Memories

•°★°• So Nyuh High •°★°•

 

So High 08:5

~ Memories ~

 

 

Yoona gaped at Hara who looked innocently at her. She stepped forward and introduced herself.

 

‘Hi, I’m Yoona. We’ve met before.’

 

‘We have?’ Hara showed no signs of remembering any of it.

 

Yuri and Sunny got over their initial shock and turned to Hara.

 

‘Hara… do you remember what happened to you? Do you know why you’re in a hospital?’ Sunny asked gently.

 

‘I remember crossing the road but I don’t really remember what happened next. I heard some screams and lots of loud noises but that’s about all I remember.’

 

‘And you don’t know who Yoona is?’

 

‘No…’ Hara looked cluelessly at Sunny. ‘Am I supposed to know her, unnie?’

 

Sunny nodded. ‘Yes… but don’t worry about it. You’ve just woken up and you’re still very weak. Don’t put a strain on yourself.’

 

Just then a doctor and nurse entered the room.

 

‘I’m afraid all of you have to leave the room for a while. We need to check on her.’

 

The four girls nodded and left the room after giving Hara reassuring smiles.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

‘What are we going to do now?’ Yuri looked at the other three girls worriedly. She took Yoona’s hand into hers, intertwining their fingers. Yoona held Yuri’s hand tightly. She couldn’t put her finger on the feelings that surged through her presently. Fear? Nerves? Relief? She looked at Yuri. Nothing she was feeling could be worse than Yuri’s… that much she knew.

 

‘We should try not to stress her out? We need to find out more from the doctor.’ Sunny spoke wisely.

 

Jessica stood slightly behind her, holding her hand firmly. Sunny felt that much braver because of Jessica’s presence and she was grateful for that. They waited outside for the doctor to ask him about Hara.

 

Moments later, the doctor stepped out of the room with the nurse behind him.

 

‘Doctor, we are Hara’s friends and we would like to find out if she’s okay.’ Sunny stepped forward towards the doctor.

 

‘She’s weak but she’s fine. She had some internal bleeding which was dangerous but we’ve stopped it and she’s recovering now. She won’t be leaving her bed anytime soon however if that’s what you’re asking about.’

 

‘Doctor, Hara seems to have forgotten some things.’

 

The doctor raised an eyebrow. ‘Are you talking about memory loss?’

 

‘Yes.’

 

‘That occurs to some victims of road accidents. It’s a result of trauma. Her head wasn’t injured in the accident so we know that she doesn’t have any head injuries. In her case, it could be a post-traumatic syndrome whereby the recent memories leading up to the accident get blocked out by her mind.’

 

‘I see. Will her memories come back?’

 

‘It depends on each individual patient really. Some recovery their memories real quick while some lose their memories permanently.’

 

‘Oh.’ Sunny shot a worried glance at Yuri to see how she was taking to the news. ‘Well, that’s all we needed to know I guess. Thank you Doctor.’

 

‘You’re welcome.’ The doctor smiled and gestured for the nurse to follow him.

 

As the doctor and nurse walked down the corridor away from Hara’s room, the four girls remained silent, looking at each other.

 

‘Hara thinks that I’m still her girlfriend.’ Yuri’s voice was barely audible. She looked at Yoona. ‘What do I do now?’

 

‘I think you should try to stay away from Hara for a while.’ Sunny offered her opinion. ‘It won’t do her any good to have you around, thinking that you’re her girlfriend when you aren’t. I can take care of her… and I’ll have to call Hyuna to let her know as well.’

 

‘But… she’ll want to see me. She would want me to be near her…’ Yuri frowned.

 

‘We’ll see if we can break the news to her. It’s not fair to you or Yoona or her if she continues to think that you’re her girlfriend. But we shouldn’t tell her now, given that she’s still rather weak.’

 

Yuri heaved a heavy sigh. ‘I guess you’re right Sunny. I’ll stay away for a couple of days then. But if she really wants to see me… let me know. I don’t want her to be upset.’

 

Sunny nodded. ‘Yes, of course. I better call Hyuna now.’

 

Yuri looked at Yoona. ‘We should leave before Hyuna comes. She’s not going to be happy about this.’ They waved goodbye to Sunny and Jessica and left.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

‘Where’s Yuri?’ Hara looked behind Sunny only to see Jessica and not Yuri.

 

‘She can’t stay.’

 

‘Why not?’

 

‘She’s got her school stuff so I convinced her to go and get those done before coming back to see you.’

 

‘Oh… well… yeah I wouldn’t want her to mess up on school.’ Hara beamed. ‘Thanks Sunny.’

 

‘Hara… you should rest. You’ve been in a car accident and your body is still weak. We want to see you make a speedy recovery.’

 

Hara smiled and nodded. ‘Okay, I’ll rest.’

 

The younger girl closed her eyes and Sunny pull the sheets up to cover her properly. When she was sure that Hara had fallen asleep, she nudged Jessica and they left the room quietly.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

‘Hyuna… please sit down.’

 

‘Why?’

