Kiss of Love

•°★°• So Nyuh High •°★°•

So High 07:6

~ Kiss of Love ~

 

 

Taeyeon walked slowly back to her room and sat down on her bed. The words of Ock Juhyun and Kim Youngmin reverberated in her ears incessantly. She couldn’t quite believe her ears or her eyes as she looked at the contract that she held in her hands.

 

This is what I dream of everytime I’m on stage.

 

O M G.

 

This is real!

 

She hugged herself excitedly. Then she called her parents.

 

“Mum… I have something to tell you…”

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Jessica sat on the side of Sunny’s bed and indulged herself. She stared at the soft, floppy blonde hair, the cute nose… the world class luscious lips…

 

Sunny’s words replayed over and over in her head.

 

I like you more than a friend would.

 

What did that mean? Was she still in love with Taeyeon?

 

You like me more than a friend? How much more?

 

What kind of ‘like’ would that be? More than a friend yet less than a lover? Somewhere in between?

 

I love you so much that it hurts.

 

Why is it you?

 

Why is it me and Taeyeon?

 

Tears welled up in her eyes again. She felt so trapped. They all were. Trapped in a web of emotions and unfortunate circumstances.

 

She was sure of one thing. So long as Taeyeon still loved Sunny… she would not take a step forward. Yet, they had kissed twice already while staying in the resort. Although it had been initiated by Sunny both times, she had responded; unable to resist her innermost yearnings.

 

What were those two kisses? They weren’t friendly kisses.

 

Jessica sighed. She didn’t have any answers. She made a move to get up but a hand grabbed on to her wrist and stopped her from standing. Sunny had opened her eyes and was looking at her intensely.

 

“What’s on your mind Jessi?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Liar.”

 

“So sue me.”

 

“Why can’t you be honest with me?”

 

“I am.”

 

“You’re not.”

 

“Fine. What did I lie about?”

 

Sunny sat up.

 

“Shall I list it all? You lied about the cream, your feelings about our first kiss, your feelings for me. Is that not enough?”

 

“What did you expect me to do? You were with Taeyeon and completely in love. I couldn’t very well just tell you the truth. What would that make me?”

 

“Well what about now? Things have changed. Why can’t you tell me the truth now?”

 

Jessica opened and closed it. She was at a loss for words. She couldn’t very well blurt out her deepest thoughts and fears.

 

I love you so much that I’m afraid that I would just die if you ever leave me for Taeyeon if she comes back asking for you.

 

I can’t handle losing you so I’d rather not have you at all.

 

Sunny wasn’t willing to let Jessica get away with silence.

 

“Why can’t you tell me what you are thinking of now? I’ve been completely honest with you so far Jessi. What are you hiding deep down inside?”

 

Jessica looked at her feeling cornered. It was at times like these that her self-defence mechanisms would take over her. It was at times like these that she often said things that she regretted deeply afterwards. And regret she did, right after saying the meanest thing she could conjure up in that split second.

 

Her face froze into the darkest winter night and her icy-cold eyes pierced right through Sunny’s soft and warm ones.

 

“Who are you to me? Who are you to ask me about my feelings? Don’t push your limits with me.”

 

She shook off Sunny’s hand from her wrist and stood up, leaving the room and a tearing Sunny behind.

 

Tears fell from her eyes like the heaviest summer rain as soon as the door clicked shut behind her.

 

Sunny… I’m so sorry. I can’t say…

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

I know that you love me. Why can’t you just say it?

 

I want to tell you that I have fallen in love with you too.

 

Sunny hugged her pillow and sobbed into it.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Jessica took her shoes off and walked along the beach, letting her feet sink into the soft, warm sand. She walked along the beach, kicking at the gentle waves that came back to shore.

 

Why am I so difficult?

 

She closed her eyes and sighed deeply. When she opened her eyes again she saw a little boy running towards her,. He stumbled and fell. She bent down quickly to pick him up. His face was scrunched up and he began to cry.

 

“Shh… little boy… it’s alright… don’t cry…” She cooed and brushed the sand from his hands gently.

 

“Thank you Miss.” A pretty woman smiled down at her. She stretched her arms out and the little boy ran into her arms eagerly.

 

“You’re welcome.” Jessica stood up and smiled warmly at the woman.

 

“What are you doing here alone Miss?”

 

Jessica smiled wanly. “I’m Jessica… I… just said something horrible to someone… so…”

 

The woman surprised her by hugging her with her one free arm.

 

“You’re such a kind girl… I can see it in your eyes and how you helped my son. Why would you say something horrible to anyone?”

 

Jessica teared. Her lips trembled. She didn’t trust herself to speak so she simply shook her head.

 

“Young girl… you obviously didn’t mean what you said… right?”

 

Jessica nodded her head, still unable to speak.

