Chapter 20

My Heart Beats*

Sungmin was staring blankly outside the window while all his classmates were chatting and talking. While they're busy with gossips and other things, he's mind is also busy thinking about the things that happened between him and Siwon, but most of all, Kyuhyun. He let out a huge sigh upon remembering what the latter last said to him.

"I guess I'll give up and just let you be with him."

Again, he starts sighing deep. "Just why did I not let myself talk? Aish. I'm such a babo," as he cutely hits his head. He's still thinking of those things when he heard his classmates starts screaming from the outside.

"ARE THEY REALLY DATING FOR REAL?!? OMO! THEY'RE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PAIR!" one of his classmates said. The curious boy Sungmin is, he tried to look outside as well what is happening. And then he saw Kyuhyun walking with Seohyun beside him, and her arm is clasped around Kyuhyun's.

"Is it true Seohyun-sshi? You and Kyuhyun are really dating?" one of Seohyun's friends, Taeyeon, asked.

"Yeah, he asked me out last night. And guess what? He said he wants me to be his date on the coming prom!" Seohyun proudly told her friends. She looks so happy telling them about her and Kyuhyun. While Kyu's just silently listening to them cause he's wearing earphones.

Sungmin looked puzzled upon hearing Seohyun's declaration. He tried to look at Kyuhyun in his eyes, to confirm if what she's saying is real, but the latter just ignored him. "Is this your proof that you'll let me be with Siwon," he quietly thought as he starts to walk away. He's not in the mood to stay for class anymore.

----------------------------------------------

"What?! You must be kidding! Kyuhyun won't do such thing!" Kibum said on the other line. Sungmin stayed on the park and called his cousin to tell him what he witness earlier in school.

"I thought he can't do that too. But he's there, and he didn't say a thing when Seohyun announced it," he just finished crying and now his eyes are starting to get teary again.

"Aigoo, I'm sorry hyung," the other one on the line don't know what to say anymore. "After school, let's go out tonight and let's drink!"

Sungmin sniffed to stop himself from crying anymore, he shook his head. "Nope, I don't want to drink. Besides, you can"t drink yet you child!" he laughs a bit. "I'm still older and what happened today is not a reason to be drunk. I'll just stay at home and I'll study. I missed my class afterall. Bye."

And he ended the call.

--------------------------------------------

"I THOUGHT YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO DRINK TONIGHT?!" Kibum chuckles as he handed Sungmin the drink that they ordered.

"Shut up," he grabs the drink and Kibum laughs at his reaction. "And do you really have to shout? I can hear you so shouting is not really necessary." And he starts drinking.

"We're in a club so I thought you can't hear me," he replied. He looked around the place. Everyone looks happy dancing while he's there, sitting and drinking while thinking of Kyuhyun. Yes, he can't take the younger off his mind. That's why when Kibum kept insisting to go the club, he just agreed. He wants to forget his problem with Kyuhyun, and he thought drinking might solve it. But no, the truth is, he's more bothered as the guy is the only thing that keeps running on his mind.

"Come on, hyung. Let's dance too!" Kibum dragged him onto the dance floor, maybe because of the alcohol, he let him. Sungmin starts dancing too as one random guy holds him on his waist and dances with him.

He already had too much alcohol and he's not a heavy drinker, so he just let the other holds him closer and dances with him. Sungmin notices that the guy starts pulling him even closer and his hands starts to roam around his body, and he's about to push the guy when he heard him screaming in pain. He look at the guy in front of him and the guy is already kneeling down, holding his arm.

 

"Don't you try to get near him again or you'll regret it," said a voice to the guy, and everyone's surprised on what happened but most of all, Sungmin's shocked to see him standing next to him, and pull him out from that place.