

I hurriedly picked my bag then run away from them while saying, “I’m s-sorry but I-I have to go now! I’ll tell you everything tomorrow!” then I left them looking at me and dissatisfied with my escape.

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Donghae and I went to a nearby cafe from our school. We ordered desserts and he paid for it, even though I insist of paying for myself. We’re having a conversation and I’m really enjoying it, when suddenly, my phone rang.

Ah! Who could be disturbing me at the best time of my life?! I picked my phone and answered the call with an angry voice; of course, I didn’t let Donghae hear that.

“Yo? What is it?!” I sounded annoyed by the call. Then the other line spoke; an unfamiliar voice. Then I stood up after hearing the reason of him calling me. my face changed from an annoyed one to a worried one.

“W-WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED TO SUNGMIN-HYUNG??”

*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Yosh! Finally I’m done with this bonus-like chapter of my story. I hope you didn’t get bored with it ^_^

You’re waiting for Kyumin, guys? Next chapter will be the continuation of it! (Finally! Keke~)

Well, thanks to those who are subscribing on my story and keeps on waiting for my updates! That’s all! Please look forward to the next chapter! Hwaiting!^_^