Cappuccino Ice Cream

•°★°• So Nyuh High •°★°•

So Nyuh High: Club Week

Cappuccino Ice Cream

 

It was Sunny’s Saturday off and she was hanging out with Hyomin at her own apartment. After the near-fiasco on the first day, she didn’t want to run the risk of being late for school again. So, she had requested to move into a small apartment near her school. Her parents were reluctant to give her permission but her aegyo won the battle as usual. Her father especially, had a very soft spot for his third daughter and her aegyo would be his Achilles’ heel for life.

 

She was reading a history book and trying not to think about Taeyeon and that kiss while Hyomin was tackling yet another insane Math question. She looked up from her text book with a sigh and leaned over Hyomin’s shoulder to peep at what she was solving.

 

“Eww, Calculus?”

 

Hyomin nodded.

 

“If that’s what you have to do in university, then I don’t wanna go.”

 

Hyomin jabbed her bruise with her elbow.

 

“Oww! I was just kidding!”

 

Hyomin grinned and finished solving the question. After snapping her book shut, she turned around to face Sunny who was lying flat on the couch with her eyes closed. She rested her head on Sunny’s tummy and closed her eyes. Sunny petted her head and ran her fingers through her hair absentmindedly as she relaxed on the couch. The two friends stayed quite still, enjoying the peace and quiet together. Then Sunny asked a question.

 

“Hyomin-ah, am I falling in love again?”

 

“Soonkyu-yah, I may be entering SNU (Seoul National University) in a couple of months but I’m the same age as you, remember? Besides, I may be a Math and Science genius, but I know nuts about love.”

 

Sunny giggled, “Yes you are anything but a genius when it comes to love. I remember how you rejected that poor guy who offered you a cup of cappuccino at the café last week. You and I are like integration and differentiation. I’m sorry. You’d better try somebody else. HAHAH – ”

 

Sunny stopped laughing and lifted her arms instinctively to block the pillow that was almost in her face. Then she felt an onslaught of tickles all along her most sensitive side. Hyomin had slipped her hands under Sunny’s loose-fitting top and attacked her most ticklish area with her nimble fingers.

 

“Ah, no, no. Stop. Stop. Ahh! Stop! YA! HYOMIN! Please stop! Okay! Okay, you win. I won’t mention it again. Promise.”

 

Only then, did Hyomin stop tickling her.

 

Sunny pulled her top back down and slid off the couch to sit beside Hyomin. She drew her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs. Hyomin draped her right arm over her shoulders. She leaned on Hyomin and rested her head on her friend’s shoulder. They stayed in that position in silence till Hyomin broke it by saying, “You know, if you had to ask that question then you’re probably on your way to falling in love already.”

 

Sunny sat up and looked her friend in her eyes.

 

“You’re right as usual. Only this time, it’s different. I only broke up with Sungmin three months ago and then I had to come back here. There are times when I still think of him and I’m even comparing how I feel with Taeyeon to how I feel with Sungmin!”

 

“Take it slow, Soonkyu-yah. Take it slow. Let’s go get some ice cream, shall we?”

 

Hyomin patted her head fondly and smiled.

 

Sunny nodded her head and brightened up instantly.

 

“I want strawberry!”

 

“I want cappuccino!” said Hyomin in jest.

 

The two girls looked at each other, threw their heads back and laughed out loud.