Chapter Nine

The Ring of Fate...

Shin Hye notice that the car has stop and she look up to see. We are here, Keun Suk said and got out of the car. She quickly check herself in the mirror and got out of the car to help Keun Suk to carry the grocery. Keun Suk Oppa, I’ll help you… It is alright, let’s go in. She walks behind him into his house and was greeted by his butler. Good Afternoon Young Master Keun Suk… Oh Butler Kim, this is my friend Shin Hye. Good Afternoon Young Mistress Shin Hye, he greeted her… Good Afternoon Butler Kim, you can just call me Shin Hye, she said and smiles sweetly. Your mother is in the garden having her afternoon tea, would you like me to inform her that you are back? It is okay, I can go over myself, please help me to keep this in the kitchen for her. Keun Suk passes the bags of groceries to him and walks away as Shin Hye follows him behind looking around his house. It is as big as hers but it is more on the modern style while her house was more on the victoria style.

Omma, I am back… Keun Suk calls out to the lady sitting outside at the garden. Oh, you are back, she stood up quickly and looks at Shin Hye. He notice his mother was looking at Shin Hye who was behind him and he gesture for her to his side. Omma, this is Shin Hye, Park Shin Hye… Yong Hwa’s cousin… Good Afternoon Mrs Jang, nice to meet you, she greeted and bow. Oh you are such a beautiful girl… Come let’s sit down together with me for afternoon tea my dear… Erm, thank you Mrs Jang, she smiles shyly at his mother… Aigoo, don’t need to be so formal… Erm… Sorry Ahjumma… Come come, sit down with me… His mother was happily talking to Shin Hye that she forgotten Keun Suk’s presence. He clears his throat and look at his mother feeling kind of upset. Oh Keun Suk, come sit down together with us… He pouted and sat down next to Shin Hye as his mother already let Shin Hye sits beside her… I have bought this for you, hope you like it… Shin Hye pass the box of pastry to his mother… Oh, you need not have to, that is so sweet of you, she said while holding on to Shin Hye’s hand and pat her hand gently… Let’s eat together, Keun Suk do you mind getting some plates and forks over for us? He looks at his mother in disbelief then stood up and walks off.

How could my mother do that… She treats Shin Hye likes a daughter rather than me as her son now… Didn’t even realize that I was there just now while she is talking happily to Shin Hye… Aish… Keun Suk said to himself and pouted like a little kid. Meanwhile his mother was still happily talking to Shin Hye and she was still holding onto her hand. So you are in the same class with Keun Suk, Yong Hwa and Hong Ki? Did the boys bully you? Yes, we are in the same class, they treated me very nice… Really even my son, his mother asked in surprise… Keun Suk Oppa has been helping me a lot since I join the class… His mother looks at Shin Hye with her eyes full of shine and smiles happily… You know what, you are the first girl he brings back home, I always thought that he does not like to talk to girls… I am so happy to see you here now… Shin Hye was caught by surprise at what his mother had just said… Keun Suk Oppa is very popular among girls in school but he always ignore them… They were happily talking and then Keun Suk came back looking at Shin Hye with a frown as he sits down…

His mother opens up the box and turns to Shin Hye… This is my favorite cake, I really love it, thank you so much my dear… Oh, really… I did not know which one to choose so I pick the ones that my mother and I always eat… Really? I thought Keun Suk told you, she looks at him… No, she bought it before I could see it, he said. You are really such a sweet girl, your mother must have love you a lot… I hope to have a daughter like you too… Omma! Keun Suk calls out to her to stop her from the topic as he notice the change of expression on Shin Hye’s face as she looks down… He hinted her to stop but Shin Hye notice it and felt awkward. It is okay Keun Suk Oppa, I am fine, she gave him a weak smile… Omo, did I say anything wrong my dear? She asked Shin Hye as she looks at her with a worried expression… No, it is alright Ahjumma… My mother had passed away three years back, she said while trying hard not to break into tears in front of Keun Suk’s mother… Oh, I am so sorry my dear, please forgive me for asking, his mother said and hugs Shin Hye as she gently pat her back… Keun Suk was surprised at how his mother reacted, he clear his throat again to get attention. Let’s eat the cake first… Oh yes, the cake… The three of them sat there and ate together.

Omma, we have to do our project first… Keun Suk said as he sees his mother talking to Shin Hye nonstop even after finishing the cake. Oh, please go ahead then, I better not keep you up… Remember to come down for dinner later… Alright Omma… He brought her to the second level into his room and she puts her things down onto the sofa. I’ll go and get the things first you wait here, he said and walks away into a door at the end of the room. She looks around his room and notice that his room was very big and spacious and unlike hers it was very empty. The bed was in the center, the study table was at the corner of the room and the tea table with sofa was near the door. His room was painted in blue and white which was almost the same as hers. She sat down and opens her bag to take out all the necessary things for the project and waited for him.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hope you all enjoy it... Please kindly wait for my next chapter... Comments please... ^^ ~Loves