A Day To Remember

•°★°• So Nyuh High •°★°•

So Nyuh High: Term One
A Day To Remember

 

“Come on, let’s go already!” whined Yoona as she tugged at Sooyoung’s arm. Sooyoung was gazing at the hotdog stand longingly.

 

“How about a hotdog before we go on the rides?” asked Sooyoung hopefully.

 

“Nooo! I’m dying to go on the roller coaster already! T-Express, here we come!!!” yelled Yoona. She was completely ecstatic about riding T-Express, the world’s steepest wooden roller coaster.

 

They got into the queue which was rather long, something to be expected of since it was a major attraction of the park.

 

“Have you seen Hyo in school yet?” asked Sooyoung casually, “I think I’m gonna join her dance club by the way.”

 

“No, I haven’t seen her in school at all. She’s so busy with the dance club being the president and all. Besides, she will have plenty to do since she’s only just been appointed the president. The official handover will be next Tuesday, their usual practice day.”

 

“Which club are you going to join?”

 

“I’m thinking about it.”

 

“What’s there to consider? Surely you’re gonna be in the track and field team? You may not be as good as me but you’ll still win us some medals,” said Sooyoung in a mock-serious tone.

 

Yoona stuck her tongue out at Sooyoung and slapped her arm. “If only you could run as fast as you eat, we would be in serious medal contention here,” laughed Yoona, throwing back her head with wide open.

 

“Why you little punk!”

 

Sooyoung grabbed Yoona by swinging her arm around her neck and proceeded to ruffle her hair with ferocity. Yoona squealed in protest and tried to wriggle her way out of Sooyoung’s arms to no avail.

 

“Alright, alright, I was so wrong! You run as fast as you eat!”

 

Sooyoung grinned triumphantly and let her go. “You bet I do!”

 

Yoona laughed and tried to pat her hair back into place. Sooyoung looked at her, grinned and helped her with her hair. As Sooyoung ran her fingers through her hair to untangle them, Yoona felt a sudden rush of blood to her head. She blushed, bright pink and breathed a little faster than before. A tingle ran down her spine and she felt an onslaught of goose bumps all over her body. Meanwhile, Sooyoung had successfully neatened Yoona’s hair and was now looking at the queue in front of them.

 

“Hey! It’s our turn soon!” cheered Sooyoung. She turned around to flash Yoona a huge, cheeky grin, “I love it that you love roller coasters as much as I do. Most of my friends are terrified of this ride and I had no one to ride it with till I met you!”

 

Yoona giggled. “We are the roller coaster couple then!”

 

“Haha! You always say the dorkiest things, Yoongie,” said Sooyoung with a smile, “Roller coaster BFF! Very cool.”

 

“Shall we take the front seats?” asked Yoona.

 

“Of course! The best seats in the house belong to us.”

 

Within minutes, they found themselves seated and strapped into the front seats of their favourite roller coaster.

 

“Here we go!” yelled the both of them at the top of their voices, not feeling in the least bit afraid.

 

It was a whirlwind ride and the two of them got off laughing happily.

 

“Another round?” asked Yoona, her eyes gleaming.

 

“You bet!” replied Sooyoung and they went for round two.

 

After going on several other rides, Sooyoung’s stomach started to growl really loudly. She pouted and pointed to her tummy sadly. Yoona smiled and nodded.

 

“YAY! Let’s go!” said Sooyoung, pulling the younger girl along with her.

 

“Three hotdogs for me and one for her please,” said Sooyoung to the hotdog stand seller. The seller eyed Sooyoung, looking uncertain about the order. Yoona stifled a laugh and spoke up, “Don’t worry, she can finish all three of them.

 

Moments later, Sooyoung patted her tummy with satisfaction. “Definitely still my favourite hotdog stall in the whole wide world!” she proclaimed with gusto. Turning to Yoona, she asked, “What would you like to do next, my princess?”

 

Yoona giggled and said, “Let’s go to Caribbean Bay now.”

 

Sooyoung nodded in agreement and they headed to the water park for more fun and games. “You are so lucky to have an uncle working for Everland. These free passes are the best!”

 

“You are lucky too.”

 

“Me? Why?”

 

“Cos you have me to bestow a free pass on you.”

 

“HAHA, you know, you’re right! I’m lucky too,” said Sooyoung, putting her arm over Yoona’s shoulder, “BFF!”

 

Yoona smiled at Sooyoung but wondered if that’s all Sooyoung thought of her. She had mentioned ‘BFF’ a couple times today and for some reason, it had made her feel a little down. She wanted it to be MTF (more than friends) at the moment. But she shrugged off the negative feelings, determined to enjoy her royal date with her prince charming. Smiling even wider than before, she held Sooyoung’s hand and pulled her into the changing room.

 

“I wanna do the Boomerango and the tube slides!” said Sooyoung excitedly.

 

“I’m with you on that,” replied Yoona in a slightly dazed tone. She was trying not to stare at Sooyoung’s marvelous figure but it was a really difficult thing to do. It wasn’t just Yoona who was looking. Everyone around them was checking out Sooyoung but the tall girl was too oblivious to the stares and looks of envy casted on her by other girls. Towering at 170 centimeters tall and slightly tanned, her endless legs had always been the envy of other girls.

