I Want to Reach You...

Reaching You...

Author’s note:the pink font means Ming POV and the blue font means Kyu’s ^^

Sungmin took a seat at the back of the class, as she always had since her best and only friend left her… She didn’t want to be that way.. it just sort of happened… No one else would’ve wanted to sit next to her… that was all she thought.. She was still not used to life without ________. It was different, no one to lead her, no one to speak up for her… so she decided to just remain quiet and be the invisible girl again.

The school bell rang…

The class stood and greeted the teacher.

“Good Morning class, before we begin, how about we introduce ourselves first?”

Each student introduced themselves confidently… while Sungmin quietly said her name. It was fine since no one was trying to listen either. She was comfortable that way. She thought it would just be better if she’d just remain as invisible as she is now.

As Sungmin was heading towards her seat, the door of the classroom burst open and the guy she saw before class came shouting “I’m here!”

The whole class laughed at the guy's clumsy entrance and the teacher motioned him to introduce himself.

“Annyeong. I am Cho Kyuhyun. I’m 16 yrs. old and I love playing online games especially Starcraft. And not to mention, I’m a genius in Math!” Everyone including the teacher couldn’t help but smile at Kyuhyun’s weird introduction as he flashed his signature nerdy smirk.

Kyuhyun was laughing awkwardly in front as he told the class that he got lost looking for their classroom. And once Kyuhyun’s eyes moved towards the end of the room, he started blushing at the sight of the girl that helped him a while ago.

She’s really my classmate… huh… What a coincidence…

“It’s time to start class, Mr. Cho, kindly take a seat anywhere you’d like.”

Most classmates found Kyuhyun interesting and they started arguing about who Kyuhyun should sit with. But as their classmates were waving towards Kyuhyun, his eyes were fixed towards the empty seat at the back of the class. Kyuhyun sat down.

“Hey~ thanks for helping me this morning. What’s your name?” Kyuhyun whispered to the girl beside her.

He’s talking to me? Why is he talking to me?

Sungmin couldn’t quite think properly and didn’t answer. Kyuhyun just thought that she probably didn’t hear him. So he passed her a note “Thanks for this morning, I’m Kyu, what’s your name?”

Sungmin knew she couldn’t ignore him now. So she took the note and wrote “I’m Lee Sungmin =)” and she passed the note back to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun smiled at the note and whispered to Sungmin, “nice to meet you~” and Sungmin just smiled back.

I’m smiling right now, aren’t I? It’s been long since I’ve smiled like this, I mean besides at home. He’s so friendly, he reminds me so much of my best friend. 

“Okay class! It’s time for you to elect your class representative. Any nominations?”

A random student raised his hand and shouted “Sunsaeng, I nominate Cho Kyuhyun as class rep!!!”

Kyuhyun gave the guy an evil glare and the student shyly quieted down. A girl with long hair stood up and shouted “I second the moton” and Kyuhyun gave her a death glare too and mouthed “You too?”

"Raise your hands if you're in favor of Cho Kyuhyun as our class representative?" Most of the class raised their hands, including Sungmin who shyly raised her hand. Kyuhyun saw Sungmin raising her hand and he couldn't help his signature smirk from coming out, followed by his face turning to a bright shade of pink.

She’s raising her hand… for me… She barely even knows me.

“I guess I have no choice, huh?” Kyuhyun smirked.

The bell rang.

“Mister class rep, take charge” The teacher said.

“Class, stand” Kyuhyun instructed the class “Bow”

“Thank You Sunsaeng” they all said in unison.

He's our class representative. He's already so popular. How can he be so friendly with everyone? It's our first day but he already has the whole class rooting for him. He's exactly how I wish I could be. If only I had the strength to. He's definitely different from me. It's like, he's from a whole other world. He's somewhat unreachable. He's just like a star, a star that's seems so far away. A star that's only there for me to admire but can't help to hope to reach.