 

“Trust me when I say that you should go back and make things right again. You never know when you might lose that chance forever.”

 

Jessica saw pain flashing past in the woman’s eyes as she talked. She nodded in understanding.

 

“Good girl… now go… go back and make things right.”

 

Jessica turned and ran. She ran across the beach, back up the steps and across the pool area into the lobby of the resort. She sprinted up the stairs and back to their room. She flung open the door, panting like a dog.

 

“I’m sorry. Sunny… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean what I said.”

 

The sobbing blonde looked up from her pillow. The sight of Sunny’s tear streaked face made Jessica’s heart ache.

 

It’s because of me.

 

She walked to Sunny who was still sitting on the bed. She cupped Sunny’s face in her hands and swallowed the huge lump in .

 

“Sunny…” She stared deep into the glistening chocolate brown eyes. “I love you.”

 

She closed the gap between their lips and all her pent up walls came crashing down as she lovingly nuzzled Sunny’s trembling lips. She submitted to all her desires and innermost feelings as they bubbled up to the surface and manifested themselves in the deep, deep kiss. Tears streamed down both girl’s faces as they finally made the connection – the kiss of love.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Jessica and Sunny stared at each other. Both girls breathed heavily after their intense lip locking. It was overwhlemingly sweet for them as it had seemed so impossible just moments ago. Sunny smiled lovingly at Jessica as she wiped the tears off her cheeks with her thumbs.

 

“What made you come back and tell me the truth?”

 

Jessica’s eyes widened and she stood up with a jerk.

 

“Come with me. Quick.”

 

She grabbed Sunny’s hand and pulled the blonde out of the room with her. She ran back to the beach with Sunny following cluelessly behind her.

 

“Jessi… what’s going on?”

 

Jessica ignored her question and continued running. The woman was still there with her son who was now building a sand castle happily.

 

“Hello again…” panted Jessica.

 

The woman looked up and smiled when she saw Jessica with another girl.

 

“I see that you have made things right.”

 

Jessica smiled. “Thanks to your words of advice. May I know your name?”

 

“I’m Ock Ju Hyun. Nice to meet you.” The woman stood up and shook Jessica’s hand. She turned to Sunny and smiled kindly.

 

“You must be Jessica’s friend whom she said horrible things to?”

 

Jessica blushed while Sunny nodded cluelessly.

 

The woman chuckled. “Well, I’m glad to see that the two of you have resolved your problem.”

 

Jessica asked curiously, “Are you staying at the resort too?”

 

No, I live in a seaside house further down the beach. Say… how about you two join me for dinner one day? I’m planning to invite a guest for dinner and she is about your age too. I think she’d enjoy getting to know the two of you.”

 

“It would be our pleasure.”

 

“Here’s my card. I’ll fix the day for all of you to come and have dinner.”

 

The woman turned back to her son and continued building the sand castle with him.

 

“We shall leave you to enjoy your time with your son. See you soon!” Jessica bade goodbye to the woman who smiled and waved goodbye as well.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Sunny nudged Jessica.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Who was that? How did she know about us?”

 

Jessica smiled. “I met her while walking on the beach. She gave me some good advice and that’s what made me go back and confess to you.”

 

Sunny’s eyes opened wide. “Wow… I really have to thank her for her advice then.”

 

Jessica blushed.

 

“Jessi?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I’m hungry.”

 

Jessica laughed out loud at her cuteness. “Alright… let’s get some carrots for my hungry little bunny.”

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Yuri was looking at her calendar and plotting down training dates when she came to a sudden realization. She gasped.

 

Yoona looked up curiously.

 

“What’s up?”

 

“It’s Sunny’s birthday real soon.”

 

“When is it?”

 

“May 15.”

 

“What are you thinking of?”

 

“Let’s plan a party for her. That poor little girl has been through so much lately. She needs a nice little party to take her mind off things.”

 

“Oh… that’s a good idea. I’ll help!”

 

“Of course you will… you’re my girlfriend!”

 

Yoona giggled.

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

“Hyomin ah… I’m planning a party for Sunny. Are you in?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“Great! See you at my place on May 15.”

 

“Need my help?”

 

“Sure! Come by earlier and help us set things up.”

 

“Okay! See you!”

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

“Sooyoung ah…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“We’re planning Sunny’s birthday party!”

 

“Oh cool! Count us in. Me and Tif.”

 

“See you! It’s at Yuri’s place!”

 

“Okay!”

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Yuri paused and fell silent. She fiddled with the phone in her hand.

 

“Yuri?” Yoona called her, waving her hand in front of her face.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Why are you spacing out all of a sudden?”

 

“I was just wondering about Taeyeon. Should we ask her?”

 

“Oh. Good point. Awkward.”

 

 Yuri nodded her head in agreement.

 

“Let’s ask Jessica first and maybe she can decide since she’s closer to Taeyeon than we are.”