 

The queue for the Boomerango moved fast, so it wasn’t too long before they found themselves in a tube, sliding about.

 

After going on a few more tube slides, they decided to head to the indoor adventure pool where they could chill in the water. Yoona the prankster started her antics when they got there. It began with a splash of water on Sooyoung’s face and soon, they were splashing water at each other until Sooyoung tried to stop her by grabbing her from the back. In that instant, they were in a tight embrace, skin to skin. Sooyoung panted heavily, her stamina no match for Yoona’s. And as Sooyoung’s chest heaved, Yoona was suddenly made aware of the embrace she was in and the body contact with Sooyoung became a little overwhelming. She blushed and tried not to think about it but to no avail.

 

To make things even more overwhelming for Yoona, Sooyoung whispered something in her ear in a low, y tone. Yoona was having a difficult time focusing on what Sooyoung was saying until she was shaken by Sooyoung violently.

 

“ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?” yelled Sooyoung.

 

“Uh-h, yes, yes, I am.”

 

“Good, then you can tell me if you want an opportunity to talk to that hunk over there. He has been checking you out for the past ten minutes.”

 

“W-wah? Who? Where?”

 

Sooyoung fanned her flustered face and cooed, “Relax, you’re acting like no one has ever checked you out before. Look at the guy at your three o’clock.”

 

Yoona looked out of the corner of her eyes and saw a tall, dark and handsome guy winking at her. She blushed instantly. Sooyoung laughed at her shyness and waved for the guy to come over. He smiled and walked towards them, his hands in his pockets.

 

“Hi girls, I’m Taecyeon,” said the hunk in a voice that was as good as his looks. He extended his hand and offered it to Yoona. She blushed but politely shook it briefly. “The two of you are besties right? I’m here with a couple of my friends too. Wanna join us for some fun?” he offered a handshake to Sooyoung as well.

 

“Sure, as long as they are as hunky as you are,” joked Sooyoung, winking at him before releasing his hand.

 

His smile lighted up his face and made him look like a puppy. “Birds alike will flock together,” he bantered, returning her wink.

 

Yoona observed this interaction quietly. She wasn’t happy about having the extra company. All she wanted was to have Sooyoung all to herself for the day. She tugged at Sooyoung’s hand and shot her a look. A slight, subtle shake of the head was all Sooyoung needed to know of Yoona’s wishes.

 

“We birds can flock together another time then.”

 

“Aww, I thought we had a chance here.”

 

“You sure do, just not today. Call me and we can always arrange something some other weekend.”

 

“Cool, what’s your number?”

 

Sooyoung gave him her number and he saved it in his phone.

 

“I hope we’ll meet again.”

 

Taecyeon waved and returned to his friends.

 

As soon as he left, Sooyoung turned to Yoona and asked, “Why didn’t you want to join them? They looked like a lot of fun.”

 

“Because.”

 

“Because?”

 

“I wanted it to be just the two of us today.”

 

“Haha! Sure thing princess, it’s your bet that you won.” Sooyoung reached out and ruffled her hair. “You’re so cute today. It’s almost as if you were my girlfriend or something. Too bad you’re not my cuppa tea babe,” she teased.

 

Yoona in her breath sharply and looked Sooyoung in the eye.

 

“Was that a joke or were you serious?”

 

“Huh? Woah! Why so serious, Yoona?” Sooyoung looked a little taken aback. “I don’t know, I guess I was half-joking on that one.”

 

“So what’s your cuppa tea then?”

 

“Hmm… Someone petite, shy and gentle. HAHA, everything you’re not!” teased Sooyoung.

 

Yoona felt like she’d been struck by lightning. She smiled quickly, not wanting Sooyoung to realize that she was upset. Forcing a bigger grin onto her face, she replied, “Yeah and my cuppa tea is someone who has fantastic stamina, is totally sporty and has my looks too. HAHA, everything you’re not!”

 

She wanted it to sound like she was joking but it came out a little too strong and Sooyoung’s tone changed a little.

 

“Yoongie, are you mad or something?”

 

“No, I’m not.”

 

“You sound mad.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Aww, come on… I was kidding, you know that right? You’re my favourite friend in the whole wide world! Yoongie ah~” proclaimed Sooyoung loudly in her aegyo voice, attracting some strange stares from people around them.

 

Yoona didn’t know how to react to the sudden aegyo from Sooyoung. She scratched her hair awkwardly and nudged Sooyoung.

 

“Aish… stop your loud aegyo. People are looking!” said Yoona, her face turning red from embarrassment.

 

Sooyoung looked around and giggled. Unlike most people, she was immune to embarrassing situations such as this one. Looking at Yoona’s reddening face however, she decided that it was best to stop in case Yoona got upset again. In any case, Yoona didn’t seem to be upset anymore. She put her arm over Yoona’s shoulder, slapped her numerous times and dragged her backwards to the sauna to chill out before heading home. Yoona squealed and slapped her arm, laughing at Sooyoung’s antics.

 

All was good again.