Eternity

•°★°• So Nyuh High •°★°•

 

So High 08:4

~ Eternity ~

 

 

After what seemed like eternity, Yuri spoke up.

 

‘I know I promised you a last date and kiss… but…’ She fell silent, unable to continue.

 

‘But you can’t bring yourself to do it.’ Hara completed her sentence. ‘You’ve changed so much Yuri. I feel like I don’t even know you anymore.’

 

‘Is it a good change or a bad change?’ Yuri asked anxiously.

 

Hara smiled sadly. ‘It’s a good change. Sadly… one that I will not get to enjoy. In a way… I would say that Yoona is better for you than you are for her.’

 

Yuri laughed. ‘Oh… you have no idea. I’ve put her through so much. Her life was sweet and innocent untli she met me.’

 

‘It was the same for me, you know…’ Hara sighed. ‘Yet… I can’t stop wanting you. I guess it’s the same for Yoona.’

 

‘Hara…’ Yuri couldn’t find the right words to say.

 

‘Shh.’ Hara shushed Yuri, shaking her head. ‘Not a word more. I know. I’m very thankful that you gave me this one last date. It makes me feel so much better… you have no idea.’

 

‘Anything to help.’ Yuri looked really sorry. It was plain for all to see.

 

Hara smiled. ‘Yuri… we’re still friends aren’t we?’

 

‘Yes we are.’

 

‘Then you can cross the road and pick up your girlfriend. She’s hiding just around the corner.’

 

‘Huh?’

 

Hara laughed. ‘I just spotted her. I saw her head stick out from around that corner. It looks like she’s eager to have you back.’

 

Yuri turned around just as Yoona’s head popped out again. Shock, panic and embarrassment registered on her face as she quickly hid herself again, hoping that Yuri had not seen her even though she knew otherwise. Yuri grinned.

 

‘Bye Hara… Friends forever babe!’

 

Hara smiled and nodded. ‘Bye Yuri.’

 

Yuri turned around and jogged to the spot where Yoona was hiding. The younger girl was covering her face with her hands when Yuri found her. She couldn’t resist laughing at her embarrassment. She pried Yoona’s hands away from her face and grinned at the blushing girl. Then she planted the biggest, sloppiest kiss on Yoona.

 

‘I’m all yours now baby.’

 

Yoona threw her arms around the older girl and squeezed tight. ‘I’m so glad that you’re back and you’re mine again.’

 

Just as they leaned towards each other to kiss again, they heard a loud screeching sound of tires fighting the road and the desperate sound of friction trying to stop all movement. A huge commotion ensued. Yuri caught sight of a flash of blue lying on the road. All blood drained from her face in a nanosecond. She found herself sprinting towards the scene of the accident and there she stood… shell-shocked from the view that greeted her – Hara lying in a pool of blood. She crumpled onto the ground, having lost all strength in her limbs. She remotely noticed Yoona hovering over her, asking her questions that she couldn’t hear.

 

She didn’t know what was wrong with the world anymore.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Yoona wished she could make Yuri feel better but she couldn’t. Yuri was oblivious to everything around her, including Yoona. The world was a mad, crazy scramble with bystanders, police and the ambulance arriving on the scene. Hara was loaded onto the ambulance and sent to the hospital on the double.

 

Yoona grew anxious and worried as Yuri stood frozen stiff, completely rooted to the ground as all of these happened around her. She despaired at Yuri’s lack of response so she called for help.

 

‘Sunny! Help! Hara’s gotten into an accident and Yuri isn’t talking to me at all… she’s just stuck here… frozen stiff like a piece of wood…’ Yoona broke down and cried as she spoke to a very stunned Sunny.

 

‘W-Where are you guys? I’ll come over to you.’

 

Jessica stood up and walked to Sunny as soon as she heard the tone of her voice. Something was very wrong. ‘What’s wrong?’ She mouthed to Sunny.

 

‘Okay. I got it. Stay put and we’ll come and get you.’

 

Sunny put the phone down and turned to Jessica, trembling from the shock. ‘H-Hara’s been in an accident and now Yuri is in great shock. She’s not responding to Yoona. We’ve got to get over to them fast.’

