Chapter Eighteen

The Ring of Fate...

Good evening Young Mistress Shin Hye, you are back early, Butler Li greeted and bows… Yes, I brought my friends back, this is Keun Suk Oppa’s cousin, Uee. Uee smiles and waves at Butler Li. Good evening Young Mistress Uee, he greets her… They walk into the living room where her father was sitting down and reading his newspaper… Appa! She called out to him and he puts the newspaper down and stood up. Oh, you brought a friend back, he asked as he looks at Uee. She is Keun Suk Oppa’s cousin, Uee, Shin Hye introduces her to her father. Good evening Ahjussi, Uee greets and bows… Oh, nice to see you here, he said and smiles. Then the three of them came walking from behind together towards them… Good evening Ahjussi, they greeted and bow together… Omo, so many of you are here today, he laughs happily… So how was the dinner and movie my girl, he asked her… Hong Ki and I ate dinner together then the rest of them joins us for movie after that as I thought the more the merrier, Shin Hye said happily. Her father caught a sight of disappointment on Hong Ki’s face from the corner of his eyes…

Come on, let’s sit down and have a chat together, he gesture for them to sit down together. The guys sat together on one of the sofa while Shin Hye and Uee sat together with him on the other side… So all of you are in the same school and class? No, Uee is in another major, Shin Hye answered… Oh, what major are you in Uee? I am in fashion and design, she said. No wonder you look like a model, so you and Shin Hye have the same talent… Shin Hye is a model too, I didn’t know that, Uee said as she looks at her. Appa, you don’t have to tell that to everyone, Shin Hye said as her face blushes… Omo, I didn’t realize it, Uee said… I didn’t know that too, why you didn’t tell us, Keun Suk asked… I didn’t want to let the whole world know, Shin Hye said and laughs. They sat there and chatted happily together until it was almost midnight then they went back home. After sending them out, Shin Hye saw her father looking at her suspiciously. Is there some sort of things between you, Keun Suk and Hong Ki, they seem to be the same… What do you mean Appa? You know what I mean princess, he smiles and sat down… She let out a sigh and sat down onto the sofa next to her father…

Appa… She said and hugs him while leaning her head on his shoulder… My princess seems to be in love now, he laughs and pat her gently… Appa, how could I do that to Hong Ki, I can’t bear to break his heart… He is a precious friend to me but I didn’t realize that I was more than a friend to him… I can’t be selfish towards them, it is now causing tension among them and I really hate myself for causing it… Appa, what can I do??? Shin Hye begins to tear and hugs her father tighter… Silly girl, sometimes you have to be selfish in love, I know you don’t want to break his heart but the earlier you let him know, the faster he can recover from the heartache… You can’t keep Keun Suk waiting for so long too you know… She looks up at him and sigh again… I know that he is the one for you since the first time I saw him here, he is really a fine young man… I don’t know Appa, I don’t know since when this type of feelings came into me and took my heart away… It is time for you to learn how to love someone, you are a grown up already, you will turn out to be a fine young lady like your mother one day… He took his daughter’s hand and held it while patting her gently…

The next few days, Shin Hye try to find chances to talk to Hong Ki but he seems to be avoiding her… One day after class, she told Keun Suk to wait for her at the car as she ran out to chase after Hong Ki. Hong Ki! Wait a minute! She calls out and runs over to stop him by grabbing onto his arm. Oh Shin Hye, what is it, I am kind of busy this few days you know, he tries to said it with a laugh but his face was emotionless… Hong Ki, I know you are trying to avoid me but please hear me out, she said while pulling him to a corner where there were lesser people around. Both of us knows each other since young, you know you are important and precious to me Hong Ki… But I didn’t realize that you treated me more than a friend Hong Ki… I am sorry to say this to hurt you but I can’t Hong Ki, I can’t be more than a friend to you… I know that princess, Hong Ki said and looks down sadly before walking away but she held onto him… Hong Ki, please don’t go away like that, Shin Hye said as her tears round down her cheeks… Hong Ki got a shock to see her crying and he quickly wipes away her tears… Why are you crying princess, please don’t cry, he said looking worried… I don’t want to lose you as a friend Hong Ki, she sob and said… I won’t leave you… Even though we can’t be lovers but you will always be my princess and I will always be here for you no matter what… But I just need time to let you go now, so please don’t cry or else I will feel guilty for making you cry… She nods her head and wipes her tears away trying to smile at Hong Ki and he pulls her into his embrace hugging her tight… Remember that Shin Hye, whatever it is I am always here for you, he whispered into her ear.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Enjoy it! Please comment yupx... Loves~