New And Old

•°★°• So Nyuh High •°★°•

So Nyuh High: Term One’s End

New and Old

 

“Hey gals! Let’s head to the dance studio now! The dancers are showcasing their dances for casting in our next musical!” Tiffany announced excitedly to her friends. Taeyeon and Sunny looked excited but Jessica yawned.

 

“Sleepy Jessi, wake up and go with us,” Tiffany jabbed her sides with her fingers suddenly and Jessica nearly jumped out of her skin. She grabbed Tiffany’s hands in a flash and grinned most evilly. Tiffany shrieked and tried to escape but she was already under the attack of Jessica Jung’s nimble fingers.

 

Taeyeon looked at Sunny and said, “There they go again. Sica and Fany love to play with each other like that.”

 

“Jessica only smiles like that when she’s having fun with Tiffany,” Sunny remarked.

 

Taeyeon smiled and said, “Yeah, they are special friends.”

 

“Special?”

 

“You’ll know what that means one day.”

 

With that, Taeyeon slipped her hand into Sunny’s and tugged at her arm. “Let’s go to the studio!” she said and off they went to the dance studio to watch the showcase.

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

They sat in the row of chairs behind their seniors and Hyung Soo. There were a few teachers present as well. Shortly after they were seated, Jessica and Tiffany skipped in and sat beside them. Soon, the lights were dimmed and the showcase began.

 

They did five short segments of dances choreographed for the musical they were planning to stage.

 

Tiffany nudged Jessica. “Do you see that tall girl? She’s got some suave moves!”

 

Jessica looked at the tall, tanned and gorgeous looking girl who was working her moves on the floor. “She’s definitely gorgeous. I’ll give her that much,” she said, “but I don’t see how her moves are any better than the others. In fact, I think the petite girl with the long blonde wavy hair is probably the best dancer of the lot.”

 

Tiffany pouted and whispered, “You just have to like all the short blondes don’t you?”

 

“No, I don’t.”

 

Yes, you do.”

 

“No!”

 

“Yes!”

 

“N-“

 

“SHH!” Taeyeon shot them a death glare to shut them up.

 

Jessica and Tiffany folded their arms and sulked in their seats.

 

“They bicker then they make up. It’s a daily routine for those two,” Taeyeon whispered to Sunny while rolling her eyes at their squabble. Soon, the showcase was over.

 

“They dance so well! I envy their talent,” said Sunny, in an excited voice that was several pitches higher than her usual tone as they walked out of the studio.

 

“But you have talent too! In singing!” Taeyeon said quickly.

 

Sunny blushed at her compliment. Taeyeon nudged her playfully and giggled at her shyness.

 

“I wanna ride on your bike again.”

 

“To the lake?”

 

“Mmm…Let’s go down to the main street and grab a drink or something.”

 

“Okay!”

 

“Bye girls! See y’all tomorrow!” Taeyeon waved goodbye to Jessica and Tiffany. Sunny smiled and waved at them too.

 

“Bye! Have fun!” Tiffany winked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon blushed and turned away quickly.

 

Tiffany laughed cheekily and Jessica stared at her as if she were mad.

 

“Why are you laughing at nothing?” she asked.

 

Tiffany looked at her in disbelief and said, “You don’t know?”

 

Jessica brushed her fringe out of her eyes impatiently and said, “What?”

 

“You don’t know? How can you call yourself a friend if you haven’t sensed it yet?” Tiffany shook her head in mock disappointment.

 

“What? Tell me!”

 

“Our dear Taetae fancies Sunny.”

 

“WHAT?”

 

“You are unbelievable. All the signs are in your face every single day.”

 

“What signs? Are you serious?!”

 

“She smiles that dorky smile every time Sunny steps into class. She’s always sneaking peeks at Sunny when Sunny is doing her work. Not to mention how she literally endangered her own life when she invited Sunny to join us for lunch, knowing how much you dislike strangers joining us for lunch and lately, they’ve been doing their homework together after school at our club room. If those aren’t the signs, I don’t know what is.”

 

Jessica remained silent. She felt really shocked and stunned by this revelation. It was all coming together now. Yes, everything that Tiffany had just said made perfect sense.

 

“But how could she? Doesn’t Sunny remind her of you-know-who?”

 

Tiffany shrugged her shoulders.

 

“I haven’t asked her about that but I don’t feel like doing it either.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because she looks so happy these days.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah, I think she’s never smiled that charmingly until now.”

 

“This makes me feel so weird.”

 

“I know, so do I. Sunny really looks exactly like that girl doesn’t she? But she seems a lot nicer and we know that she’s definitely not after Taeyeon’s money.”

 

Jessica found herself nodding in agreement to what Tiffany had just said.

 

“There! See, you agree with me.”

 

Jessica sighed deeply. “I don’t want Taeng to be hurt again.”

 

“You’re a good friend Jessi. I love you and I don’t want Taeng’s heart to be broken either but she’s really happy right now. Let’s give her a chance, okay?”

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany for some time. Tiffany was right. She too had noticed Taeyeon’s change recently but she did not put the two and two together and had totally missed out on Sunny as the catalyst for that change. Reluctant as she was, she nodded her head slowly. Taeyeon deserved a chance with someone she liked. Tiffany eye-smiled and hopped up and down joyfully, clapping her hands like a seal.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Taeyeon really enjoyed riding on Sunny’s bike. It wasn’t just because she was riding on her dream bike – the 848 EVO. In fact, she couldn’t care less if it were a lousy broken down scooter or a rusty bicycle. She was happy because she got to hug Sunny real tight.