 

“Great idea!”

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

“Jessica… we’re planning a birthday party for Sunny.”

 

“Oh really? That’s cool.”

 

“So you will come?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Erm… actually… I wanted to ask you about Taeyeon. Is she good to go?”

 

“I’ll ask her.”

 

“Great! Okay… The party is at my place! See you there! May 15!”

 

“Okay… bye…”

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

“Sungmin… We’re planning a party for Sunny’s birthday… you in?”

 

“Sure! I’ll be glad to go.”

 

“Bring Leeteuk too.”

 

“Yup… I will!”

 

“Okay… see you at my place then. The party’s there.”

 

“Okay… see you soon!”

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

“Invites… check.” Yuri smiled.

 

“What’s next?”

 

“FOOD.”

 

Yoona grinned at that. “I couldn’t agree more.”

 

 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

 

Jessica stared at her phone for the longest time.

 

How do I do this?

 

A pair of arms slipped around her neck and Sunny’s face appeared by her side.

 

“Why are you staring at the phone?”

 

“Hmm? Oh nothing. Just spacing out.”

 

“Mmm…” Sunny looked at Jessica through eyes narrowed into slits.

 

“Why am I not convinced at all?”

 

“Because you’re thinking too much.” Jessica sneaked a quick peck on Sunny’s cheek and smiled.

 

“Well… today is our last day here… what do you want to do?”

 

“Laze around?”

 

Sunny laughed. “Okay… let’s laze around today. Where? The beach? I want to see you in that bikini again.” Her eyes glinted with mischief.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. “No. I’m not wearing it again. Have you forgotten about the two Japanese guys who were snickering at my the last time?”

 

“Aww… but I want to see your cute again… Jessi…” Sunny whined and pouted. Then her aegyo unleashed itself.

 

“Please… please… Jessi… “

 

“OH MY GAWD… OKAY… OKAY…” Jessica grabbed the bikini and trudged into the bathroom. “This is the last time I’m wearing this!”

 

Sunny shook her head and grinned cheekily.

 

Jessica stepped out in her bikini feeling totally awkward but Sunny perked up considerably upon seeing her in it.

 

Sunny whistled. “Such a cute !” She commented cheekily and lapsed into a giggling fit.

 

The older girl sighed. When it came to Sunny… she could do the most ridiculous things for her. She simply couldn’t get mad at her.

 

Sunny managed to stop giggling and got changed. They held hands as they made their way to the beach. They found a shady spot under a tree and lay down on a beach towel. There they were, side by side, their hands still clasped together as their eyes closed and their bodies relaxed to the hypnotic sound of the waves.

 

“Where’s your sister?” Sunny popped the question out from nowhere.

 

Jessica opened her eyes, surprised by the question. Sunny turned to look at her.

 

“You mentioned that it was you and your sister but I’ve never really heard you talk about her.”

 

“She’s studying in America. She lives in San Francisco.”

 

“Why aren’t you over there then?”

 

“My dad wanted me to stay with him. He’s always needed me more than her. Even when he was adopting us… he only wanted me but I clinged on to Krystal and refused to let go so he took us both in the end.”

 

“Does he dislike your sister?”

 

“Not really.” Jessica shook her head slightly. “He just doesn’t feel that he needs her to be around him.”

 

“Oh… that’s a little odd.” Sunny frowned.

 

“Yeah… I know… but I don’t question my dad’s actions. He adopted both of us together and I’m grateful enough for that. He gave us a life better than we could have imagined.”

 

Sunny nodded. “Yes… that’s enough to be thankful for. But you miss your sister, don’t you?”

 

Jessica closed her eyes and remained silent. Sunny looked at her and thought she looked pretty fragile.

 

She’s such so strong for friends but so fragile when it comes to her own emotions.

 

Jessica felt her arm being lifted and opened her eyes. Sunny had lifted her arm and slid herself under it, snuggling herself up to the older girl. Sunny’s arm then rested comfortably on Jessica’s bare waist.

 

Jessica couldn’t breathe so well with Sunny right under her nose. She swept the tuft of blonde hair covering her forehead aside and planted a gentle kiss on it. Sunny smiled to herself and tilted her head up to meet Jessica’s eyes. She puckered her lips and winked which sent Jessica into peals of laughter. Sunny joined her infectious laughter and the two girls rolled around on their beach towel, laughing their hearts out.

 

When their laughter finally died down, Sunny propped herself on her elbow and hovered over Jessica. Her arm wrapped round the older girl’s waist and pulled her closer before her lips descended upon hers. Jessica threw her arms around Sunny’s neck and pulled the blonde closer, deepening the kiss. Their legs got entangled as their bodies melded together completely

 

The sun set and birds flew across the orangey sky as the two girls spent the rest of the evening immersing themselves in their own lovely world, shutting out everything and everyone else.