Chapter 18: Siwon’s Resolve

My Heart Beats*

 

Chapter 18: Siwon’s Resolve

[SUNGMIN’S POV]

I entered the classroom that Monday morning. I was silent the entire time I’m on the way to school. Kibum’s question last night kept on bugging me.

So what’s your answer to his confession?

I shook my head to remove Kibum’s voice in my head. But it won’t leave me. It’s really bothering me that I can’t think of other things. Then I heard someone called me.

“Sungmin!” I turned around. It was Siwon. He rushed towards me and then bowed down. “I’m sorry for leaving you and Kyuhyun-sshi yesterday! I shouldn’t have done that! But Seohyun really needed me… I’m really sorry!”

“I-Its fine, S-Siwon, r-really!” I tried to lift him up his position. “Come on stop doing that!”

I told him. “It’s okay because Seohyun really needed you… plus I saw Kibum yesterday too, we went home together…”

“Oh? That’s a relief then… but still I’m sorry!” then he hugged me. I wasn’t surprised. Siwon’s used to do lots of skinship with me since he got back.

Then I felt someone forced us to separate from the hug.

“Don’t hug Sungmin in public ever again,” it was Kyuhyun. “He doesn’t like being hug anywhere.”

Then he grabbed my hand and dragged me into our room, leaving Siwon surprised and confused.

The following days continued like that, Kyuhyun keeping me away from Siwon…

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Then one day…

The bell rang indicating that classes are over. I picked all my things and put it inside my bag. I was about to leave when someone blocked my way. It was Siwon.

“Can we talk Sungmin?” I was surprised by his serious look on his face.

“W-What is it Siwon?” I asked him, but he just turned around and walks, as if saying ‘let’s go somewhere we can talk by just the two of us.’ I was left with no choice but to follow him.

We went up to the school’s rooftop. I remembered the day I confessed to Siwon. It was similar to this scene. Just like before, it’s just the two of us. The only difference is that it was him that invited me here this time.

“What is it Siwon?” I asked him again. He’s facing back at me. But he then turned around to speak.

“Do you like Kyuhyun?”

My eyes widened by his sudden question. Instead of answering me, he gave me another question.

“Do you like Kyuhyun Sungmin?”

“W-What do you mean Siwon?” I asked him again. Then he went silent, but spoke again a minute later.

“I think he likes you… a lot,”… “That’s why he’s trying to keep you away from me.”

So he noticed that?  Well, it’s obvious in Kyuhyun’s actions that he’s really trying to keep me away from Siwon…

“He takes you away every time he sees us close and doing some things together. It’s as if he doesn’t want me to get near you…like what a boyfriend would do…”

“M-Maybe you’re just thinking too much Si—”

“So do you like him Sungmin?” he asked me for the third time.

I just went silent. I don’t know what to say.

I couldn’t say ‘no’ because I like Kyuhyun. No, the truth is I love him. But I couldn’t say ‘yes’ either, I don’t want to hurt Siwon. He had hurt me before but I don’t want to use this time to make revenge to him. I know how it feels to be hurt, and I don’t want him to feel that.

“So you really like him…” he said when I didn’t respond to his question. He faked a smile. I don’t know how but I felt that he’s crying inside. Though he’s showing me a smile on his face, he’s trying to hide that he’s hurt.

“S-Siwon…” I don’t know what to say. I don’t know since I’m the one who caused his hurt feelings…

Then I heard someone called my name.

“SUNGMIN!” I turned around and saw Kyuhyun staring at the two of us. “What are you two doing here?” he’s talking to me but his eyes were set on Siwon’s direction.

“N-Nothing..! W-We’re just—

“We’re just talking about some private things Kyuhyun.” Siwon spoke before I could finish my sentence. “Some private things, meaning, just between the two of us.”

Kyuhyun’s eyes became glares that were set on Siwon. It’s obvious that he’s mad at Siwon.

“Oh, really?!” then Kyuhyun brought his arm around my shoulders, and continued. “And what are these private things?”

I could feel the tension occurring between these two people with me. I tried to stop them before anything might happen.

“H-Hey guys, c-calm down, ne? K-Kyuhyun, Siwon and I we’re j-just—”

“That’s none of your concern Kyuhyun,” then Siwon took his eyes from Kyuhyun and looked at me. This time, his face looks calm, and naturally smiling. “Sungmin, I don’t know if something’s already occurring between you and that person, but I want to tell you one thing…”

I felt Kyuhyun’s grip on my shoulder went tighter upon hearing Siwon and also, when Siwon ignores Kyuhyun’s presence.  I eyed Siwon, telling him to stop what he’s about to say, but he kept on speaking.

“I love you Sungmin. I’ll never give up until you fall for me too… I’ll do anything to replace that person in your heart.”

Then he walked away from Kyuhyun and me. Kyuhyun felt mad after hearing Siwon, but me, I was very surprised after hearing Siwon’s resolve…

*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

A/N: Kyaa~! I envy Sungmin! Being loved by two cute guys with amazing voices… /laughs/ So who will it be? Siwon? Kyuhyun?

The end is near! Finally! Please look forward to the next chapter ne? ^___^