 

After riding on Sunny’s bike for the first time a couple of weeks ago, she had shamelessly asked Sunny for a ride almost every other day. And when Sunny asked her why she loved riding on her bike so much, she had told Sunny a half-truth – that the 848 EVO was her dream bike.

 

Time seemed to pass faster than usual when she was on Sunny’s bike and before she knew it, they had pulled up into a parking lot. They got off the bike and took off their helmets before heading down the main street in search of a nice coffeehouse.

 

As they strolled down the street, her arm brushed past Sunny’s several times. Each time they touched, her heart would skip a beat. She frowned and wondered why the cute girl beside her still wasn’t her girlfriend yet.

 

Am I stupid or what?

 

She was exasperated at herself, to say the least. Just then, a sweet voice broke into her thoughts.

 

“Taeyeonie!” She found herself drawing a sharp breath when her eyes met Sunny’s dancing ones. “Look at those peas! Aren’t they cute?” squeaked Sunny.

 

Taeyeon shifted her vision towards where Sunny was pointing at and saw the object that had excited Sunny. The peas were adorable indeed and just the right size to hug.

 

“They’re so cute!” exclaimed Taeyeon, breaking into a bright smile.

 

The next thing she knew, she was being dragged into the shop. Once inside, Sunny asked the salesgirl for the peas plush toy and paid for it even before she knew what was really happening. It only made sense to her when Sunny pushed it into her arms.

 

“I would like you to have it.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I like you.”

 

“HUH???”

 

“I mean, I like you when you smile. If the peas can make you smile like that, I’d like you to have the peas and smile all the time.”

 

Sunny’s face flushed into a bright pink colour and dodged her when she tried to look into the petite girl’s eyes.

 

“Look at me, Sunny, look at me.”

 

Sunny raised her head slowly till their eyes met. She took the chance and flashed a bright smile before lifting Sunny’s chin and kissing her lips in one swift motion. She felt Sunny’s resistance and attempt to pull away but she refused to let go, instead, clasped her head more tightly and continued the sensuous attack on the shorter girl’s lips. Gradually, she could feel Sunny’s tense body relaxing and she smiled in her heart. She could finally indulge herself and enjoy the kiss to her heart’s content. She was so into the kiss that she was oblivious to the cheering crowd that had congregated around her as she explored a whole new world with Sunny.

 

Taeyeon took her time to explore this new world. Sunny was shy but welcoming. Their interaction was mind-blowing to the both of them. Running out of breath, Taeyeon pulled away from Sunny’s lips and gasped for breath. She opened her eyes and looked into Sunny’s. Sunny was also breathing hard; trying to regain her breath.

 

The blonde noticed the crowd and blushed madly. Sunny hid her face in the newly purchased peas plush toy and Taeyeon grinned widely. She put her arm round Sunny’s shoulders and bowed to the crowd. They cheered again before resuming their travels and soon, the crowd had dispersed.

 

“The crowd is gone now, Sunny,” whispered Taeyeon.

 

Sunny took a big step backwards as she put the peas down. Her face was as red as a tomato and her eyes were roaming over the ground, as if looking for something.

 

Taeyeon fell a little bit more in love with her just by looking at her cutesy shyness. She stepped forward and closed the gap between them. “Forget about the crowd, it’s just you and me. I’m saying it right here and now, I like you too, Sunny.”

 

Before Sunny could react to that, she felt her chin being lifted again. Her eyes looked shyly into Taeyeon’s and she closed them slowly as her lips made contact with Taeyeon’s for the second time.

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

Taeyeon slipped her hand into Sunny’s. It wasn’t the first time she’d done it but it felt totally different from before. Their fingers intertwined naturally and their grip was comfortably firm. They swung their hands as they strolled back to Sunny’s bike.

 

“When did you start liking me?” asked Sunny curiously.

 

“I’ll tell you if you’ll tell me,” replied Taeyeon cheekily, moving her eyebrows up and down rapidly.

 

Sunny laughed softly but gave Taeyeon’s arm a slap. “When? I wanna know!” she pouted.

 

“Hmm… I’m not quite sure actually. Maybe it was from the first time I had slapped your ?” Taeyeon smirked and winked at Sunny seductively. “Or maybe it was from that wink you most devilishly unleashed on me?”

 

Sunny blushed furiously again and looked at the ground.

 

“I don’t even know why I did that! I wanted to dig a hole in the ground when I found out that you’d be in the same class as me!”

 

Taeyeon threw her head back and laughed heartily. “Your appearance in my class caused me a lot of emotional distress too, you had no idea then.”

 

“Oh, I remember you shouting something about my name on the rooftop. What was that about?”

 

The light in Taeyeon’s eyes flickered and went out for a spilt second but she recovered immediately and said, “That’s a story for another time okay? I will tell you about it.”

 

Sunny nodded understandingly.

 

They reached the parking lot and got to the bike. Just as Sunny was putting her helmet on, Taeyeon leaned forward and brushed her lips across Sunny’s. Then, she stood straight again, with an extremely dorky grin on her face.

 

Sunny blushed again and slapped Taeyeon’s arm. “Byuntae! Are you going to be stealing kisses from me from now on?!”

 

Taeyeon grinned evilly and whispered, “Oh and by the way, my nickname is ByunTae and that was stolen kiss number five.”