 

Jessica nodded. ‘I’ll drive.’

 

Sunny smiled gratefully at Jessica as the older girl squeezed her shoulder, comforting her.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Sunny jumped out of the car and ran to Yoona who was squatting beside a sobbing Yuri. The younger girl was clearly in despair as she hugged the older girl as tightly as she could. She looked extremely relieved to see Sunny running towards her. A wan smile broke across her face as Sunny squat down to hug her. Jessica stood by, ready to help. She smiled at her too.

 

‘Thanks Sunny. Thanks Jessica.’

 

‘Don’t worry about it.’ Jessica smiled kindly at the younger girl. ‘I’m glad to help.’

 

Sunny hoisted Yuri up. ‘Yuri… you’re scaring Yoona… sobbing like that. I know what you must be feeling now but we got to be strong for our friends. Yuri…’ She wiped the tears off the taller girl’s cheeks. ‘Be strong now Yuri. Jessica will drive us to the hospital and we’ll find out how she’s doing okay?’

 

Yuri managed to nod in response. Sunny nodded at Jessica who headed to the car immediately. Sunny and Yoona supported Yuri and made their way to the car as well. Once they were loaded onto the car, Jessica drove off and before they knew it… the hospital loomed up in front of them.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

‘We are her friends. Her family isn’t in the country right now.’ Sunny looked at Jessica worriedly. ‘I could get her parents on the phone if you need to speak to them.’

 

‘Yes, please do. We need her family’s consent to proceed with certain procedures.’

 

Sunny whipped her phone out from her bag and made the call. ‘Hara omma? I’m Sunny. Yes… I’m sorry but I need to tell you that Hara has just been in an accident.’ She winced as Hara’s mother screamed in shock. ‘Hara omma… please you need to speak to the hospital about some procedures they need to do… can you manage that?’

 

She listened as Hara’s mother breathed deeply, trying to stay sane for the sake of her daughter.

 

‘Alright, I’m ready. Put me through.’

 

Sunny passed her phone to the nurse who started explaining Hara’s condition. From what she could hear… it sounded rather serious – life-threatening serious. Oh no. She looked to Jessica who held her hand firmly, assuring the younger girl that she would be there to go through it all with her. Sunny smiled warmly at Jessica, grateful for the support that Jessica was giving her during this difficult time. She tiptoed and planted her lips on the older girl’s cheek.

 

‘Thank you for your help.’ The nurse handed the phone back to Sunny. ‘We can proceed now.’

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Sunny was huddled up with Jessica on the seats in the waiting area as was Yoona and Yuri. There was nothing to do but wait. So wait they did… for hours on end. Jessica headed out to get some hot drinks for them which they sipped gratefully. By then, Yuri had recovered from her shock. She was now terribly worried and anxious but it wasn’t half as scary as she was before which was a huge relief for Yoona. She never left Yuri but held her hand and hugged her ever so frequently, supplying never ending care and concern for the older girl.

 

Yuri was thankful for Yoona’s company. She didn’t know what she would have done without Yoona, Sunny and Jessica.

 

‘Hey, thanks you gals… for helping me out so much today.’

 

Sunny and Jessica shook their heads. ‘We understand.’

 

‘Yuri ah, Hara’s my friend too you know… I’m just as worried for her as you are. I would have done it all just for you anyway.’

 

Yuri teared, feeling touched by the immense support her friends were showering on her. ‘You gals are just great. I wouldn’t know what to do without you.’

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

After what seemed like eternity, the doctors came out of the operating room. The girls rushed to them, anxious to know if Hara was alright.

 

‘She’s lucky. She’s going to be alright. We just have to let her sleep off the anesthetics and she should be fine when she wakes up. We’ll send her for more scans when she’s up to check up on other parts of her body but she’s fine for now.’

 

Yuri sank to the floor in relief and hugged Yoona as tears of relief wet her cheeks. Sunny sagged into Jessica’s arms and buried her face in the older girl’s chest.

