Starting to open up... Thanks to You

Reaching You...

"I'm rooting for you" "Just keep smiling" are the words that kept going around in Sungmin's mind, all day and all night after talking to Kyuhyun. She couldn't help but smile whenever she thought about it. She still can't believe how open she was to him and how natural it was talking to him.

"Thank you, Kyuhyun-sshi. I'll do my best! Minnie-ah! You can do this! FIGHTING!!!" Sungmin kept repeating to herself as she started walking towards their school, hoping to come across a classmate that she can try to talk to.

On her way, just like she wished, she saw a group of her classmates passing by. She was trying her best to smile but as she said "A-a-a-annyeong-ha-se-yo..." with a quiet and barely audible voice, she could feel that her smile was barely natural, she was too nervous.

They could tell that her smile was way too forced and they just decided to say a short and quick "Annyeong" as they walked away from her, thinking that she wasn't sincere and she didn't really want to talk to them, that she was acting against her own will.

In truth, she was trying to be sincere, she was just too nervous to smile. It wasn't right to smile when all her thoughts were anxious and clouded by negative thoughts about how she would fail to get close to everyone.

She continued walkng, trying to compose herself after failing miserably. She saw another small group of classmates, but this time, one of them was Kyuhyun.

She approached naturally and tried her best to give yet another shaky greeting, then she saw Kyuhyun looking up at her, he didn’t give his signature glare, nor a smirk, he smiled a sincere and encouraging smile at her, as if telling her to just smile and go for it.

Sungmin tried her best to smile again, this time, her natural smile, she gave her most stunning smile as she greeted the group of boys from their class and they greeted her back naturally.

Sungmin was completely happy with that single incident, that tiny instance, in that simple greeting. She succeeded, she wasn’t her cold and quiet self who she always was with classmates, she was the natural and cheerful Sungmin and it’s all thanks to Kyuhyun. Though she was happy to smile at her classmates, she knew that that smile wasn’t really for them, it was for Kyuhyun and only for Kyuhyun. And Kyuhyun, on the other hand, he was happy for Sungmin, she was starting to open up, like a flower beginning to bloom. He was proud of her, but to be honest, he was feeling a tiny bit of jealousy. He was actually jealous of his friends over a simple greeting from the girl that he just found ever so interesting.

“You’re Lee… Lee… what was it?” a guy from the group said.

“Yah! Hyukjae, you don’t even know your classmate’s name, it’s Lee Sungmin.” Kyuhyun rudely said to his friend.

“Ah, that’s right! Sungmin-sshi! Wow~ our class rep is really good at his job.” Hyukjae teased Kyu

“Ofcourse I am! Ahahaha!” Kyuhyun proudly replied with his evil laugh^^

“Ah, by the way, Sungmin-sshi, this is Lee Hyukjae and Kim Jongwoon. They’re my friends” Kyuhyun introduced his friends after realizing they were forgetting about the other two people.

“Nice to meet you. And like Kyuhyun said, I’m Lee Sungmin.” Sungmin said formally and with a slight bow.

“You don’t have be so formal, Sungmin-ah, we’re all chingus here~ and you can call me Yesung, by the way.” The guy Kyuhyun called Kim Jongwoon said.

“Ah, sorry.^^ and you guys can call me, Ming or Minnie if you’d like.”

“Sure, Ming~.” Yesung said.

"And you can call me, Eunhyuk or even myeolchi if you'd like and you can call this guy "evil kyu"" Hyukjae said as he pointed to Kyu.

"Yah! Who are you calling evil, Lee Hyukjae?!" Kyuhyun said as he started strangling his friend.

Sungmin was really happy then. She was just smiling the whole time. 

Finally, people I can call my friends~ Thank you once again, Kyuhyun.

They walked together to school after that and as they got to the classroom. It was still a bit awkward, but it was enough for Sungmin. She was beginning to warm up to them. Sungmin made great friends in just a short while, all thanks to Kyuhyun and since her first friends in class seem to be close friends of Kyuhyun, it felt great, she’s getting a better chance to get to know the guy she now calls her “star”, the one she admires but can never reach.