 

‘Don’t ask. Just sit down. Now.’

 

Hyuna sat down, albeit very cluelessly.

 

‘What’s up Sunny.’

 

Sunny took a deep breath. ‘Hara got into a car accident.’

 

‘WHAT?!’

 

‘She’s fine. She’s weak but she’s fine. The doctor said that she’s in no danger and she just needs to rest and recuperate.’

 

‘OH MY GAWD.’

 

‘We’re going to visit her again tomorrow. Would you like to go with us?’

 

‘Yes! Of course!’

 

‘There’s one thing you need to know Hyuna…’

 

‘What is it?’

 

‘Hara… lost some of her memory.’

 

‘WHAT?!’

 

‘She can’t remember recent events and… she thinks that Yuri is still her girlfriend.’

 

‘Holy crap.’

 

‘Yes… that’s what I thought too.’

 

‘So what do we do?’

 

‘We will play along for a few days. When she’s stronger physically… we’ll have to tell her the truth.’

 

‘No… she’s going to get hurt again. We can’t do that.’

 

‘Hyuna… Yuri can’t act like her girlfriend for long. If Hara doesn’t get her memory back, we can’t lie to her forever, can we?’

 

Sunny heard Hyuna sighing heavily over the phone. She knew that the younger girl was thinking things through.

 

‘You’re right… I see what you mean.’

 

Sunny smiled. ‘Good. I told Hara that Yuri is busy with her school stuff. I asked Yuri to stay away for a couple of days.’

 

‘Unnie… I trust that you know what is best for both Hara and Yuri. I’m too emotional right now.’

 

‘I understand. Try to get some rest Hyuna. We don’t want to visit Hara tomorrow looking terrible… do we?’

 

‘No we don’t. Unnie…’

 

‘Hmm?’

 

‘Do you think Hara can get her memory back soon?’

 

‘I hope so Hyuna ya… I hope so…

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Jessica wrapped her arms around Sunny’s shoulders and pulled the shorter girl close to her. Sunny melted into the hug, her worries ebbing away temporarily, her muscles relaxing and she sagged into Jessica’s embrace. With Jessica around her, she didn’t have to be strong all the time. She could be weak, and needy, and clingy and… she raised her chin and kissed Jessica’s neck.

 

‘Thanks pussie.’

 

Her lips tickled Jessica as she murmured her thanks. Jessica smiled.

 

‘You’re so nice to hug, bunny. I could do this all day.’

 

Jessica propped her chin on Sunny’s head and rubbed her hands up and down her girlfriend’s back.

 

‘Mmm…’ Sunny mumbled and buried her face into Jessica’s luscious locks. She was too tired to carry a conversation and Jessica’s embrace was simply heavenly.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

‘Yuri…’

 

‘Yes?’

 

‘What happens if Hara doesn’t get her memory back for a really long time?’

 

‘We do as Sunny says. We tell her the truth when she’s stronger.’

 

‘But she’s going to be very sad.’

 

‘Yoona ya… you are so kind.’ Yuri hugged the younger girl, pressing her body against hers, feeling her warmth comforting her in a way only she could.

 

‘I don’t want you to hurt Hara. You will feel guilty and unhappy if you do.’

 

‘Yoona… I won’t hurt Hara. But if her memory doesn’t come back… she has to know. Sunny is right. We can’t live a lie Yoona. It’s not fair to anybody. Besides, are you sure you can bear watching me treating Hara like a girlfriend? Can you imagine seeing me kiss Hara?’

 

Yoona’s eyes grew big and woeful. ‘No.’ She shook her head violently. ‘No, I can’t.’

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

‘Fany!’ Sooyoung’s face lit up as she saw the girl in school.

 

Tiffany, however, wasn’t quite as happy to see Sooyoung as Sooyoung was to see her.

 

‘Hi.’ She replied rather curtly.

 

‘Fany, I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were behind the counter.’ Sooyoung put on her best remorseful look, hoping to be forgiven.

 

‘Hmph.’ Tiffany grunted disgruntledly.

 

‘And look! Look at what I made for you!’ Sooyoung held up a pretty little pink box in front of Tiffany.

 

The shorter girl couldn’t help feeling curious. ‘What is it?’

 

‘It’s a present for you.’ Sooyoung grinned sheepishly.

 

‘It’s for me? Aww… Sooyoungie.’ Tiffany smiled and took the box. She pulled the ribbon loose and opened the box to see what was inside. She grinned from ear to ear when she saw the heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies. ‘Did you make these?’

 

‘Yes.’ Sooyoung pointed at them eagerly. ‘See? I cut them into heart shapes!’

 

Tiffany laughed. ‘Yes I can see that.’ Her eyes twinkled.

 

Sooyoung planted a quick peck on Tiffany’s cheek. She looked at Tiffany hopefully. ‘Forgive me… please?’

 

Tiffany planted a lingering kiss on Sooyoung’s lips, surprising the girl very much. ‘It wasn’t your fault. It just wasn’t fun to hear you dissing my efforts.’ She smiled widely. ‘You’re forgiven.’