 

‘Oh man… I’ve never felt more relieved in my entire life.’ Sunny mumbled as Jessica smoothed her hair comfortingly.

 

Jessica drove all of them home, promising to come around to pick them up tomorrow to go to the hospital together.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Jessica looked at Sunny with concern etched across her face. ‘Are you alright bunny?’

 

‘I’m just tired out after that emotional rollercoaster ride that’s all.’

 

‘Come… I’ll make you feel better.’ Jessica took Sunny’s hand and led her to the bathroom. She stood in front of Sunny and ed her blouse and jeans, tugging them off and dropping them on the floor.

 

Sunny laughed softly. ‘If you want me to feel better I think you should be taking off your clothes and not mine.’

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. ‘Stop being so byun for once will you? I was only going to give you a bath.’

 

‘But you’d have to get in with me so you have to take your clothes off too.’ Sunny’s eyes twinkled mischievously as her fingers began to do the talking, deftly undoing the buttons of Jessica’s blouse and jeans.

 

‘I was going to take them off by myself but I’m fine with you doing it for me.’ Jessica laughed and shook her head at her byun girlfriend.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Sunny closed her eyes and let the almost scalding hot water wash away her worries, anxiousness, fear and uncertainty as it ran down her body. She immersed herself into the pool of Jessica’s tender loving care as the older girl rubbed shampoo into her scalp, massaging her head in the process of washing her hair. Jessica then squirted bath gel onto her hands and proceeded to rub Sunny down at every part of her body – neck, shoulders, arms, chest, , legs… back to the … chest… lingering… … mmm

 

‘Didn’t you ask me to stop being a byun?’ Sunny asked cheekily. ‘Why are you so much pussie?’

 

Jessica blushed. ‘Ya… stop calling me pussie will you? I get funny thoughts in my mind when you do.’

 

‘I know.’ Sunny giggled. ‘I know.’

 

Jessica smacked Sunny’s making the younger girl yelp in surprise. ‘That’s for calling me that disturbing name on purpose.’

 

Sunny giggled. ‘I think I should use it more if you’re going to react this way every time.’

 

‘Ya! Sunny Lee Soonkyu!’

 

The blonde laughed out loud. ‘Alright, alright… but what are you going to do now that you’re already ?’ She pressed her body into Jessica’s, allowing the older girl to feel the softness of her bosom against her bare skin.

 

Jessica’s eyes twinkled merrily as she raised her hand, showing Sunny a peace sign with her fingers. ‘I’ll let them do the talking.’ She laughed and grabbed hold of Sunny as the younger girl squealed in excitement and arousal.

 

It was one heck of a ‘hot’ bath if I may say so myself.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

It seemed like eternity as they waited for Hara to open her eyes but she eventually did and they had to restrain themselves from screaming out loud as they were in a hospital.

 

‘Hara! You finally awake again! Gosh… this is great!’ Sunny grinned, her eyes shining with exhilaration and immense relief.

 

‘Sunny…’ Hara smiled weakly at the jubilant girl. ‘Where’s my girlfriend? I want to see her.’

 

‘Huh? What girlfriend?’ Sunny was clueless.

 

‘Ah! Yuri! Come over here!’ Hara called weakly but one could still hear the utter joy in her weak voice.’

 

Yuri was by her side in an instant, utterly thankful that she had survived the ordeal and was now awake but she wasn’t prepared for what came next.

 

‘I need your kiss now.’ Hara closed her eyes and waited.

 

Yuri stood frozen, unsure of what to do. She eyed Yoona worriedly. Yoona was just as shocked as her.

 

Hara opened her eyes when her kiss didn’t come. She pouted. ‘What kind of lousy girlfriend are you? I need my girlfriend to kiss me and assure me that everything is okay. Babo ya!’

 

‘Girlfriend?!’ Everyone in the room chorused in shock.

 

Hara looked at them, puzzled by their reaction. ‘What’s wrong? Yuri is my girlfriend… isn’t she? Oh and who are these two people? I’ve never seen them before. Who are they?’

 

Yuri looked at Sunny and Sunny looked at Yuri. Holy crap