Chapter Twenty Two

The Ring of Fate...

The next day morning, Keun Suk happily went down to the kitchen with his bag preparing to go to school. His mother notices the sparkle in his eyes and smiles happily… What makes my son so happy early in the morning, she asked as he approaches her. Oh, Omma… Good morning! He sat down with his mother and start eating his breakfast. Seems like my son is in love, his mother thought to herself and smiles happily. After eating breakfast, he drove to Shin Hye’s house and fetches her to school. As usual, the both of them join their friends and have lunch together. They try to avoid being lovey dovey in front of Hong Ki as they do not want to hurt him. A week has passed and they enjoy each other’s company as usual and learn more about each other… Keun Suk’s mother was very happy hearing the news of them being together and always asks Shin Hye to come over for mea

On a Sunday morning, Shin Hye went down for breakfast and saw her father sitting there reading his newspaper and drinking his usual morning coffee. Appa!!! She calls out to her father and ran over to hug him from the back. Oh my baby, he laughs and pats her… Appa, when did you come back? I came back last night but you were already asleep so I didn’t wake you up. Come, take a seat and have breakfast together with me, I have something to tell you, his face turns serious… She sat down and starts taking the toast putting spread on it… Appa, what is it that you want to tell me? She asked as she eats her toast while looking at her father. I need you to go with me for a dinner tonight to meet my long lost friend and his family, he said. Oh, that is good that you found your long lost friend Appa, she smiles at him happily. Yes, it is good but we used to make a pact together… Oh, what kind of pact? Don’t tell me it has something to do with me, she asked looking serious. Her father nods his head and she knew it was no good. But don’t worry, we are just meeting up as we just want to meet up with each other to have a meal. We won’t force the both of you to be together as I have told him that my daughter is in love with someone already. Oh alright then, she said feeling glad after what her father said. But she was confused, not knowing if she should tell Keun Suk about it but she didn’t want to disturb him as she knows that he slept very late last night as he message her in the middle of the night at 3am to inform her that he will not be meeting her today. So in the end, she did not inform Keun Suk about it and went for a afternoon nap after finishing her homework.

Her alarm rang at 4pm and she quickly wakes up and starts preparing for tonight’s dinner. She went for a shower and then came out to decide what to wear. Looking from left to right from her big wardrobe, a white dress caught her eyes. She took it out and change into it after that she starts putting on some light make up and then she curl and pin up her hair making her look elegant. When she was done, she check the time seeing that it was already 6pm, she took her phone and put it into her small clutch and rushes down. At the bottom of the stairs, her father saw his daughter beautifully dress and he smiles at her… Sorry Appa, are we late? He chuckles and shakes his head… My baby looks so beautiful, the boy might have a hard time later, he smiles at her. Am I overdress? No, no… My princess looks beautiful in whatever she wears… Let’s go now or we will be late… The butler bids goodbye to them as the driver droves them to the hotel where they are having dinner at.

Three person entered into the restaurant and they were lead into the VIP room. They will be here soon, the man said to his wife and son. The son was clearly unhappy being there but he had no choice as he didn’t want to make his parent unset. Omma, you sure about what Appa say? The son looks at his mother with a worried look, she pats him on his hand and smiles. Don’t worry, Appa will not force you as the girl also has someone she loves, we are just meeting up for dinner since they have not made each other for so long. Suddenly a knock came at the door and it opens up with the manager bowing at them. Sir, the guests are here… His father stood up and walks over to the door hugging the man who walks in, they could not see who he was and he turns his attention to the girl behind whose head was looking down. He looks at her curiously and found her looking familiar… Then he saw a glance of the man whom his father hugs. Shin Hye, he calls her name out and she looks up. They were all surprised seeing each other…  You know each other? His father asked and look at them curiously… Omo, so this young handsome man is your son, her father said. Ahjussi, Keun Suk quickly greets and bows at Shin Hye’s father… Good to see you again young man, he laughs happily… Oh yes, this is my precious Shin Hye, he introduces her. Good evening Ahjussi, I am Shin Hye, nice to meet you, she greets and bow in respect. You are sure a beautiful young lady, come let’s sit down and have dinner… She gladly nod her head and walks towards to his mother. Ahjumma, she calls her and hugs her happily… They then sat down at the table together and get ready for their dinner. Keun Suk and Shin Hye sat down opposite each other no knowing what to say.

So how did you get to meet my son, he ask his friend curiously… Maybe you should ask your son, he laughs and looks at Keun Suk… I believe the young man has something to say… Keun Suk smiles and nods his head. Appa, Shin Hye is the girl that I love, even without your pact, I will still be loving her always… I guess it is fate that brings us together, he said and walks over to Shin Hye’s side. He took out something from his pocket and open up his palm, Shin Hye was shocked to see it, she took it up and see as tears well up in her eyes… Oppa, how… Where… Why… She didn’t know how to start asking… Baby, you remember you bump into someone at the airport when you first arrive here in Seoul? She tries to recall back and suddenly her eyes widen up. It was you! Yes, it was me, he took it from her and put on the necklace for her… So I guess the pact is still on then, his father said and smile happily. They had dinner together happily and talks about all the good old times they had. Suddenly his mother brought up the topic of marriage. So when are the two of you getting marry? Keun Suk choke on his water and Shin Hye blushes while looking worry at him. Omma! He calls out to her also with a red face. The two of you are in love, and with the pact that both your father made, I guess it is nothing wrong with it… We are still studying you know... But the two of you can get engage first you know, I really love Shin Hye to be my daughter in-law, she said happily. Omma, don’t be so nosy, you are scaring her away like that, he said looking worried… Yes, they are still studying but I would be happy to see them getting engage first, her father said happily… Appa, she calls him and blushes like tomato. Let’s get this done then. Cheers to our children’s engagement! His father raises his glass up and together with his wife and Shin Hye’s father they waited for the two of them to raise their glasses. Cheers!

 

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Another chapter dedicated to all my faithful readers who have been waiting for so long... Loves ya all lots!!! ^^