 

Sooyoung cheered, attracting the attention of some other students walking by and Tiffany slapped her arm shyly.

 

‘I’m really touched that you went to all that trouble for me, by the way.’

 

Tiffany pouted. ‘You better be.’

 

‘I ate them all after you left.’

 

Tiffany gasped and her jaw dropped. ‘What? You ate them all? Didn’t you say that they taste horrible?’

 

‘They were delicious because you made them.’

 

Tiffany laughed and shook her head. ‘Thank goodness I got to hear your true opinion on them. I’ll keep on trying to make them.’

 

‘We can make them together. I can teach you how.’

 

‘Okay! Let’s make them together!’ Tiffany smiled happily at the taller girl.

 

‘You haven’t eaten the cookies I gave you yet. Go on… try one!’ Sooyoung urged Tiffany.

 

Tiffany popped one into and chewed. Her eyes opened wide and she nodded vigorously. ‘Wow, it’s delicious!’

 

Sooyoung swelled with pride and patted her chest. ‘I’m not just good at eating… I’m good at cooking too!’

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Taeyeon grinned from ear to ear. She had just recorded her first song in the studio. She took the headphones off and stepped out of the recording room. She walked to where the sound engineer and producer sat to listen to her recording. The producer had sung her praises all through the recording session. He was in love with her voice.

 

‘You have the best voice I’ve heard so far in this studio.’ The producer had said.

 

She blushed at his compliments and praises and was even more determined to do her best.

 

‘Thank you for your guidance.’

 

The producer chuckled. ‘I enjoyed recording for you very much. I’m looking forward to recording your next song.’

 

Taeyeon blushed a deeper red and bowed respectfully before leaving the studio. She fished her phone out from her bag and texted Sunny immediately.

 

Taeyeon 17:20

I just recorded my first song in the studio!

 

Sunny 17:25

Great! I can’t wait to hear it.

 

Taeyeon 17:29

I’ll bring the mp3 to school tomorrow. You can listen to it then.

 

Sunny 17:35

I can’t wait! (:

 

Sunny grinned and prodded Jessica’s thigh excitedly. The older girl was lazing on the couch with Sunny, reading a book, when she felt Sunny’s finger prodding her thigh. She looked up from her book and raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

 

‘Hmm?’

 

‘Taeyeon just recorded her first song! She’s going to let me listen to it tomorrow!’

 

Jessica smiled warmly at Sunny. She was glad to see that Taeyeon and Sunny had managed to remain as friends after breaking up. Ever since that awkward dinner, Taeyeon had begun opening up to Sunny again. They grew less and less awkward with each other which was good, considering the fact that they had to do a musical together. However, despite everything she told herself, she couldn’t help feeling a little jealous when Sunny was excited about Taeyeon. It seemed as though they were a couple all over again and Jessica knew that she would have to deal with that. She had encouraged the both of them to maintain their friendship and it would be ironic for her to be unhappy about it. Unfortunately for her, her heart wasn’t as logical as her brain.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Sunny squealed with excitement as Taeyeon handed her iPod to her. She put the earplugs into her ear and pressed the play button. Her ears were treated to a generous serving of the smoothest, most emotional and touching voice she had ever heard. When the song came into an end, her eyes were glistening with tears. She threw her arms around Taeyeon and hugged the slightly taller girl.

 

‘I’m so moved by your voice and so glad for you… glad that you are another step closer to achieving your dream.’

 

Taeyeon smiled and patted Sunny’s back. The hug had shocked her but it felt good. Almost like old times… almost.

 

Jessica felt her heart pinching as she watched them hug. On one hand, she was glad… on the other… she had to deal with the flames of jealousy nipping away at her insides. At times like these, she let her poker face take over. The face that betrayed nothing, gave away nothing… that unreadable look.

 

Taeyeon, however, knew how to read that look. She pulled Sunny away gently and smiled warmly. ‘I’m glad you like it and I’m even happier to know that my song touches you.’

 

Sunny brushed the tears from her eyes and turned to Jessica excitedly. She handed the iPod to the older girl and put the earplugs on for her. Jessica closed her eyes as the most soothing voice took over her senses and caressed her most gently. As the song progressed, she began to understand why Sunny had gotten so emotional over it. She was also on the verge of tears herself – the song was so heart wrenching and Taeyeon’s voice so moving. She opened her eyes when the song ended. Her eyes were glistening as she too, hugged Taeyeon.

 

‘It’s simply beautiful Taeng. Beautiful.’

 

‘Thanks Sica.’ Taeyeon hugged her friend just as tightly.

 

Sunny started hopping around excitedly. ‘Woohoo! We’re going to have a friend-turned-superstar! You’re definitely going to be famous Taeyeon!’

 

Taeyeon and Jessica looked at the very exuberant Sunny hopping around and laughed out loud at her cuteness.

 

‘Sunny… just like a bunny…’ Jessica laughed and shook her head at Sunny’s cute antics.