Senorita

•°★°• So Nyuh High •°★°•

So Nyuh High: Term One

Senorita

 

“I hope the teachers are nice here. Can’t let my grades slip, I need to get into the top university because Hyomin’s definitely going to get in there.” She sighed. “Why is she so freaking smart?! She doesn’t even study that much! All she does is play computer games all day long. ARGH!”

 

There I was, taking off my helmet, fleeting thoughts passing through my mind. Then I felt it. That feeling of being watched. I had an uncanny sense for these sort of things. I took my time to keep my helmet and gave my beloved bike a quick wipe like I always did.

 

Someone is definitely watching me right now.

 

I peeped into the rearview mirror of my bike and saw her. Her big round chocolate brown eyes were unmoving and absolutely fixated on me.

 

Gosh, this is creepy. Although, looking on the bright side, she is rather cute.

 

I chuckled to myself, a cheeky thought sneaking into my devious mind. So in one sudden movement, I spun round to face the petite brunette and gave her the most seductive wink I could muster up at that moment before turning away and walking towards the main building. I resisted the urge to turn round to check out her reaction to that wink but I allowed myself to giggle to my heart’s content.

 

I was about to forget about the whole incident as I strolled down the corridor in the main building, when I noticed a huge poster that hung down the side of the wall. The poster pictured a pretty girl who looked very familiar.

 

Oh! That’s her! How interesting… that staring girl is the female lead of last year’s musical. She must sing really well then.

 

My interest in that girl went up a notch and I made a mental note of her name.

 

Taeyeon, what a nice name.

 

My curiosity was piqued.

 

Why was she staring at me?

 

I would find out one day but right then, what I really needed to do was to find out where the heck my class was. I decided to stop someone to ask for directions.

 

“All seniors are on the third floor. Just head up the stairs around the corner here and you’ll find it real easily.”

 

“Thanks!”

 

After climbing up the stairs, I finally saw my class just across from the top of the stairs. There were only a few people in class so I took the liberty to pick the best seat in the house – the seat in the middle of the last row – and plonked myself on the chair. I made myself comfortable, folded my arms and closed my eyes. And it wasn’t too long till I dozed off while waiting for class to begin.

 

I had no idea how long I had dozed off for but I was awoken by a resounding slap on my arm.

 

“Oww!” I yelled, causing curious heads to turn.

 

Nearly jumping out of my skin at the rude awakening, I looked up at the girl who had slapped my arm and found myself on the receiving end of the iciest cold glare I had ever experienced.

 

“YA!” said the girl fiercely. “Move it. This is my seat.”

 

I shivered even though I wasn’t cold at all. That pair of eyes seemed to freeze the air around it and I was definitely intimidated by it. I squirmed a little in my seat before I uttered my apologies and scooted two seats away from her.

 

Whilst gently rubbing my smarting arm, I sneaked a peek at the girl who scared the living daylights out of me. Long, luscious light brown curls streamed down her back. She was dressed simply yet stylishly and it didn’t take a fashionista to tell that her clothes were by no means cheap. Her brown leather Mulberry bag was thrown carelessly on the floor at her feet as she sat down, crossing her legs and leaning forward on her elbows. Her eyes were most enchanting yet her gaze was as cold as steel. I shuddered again upon remembering that look from moments ago.

 

A sudden hush fell over the class. A teacher had walked in with a file in his hand. His eyes scanned the room and fixed his gaze on the girl who had asked me to move. He smirked and said, “So, our dearest Jessica Jung. You have decided to turn up for class I see.”