Let's Try

•°★°• So Nyuh High •°★°•

So Nyuh High: Club Week

Let’s Try

 

Try-outs week came and Sunny was nervous. Taeyeon and Tiffany patted her back and told her to chill. Jessica was stoic as usual. There were a significant number of people trying out for the musical drama club as it had gained quite a reputation for putting up good quality productions.

 

Tiffany had grouped them into two groups – performers and crew. She had no problems sifting through the crew applicants by herself. She conducted her interviews at the backstage area whilst Kim Hyungsoo, the school’s music director, ran the vocalist auditions with two senior vocalists, Kwon Boa and Narsha.

 

“You know, I haven’t heard a voice as good as Taeyeon’s in this school for at least five years. What are our chances of hearing a good one today, you think?” Hyungsoo asked Narsha.

 

She smiled and said, “Who knows, but I hope we find someone special today.”

 

“Let’s begin. We have quite a few people to listen to today,” said Hyungsoo. He signaled Taeyeon to bring in the first auditionee onto the stage.

 

Forty minutes later, they had shortlisted three possible candidates to play supporting roles but they had yet to find another lead singer.

 

Soon, it was Sunny’s turn. Taeyeon gave her shoulders a tight squeeze and sent her out onto stage with a slap. Sunny took a deep breath and began her audition piece.

 

The moment she started singing, Hyungsoo nudged Boa and Narsha at the same time making himself look like a chicken flapping its wings.

 

Boa peered at his written comments and rolled her eyes smilingly – the right corner of lifting up slightly.

 

“I’ll bet you are only interested in her cuteness,” she whispered to Hyungsoo teasingly.

 

He nudged Narsha again and pointed at the words lead vocalist’. She nodded her head in agreement and he grinned from ear to ear.

 

“Thank you Sunny. That was wonderful. Next.”

 

Sunny walked to Taeyeon who was hiding behind the curtain with her jaw dropped and eyes opened wide in wonder. It was only when she saw Sunny turn towards her that she came to her senses and shut quickly.

 

“Sunny! You’re such a diva!” whispered Taeyeon excitedly, “I’m totally in love with your voice!”

 

Sunny blushed. “Thanks for the compliment,” she whispered, “Does that mean I did okay?”

 

The slightly taller brunette looked at her incredulously upon hearing her question.

 

“Did you do okay? It was way more than okay. It was awesome!” she whispered at the top of her voice. She gave the petite blonde a bear hug and kissed her cheek before letting go. “You’re so in!”

 

Sunny’s heart pounded wildly.

 

She kissed me!
 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

Hyoyeon was about to go bananas over the auditions for her dance club.

 

“Are there no good dancers left in this world?!” she whispered to Jung Ah, a senior dancer in her club. The other girl nodded and pointed at herself. She rolled her eyes and stopped the music. The group of auditionees left the stage in a buzz.

 

She sighed and waved the next group of auditionees in. They would dance to a piece of music in groups of five. The music was played and the group started to dance. There were no preset steps given; Hyoyeon wanted to see who had a good freestyle dance.

 

She spotted a tall, lanky girl hovering around the backstage, waiting for her turn.

 

That must be Sooyoung. Yoongie said that she’d be the tallest around here. Man, she wasn’t kidding about that!

 

Jung Ah nudged her and mouthed “Ste-pha-nie.”

 

She looked at the group and saw her instantly. Her moves were definitely a class apart from the rest.

 

“She’s in.”

 

She stopped the music and waved the next group in. She was expecting high standards from Sooyoung after hearing Yoona gush about her dance so much. Fortunately, Sooyoung did not disappoint. Her moves were sharp and to the point. Possessing a certain finesse, she looked sleek when she danced. Hyoyeon was happy with that.

 

“Guess we’ve got two new members already!”

 

They found yet another gem in the final group.

 

“Final addition, Hyuna. Okay, we have three. That’s enough.”
 

•°°••°°••°°•

 

Jessica sat through the sparring with her head propped up on her palms. She yawned several times and looked thoroughly bored. She wished she didn’t have to take in the boys from her father’s friend’s high school.

 

Her father had sat down with her one day before the new school year started.

 

“My friend asked me for a favour. His school’s Taekwondo club is falling apart without a capable leader and coach. He wants to send his boys over to So Nyuh High to learn the ropes from us. Choose a vice-president from amongst them and teach him what you know.”

 

Jessica didn’t really have much choice in the matter. Her father was the stern, no-nonsense type and he had always been tough on his two daughters, Jessica and Krystal. One of the reasons why she had been trained in Taekwondo since young was because of the tough discipline it enforced. It would also help her to defend herself from any potential troublemakers.

 

However, she was faced with a problem - handling a bunch of guys who were swooning over her from the moment they laid their eyes on her.

 

At the moment, they were busy sparring each other to earn their place as the vice-president which they also deemed as a real opportunity to get close to Jessica. She put in place a knock-out competition where the last man standing would be her vice-president.

 

There were ten guys sent over and the competition had progressed to the second round. Jessica scoffed at the standard of their sparring. She yawned again.

 

Thirty minutes later, only two guys were left standing. It was the final round. She watched with slight interest in this match. One of the guys showed some potential in his moves. She flipped through their application forms and found his. Lee Donghae.

 

“Mmm… he looks cute too…”

 

She studied his moves and decided that she had found her vice-president. The time was up and he had won the match anyway.

 

“All’s well ends well.”